Jeff Hardy: Wrestlemania Main Event Material?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
All I can say is it's about time someone NEW has been pushed for the WWE Championship. No more Triple H or John Cena over and over, it's time to see what the REST of the roster can do.

HBKristen

Reaction score
All I can say is it's about time someone NEW has been pushed for the WWE Championship. No more Triple H or John Cena over and over, it's time to see what the REST of the roster can do.

even though so many talented wrestlers get overshadowed by the john cenas and triple h's, you're just not going to see a truly amazing champion in WWE. they're all basically the same. we're only getting to see the rest of the roster right now because WWE is kind of in a recession. it's cool, but i'm not counting on it lasting.

them's dark days for WWE...

Reinvented

Reaction score
Well Kristen both Hardys suck and should never main event.

I'd rather see HBK vs HHH for the 9000000 time because I aleast know it will be good. Having a guy like Hardy main event would suck major balls. Hardy will never be the Draw HHH and Cena are.

Guys like D.H Smith and Cody Rhodes will be the next big draws. MVP will be a draw Mr.Kennedy will be a draw. HARDYS HELL NO!!!!!

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
The Hardys have been around longer then all the wrestlers you just mentioned probably put together. The Hardys are main event material just not good enough to main event Mania. Any other PPV I wouldn't mind seeing them main event actually I would love to see it. I like the Hardys alot I just don't thying they will ever Main event Mania

Reinvented

Reaction score
I'm saying that these young guys have a chance to show us they can main event Maina. I know for me the Hardys had there time where they could have shown us they could ME Maina but its to late now.

Hardys been around since 1999. How many more years do you need to push yourself to main event.

Sorry if I offend you Diehard Hardy fans but these guys can't ME Mania or any other PPV for that matter.

J

Well Kristen both Hardys suck and should never main event.

I'd rather see HBK vs HHH for the 9000000 time because I aleast know it will be good. Having a guy like Hardy main event would suck major balls. Hardy will never be the Draw HHH and Cena are.

Guys like D.H Smith and Cody Rhodes will be the next big draws. MVP will be a draw Mr.Kennedy will be a draw. HARDYS HELL NO!!!!!

Shit son...Am i seeing things or did Hardy get put over by Trips at the ppv...If Trips is willing to put Jeff over...I don't see any reason why Jeff could not main event a wrestlemania...

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Sorry if I got what you were saying wrong but the Hardys have been around for some time but you have to remember that we are talking WWE here and Jeff was in TNA for some time and was also not wrestling for some time. Matt was out for a while before returning. Also if they can't main event any PPV why will Jeff be in the possible main event at Royal Rumble. Jeff has been in the main event before and he pretty much blew that chabnce but hopefully he can not blow it next time

Reinvented

Reaction score
This is Hardys Shot or his biggest burial.

I promise this Hardy will not main event the royal rumble and if he does its just to get squashed and build the main event match for Wrestlemania.

He will lose his spot at the main event I see if!!!!

C4

I have been saying this for months and months, Jeff Hardy has what it takes to be a Main Event Superstar, they should give him the big push that he needs... like Edge who got his Main Event push and won the World Championship it's about time that Jeff also gets his spot in the Roster.

Interesting to see that WWE let him beat Triple H at Armageddon, it's just a sign of things to come, but he won't leave WWE Champion at Royal Rumble! So WrestleMania is the way to go!

ice_edged

Reaction score
well the thing is you like him or not he will be the next best thing after hhh and cena or so it seems.. come on if you get hhh push you over you are getting a huge push and it seems like he is slowly becoming main eventer....

and maybe its about time .. been there for more than 8 years now.. should really get a a title oppurtunity now.. let see if he doesnt blow it

Enigma22

Reaction score
i think he has all the talent but for a main event it probably has to be against the right person. like size wise the right person. i dont want to see him face someone like taker or kanes size but against someone like edge or hbk or someone else who isnt that big he could have an amazing match. especially cause u know he will pull off some awesome spots in a main event of wrestlemania.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I believe uo until now Jeff was not ready for the ME. However, it seems that recently he has stepped his game up alot, and even the WWE is beginning to see him as main event material. They are pushing him really hard, as we have seen him be put over by both Triple H and saw him pin Orton clean in just this last week alone. Also, I was impressed with his promo on Raw, so I have no problem seeing him as a main eventer in the near future.

Reaction score
I have been saying this for months and months, Jeff Hardy has what it takes to be a Main Event Superstar, they should give him the big push that he needs... like Edge who got his Main Event push and won the World Championship it's about time that Jeff also gets his spot in the Roster.

Interesting to see that WWE let him beat Triple H at Armageddon, it's just a sign of things to come, but he won't leave WWE Champion at Royal Rumble! So WrestleMania is the way to go!

Are you kidding? You think after Jeff's title shot, and miss, he will go after it AGAIN at Mania? You're off your nuts!

Jeff isn't ME material, let alont Mania ME material right now. I actually saw my first lot of wrestling this sunday at Armageddon, and I can honestly say - even with Trips in the ring, doing what they both did (the slaps, the hand shake, the surprise win etc) Jeff still isn't ME material, and I am shocked he is going to the RR with a title shot.

I think the only thing that's doing is allowing Trips to win the Rumble, and then go on to face Orton at Mania.

I watched the HHH/Hardy match with all sights of Hardy being pushed to his limits, and even with the win I just sat there going "He isn't even close to ME material." He is missing something in the ring, and his size doesn't help - Im not saying big guys rule the ring, Im just saying he is not built enough, and doesnt come across enough as a 'force to be messed with'. Also, his style of wrestling (not 'spot monkey') doesn't seem to suit the ME scene, imo.

Airfixx

I've been slowly succumbing to the idea of a Hardy as a main eventer for a while now, but him V HHH on Sunday left me massively unconvinced.

Seemed to me that match was THE time to stake his claim (So that if he was put over - as he was - then he'd seem a lot more of a convincing prospect for a title win) but he didn't pull anything special out of the bag. If anything, it just seemed like The Game was desperately trying to drag a better performance out of him.

Just a thought, but how about Jericho costing Hardy the title at RR, arguing that HE deserved a rematch...

A long term fued with Jericho could well help teach Hardy how to adapt his style to 'the big match' environment (as the two have a more similar style to that of JH/HHH).

Airfixx

....his size doesn't help - Im not saying big guys rule the ring, Im just saying he is not built enough, and doesnt come across enough as a 'force to be messed with'.

Agreed.... Once you start putting smaller guys up against 275lb+ guys, unless they have a particularly dynamic AND hard hittin offensive style (or technical masters in the vein of Hart, Angle, Benoit etc.) then it's hard to be convinced that the smaller guy poses any real threat.

This is one of the reasons I think some people are destined for no more than IC/US title status and one of the reasons why I think the Hardy/HH match @ 'Geddon failed to do the biz.