Jeff Jarret Interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

imported_Chase

Final Matches Announced for No Way Out *Spoilers*

Final matches announced:

ECW Champion Bobby Lashley was also at the SmackDown taping. Bobby Lashley vs. Mr. Kennedy was confirmed for WWE No Way Out. A seven-way WWE Cruiserweight Championship match has also been added to WWE No Way Out featuring Gregory Helms, Scotty 2 Hotty, Daivari, Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble, Funaki and Jimmy Wang Yang.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

3lions

Reaction score
Lashley/Kennedy = random. If Lashley wins then Kennedy's push once again loses steam. If Kennedy wins then the ECW World Champion looks weak. Strange booking, imo.

Scotty 2 Hotty is back on SD! again. Why move him in the first place?

Rob Franklin

Reaction score
One has to wonder if the Kennedy/Lashley match will be for the ECW title?

Maybe Kennedy to ECW?

Weird ass booking

3lions

Reaction score
Kennedy is too good for ECW and WWE won't waste a talent like Kennedy on that brand. I also doubt it will be for the ECW Title, although it could be.

Kennedy to add another World Champion to his list?

Soulpower

I doubt Kennedy will go over Lashley, unless the WWE is just planning on killing ECW in the next couple of weeks, if Kennedy wins it'll be via a screwy ending and apparently Shannon Moore is now a part of the SD roster? At least they're doing something with the Cruiserweight title... And I think Benoit still doesn't have a match.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Yeah Kennedy will not go for the ECW world title. Like you said he is too good for ecw.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Well for one,the cruiserweight title match is most likley a reapeat of the Royal Rumble Last year where Helms won it where he was on raw,its probably just all the cruiserweights from all the shows,but no super crazy,idk man it should be a good match same with Kennedy vs Lashley.And Benoit will have a match announced at the PPV or online with MVP thats just a guess.

3lions

Reaction score
I didn't realise Moore was booked in this match. I hope that he is moved to SD! as he hasn't appeared on ECW in months. He could be a real asset to the Cruiserweight Division if given the chance.

As has already been suggested, Benoit will probably be given a match and it will be announced on WWE.com before the PPV.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
I really hope Gregory Helms does'nt lose it in this match, i would much rather him lose it in a 3 long month feud or something like that than just losing it in a quickly made up match.

Miller

Reaction score
I hate when they throw matches together the last show before the PPV. If Lashley vs. Kennedy isn't for the ECW title, then the match is pretty pointless. They keep trying to put over Lashley like ECW is 'bout to fall apart so he can move to Smackdown. Other wise it looks like a decent card, should be a good show sunday.

This Guy

Kennedy may be going to ECW. Think about it. Everyone crapped all over Snitsky's appearence in ECW last week when he attacked Lashley. Everyone freaked thinking thats who the WWE was pushing. As I've said before, the main reason ECW is not doing well in my opinion is the fact that midcarders or curtian jerkers are moved to ECW to be main eventers. Its not beleivable and makes ECW look like a farm club. Maybe the WWE has finally clued into this and realizes that ECW needs to be on the same level. So why not have Kennedy goto ECW by winning the ECW Title? People will get behind that and watch ECW for it.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
Very good point made, it has been said on numerous wrestling sites that until a few weeks back Vince McMahon only used ECW to push Bobby Lashley and to put him on the same wave length as other main eventers on Raw and Smackdown, so that when ECW shuts down and Lashley is placed on a show they can put him in the world title hunt straight away.

However Vince apparantly has more interest in ECW since the storyline of the New Breeds vs The Originals, so i am not sure if this is still the case.

This Guy

vince wants ECW to sucssed, they are obligated to provided Sci-fi with an hour of TV till December. I think it was more of a case of, vince wanted to make Lashly a main event but no at the expense of there Raw & Smackdown plans so he moved him to ECW figuring the fans will just accept that if they are a main eventer on ECW that they would be at the same level. But a mid carder is still a mid carder even in the main event unless they have gone over main eventers. Lashley fortunatly did so its a little easier to accept. Kennedy will be as well.

enfo

Reaction score
I still see scotty on the RAW roster, but I like the match, as already said Kennedy to ECW dosent sound right

Montana

I like the idea of combing SD and ECW on ppv to beef up the show.

Perhaps this could lead to Kennedy vs Lashley for the ECW title at Wrestlemania? Kennedy steals the belt, as both stars appear on both shows. Lashley finally wins it back at mania.

I also say put all the "good" cruiserwieights in Ecw too. With the Cruiserweight belt (i've been saying this since ecw came back out)