Jeff Hardy: Wrestlemania Main Event Material?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

First, he has no mic skills. Yes, he is a little better. But he still sounds like a junkie teenager. He is awfully repetitive in the mic(how many times can he say "I am taking your title, and taking you out). And sounds horribly forced when he talks in third person.

Then, his whole momentum has been created in bumps. The crowd support has always been there. The Steel Cage Match, was great, I can't deny that, but still, it was a gimmick match. His whole momentun has been created out of bumps(incredible bumps by the way).

Of course, I would be pleasently surprised if I see a nice match out of Hardy with Orton at the Rumble. After that, we can talk about Hardy one on one against somebody at WM main event. Right now, unless WWE is planning to make the main event a ladder match, he has no chance to get in.

J

^^Who can blame Hardy for saying "I'm taking you title" and stuff like that...I mean he only says what he is given half of the time..So for that to effect you judment on his mic skills doesn't seem that reasonable to me...and the only thing i think that throws Jeff's mics skills off is his accent...It gets in the way of what he's trying to say sometimes...

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Also a very good point. I mean if we're talking WM ME then this is going to be a normal traditional match. I agree that if we see Hardy do great things in a one on one traditional match at the Rumble then things will change. Because if you think about it, he hasn't really had a traditional one on one match since this feud has started.

The Rated R CMStar

Still, you see Taker saying "Rest in Peace" and it still has the same effect. Mr. Kennedy keeps repeating his name and until after 3 years it is a little stale. For how long HHH has used the "step in the ring with The Game" phraze? What they say is not the factor, is how they say it. Hardy sounds too scripted, too forced. He goes out and says everythine exactly, without adding, changing or removing anything.

As for the match, well, we have seen good one on one matches from Hardy, let's not deny it, his GAB match with Umaga and his Armageddon one with HHH was also good. But he still has to fight a 20-25 minute main event title match to prove he could be a WM main eventer. So any judgment we could make has to be done after RR.

Also, I am afraid we could be in front of a "too little, too late" case. Hardy picked up too close for Mania. We all know Mania gets booked like 4 months before, and changes are rarely made.

hbkfan!

Reaction score
No I don't think so rather see hhh or hbk in the main event.

CT Styles

I have to say that Jeff Hardy has improved out of sight lately. I originally thought he couldn't main event WM but I think he can. The crowd love him, he's done two amazing things in the last 2 RAW's. But unless he beats Orton at RR he won't main event WM because the reason he won at Armageddon was cos HHH changed his mind and wanted a title shot at WM instead of RR. So I think he can do it. Hardy has moved up alot in my books and really stepped up his game. Good luck to him.

aznality

Reaction score
He has stolen the show on wrestlemania with his high-flying stunts on several occasions, so who knows.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

wow this thread had been dead and buried for a week. its good to see jeff being taken as a serious contender

jback

Reaction score
I like Jeff Hardy. To me he is very entertaining and people cant dispute the fact that as of right now he is HUGELY over with the fans. With that said I think may be Wrestlemania material if it was in the right feud. I think wats best for Jeff is to compete in the Money in the bank challenge at wrestlemania and then grow from here. Hardy is super over so I could see him main eventing wrestlemania someday but I'm not sure if its this year.

Liam_wwe_fan

Reaction score
maybe he could be in the main event if it wasnt just a one on one if there was a few in a match where he can put him self about doing what he does best on ladders etc on a cage maybe something like that but one on one for liek 40 mins may be bit hard for him as he takes high risks if you get what im trying to say =D

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea that was sweet, but how many times in a ME match is Hardy going to get the oppurtunity to do a 30 foot swanton? I actually thought his match last night was pretty good, but when you look at his best moves throughout his feud with Orton his best moments have been doing things he can't do in normal matches.

Christian

Reaction score
^Yea that was sweet, but how many times in a ME match is Hardy going to get the oppurtunity to do a 30 foot swanton? I actually thought his match last night was pretty good, but when you look at his best moves throughout his feud with Orton his best moments have been doing things he can't do in normal matches.

Throw him in a ladder title match or two.

Switchy

Reaction score
Well my opinion of Jeff Hardy has changed over the past couple of months. I wouldn't go as far as hating the guy but I didn't really like him and now I think he is awesome and is alo gaining some mic skils too. Everyone always said pushing Matt would be the best idea but I think pushing Jeff turned out to be a good move and I think he could be a WM ME'er 1 day in a year or so if he manages to Maintian his spot in/around the ME.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Throw him in a ladder title match or two.

You can only have ladder matches so often. This isn't like the old ECW title or something. Jeff has surprised me with this feud and I've been impressed with him, but all I'm saying is that his best 2 moments in this feud came jumping off of a steel cage and a 30 foot steel structure(that wasn't involved in a mathc).