JEFF HARDY SIGNED WITH TNA ...BROTHER!!! 01/05/09

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

Jeff is honestly the biggest person they could sign at this point short of getting fuckin Cena himself.

Taker, HHH, HBK, Edge and Orton would all be bigger.

Sure Hardy was getting a pretty good pop and sold some merch, but those guys (including Cena) are the draws.

Very few people will actually change their viewing pattern for Hardy. A shit load would wacth TNA if one of the other legit main eventers switched.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Taker, HHH, HBK, Edge and Orton would all be bigger.

Sure Hardy was getting a pretty good pop and sold some merch, but those guys (including Cena) are the draws.

Very few people will actually change their viewing pattern for Hardy. A shit load would wacth TNA if one of the other legit main eventers switched.

Jeff Hardy was the highest seller of merchandise during his last few months with the company. Even making a bigger profit than John Cena. I hardly just brush that off as simply "sold some merch". He outdrew all of the guys you mentioned in terms of merchandise. That's a big deal and that's a driving factor as to why WWE pushes their superstars. Whoever's selling the merch and putting asses in the seats.

Once again it bears repeating, Jeff Hardy is in no way in hell going to TNA. But trying to undermine the impact of him going to TNA if he ever WERE has got to be one of the most idiotic things you've ever said.

Then again, every post you make nowadays is the most idiotic thing you've ever said. So this doesn't surprise me.

It's gotten to the point where your opinions are so outlandish and ridiculous that your quickly being proven to be nothing more than a troll. Maybe if you post something halfway intelligent instead of blind WWE support then you can prove me wrong. But I've heard enough bullshit from you to officially discount anything you have to say to a serious topic of discussion.

CenaMark54

Jeff Hardy was the highest seller of merchandise during his last few months with the company. Even making a bigger profit than John Cena. I hardly just brush that off as simply "sold some merch". He outdrew all of the guys you mentioned in terms of merchandise. That's a big deal and that's a driving factor as to why WWE pushes their superstars. Whoever's selling the merch and putting asses in the seats.

Once again it bears repeating, Jeff Hardy is in no way in hell going to TNA. But trying to undermine the impact of him going to TNA if he ever WERE has got to be one of the most idiotic things you've ever said.

Then again, every post you make nowadays is the most idiotic thing you've ever said. So this doesn't surprise me.

It's gotten to the point where your opinions are so outlandish and ridiculous that your quickly being proven to be nothing more than a troll. Maybe if you post something halfway intelligent instead of blind WWE support then you can prove me wrong. But I've heard enough bullshit from you to officially discount anything you have to say to a serious topic of discussion.

Dude, I've been on this forum much longer than you, and contributed more than you ever will. Stop and think before calling someone an idiotic troll. Not everyone agrees with everything you say, nor should they. If you want to debate, then lets debate. If not keep your commentary to yourself.

Hardy is not the draw Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker, Edge or Orton is, its a proven fact. And Merch is not the be all end all. Mysterio has sold just as much merch as Hardy, does that make him an impactful wrestler?

If Angle didn't make a difference, how will Hardy? It has yet to be seen if even Hogan himself can make an impact.

TNA needs to differentiate themselves from the WWE, not sign a bunch of WWE guys.

The Rated R CMStar

However, I do think Cenamark is right on something. While he brushes off Hardy's value for the WWE, he does make a good point.

HHH, HBK, Taker, Cena, Edge, Orton, Rey Mysterio, all of those guys would make a bigger impact to the PRODUCT than Jeff Hardy.

Had Jeff stayed longer with WWE, then I have no doubt in my mind he would be WWE's biggest name, even bigger than Cena (altough having to take a backseat to him because you just cant have Jeff as your franchise man), but since he really isnt a fully established main eventer, he wouldnt make such a big impact as any of those.

Great One

I don't understand this logic. If one sells more merchandise, wouldn't one be more popular thus draw more fans? It seems TQO is right. Of course there are small exceptions to buying said merchandise, but come on, it's common sense to think they would be more known and thus more liked if their slogans, catch phrases, gimmicks, etc. are bought.

CenaMark54

I don't understand this logic. If one sells more merchandise, wouldn't one be more popular thus draw more fans? It seems TQO is right. Of course there are small exceptions to buying said merchandise, but come on, it's common sense to think they would be more known and thus more liked if their slogans, catch phrases, gimmicks, etc. are bought.

Hardy sold more merch than Taker. It doesn't make him a bigger draw. It just means his character is marketed to the demographic that buys the most merch.

Its unbelievable that anyone would think that Jeff Hardy would make a bigger impact on TNA futures than Taker, HHH, or HBK.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Agreed.

Somebody like Undertaker, HBK, HHH, John Cena etcetera are the guys that you assume will be WWE for life and would never jump to the rival show so seeing them make that jump would be shocking enough to definitely make waves.

Jeff Hardy jumping to TNA would be a meh, been there, done that situation.

Kizza

People are debating that Hardy is a bigger draw than those guys? Wow.

Hardy is popular, hardly a franchise star though. You build your business around guys like HBK, Cena, Taker, not guys like Jeff.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Hardy is the biggest free agent in wrestling right now, so it sounds big having him mentioned with TNA. but having him talk might give a spike for one night, but it won't have the big effect of someone jumping real sudden. IDK if his No Compete Clause expired yet though, that could hold him back.

I think everyone needs to relax with this. Hardy didn't even sign or confirm anything yet other than being a spectator. Shannon Moore is the one being targeted, and he'll probably get signed. Jeff might just be coming along with his buddy to go to CityWalk and get hammered at the Whopper Bar.

EDIT - I wouldn't compare his last run with TNA to now. He might draw more fans now, but the "wow" factor will be off because he's been there already.

Kizza

I don't think Hardy had a non complete clause cos I think his contract ran out. But usually they're 90 days, and he left around the same time as Kennedy?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
just checked. He left at the end of August, so that's expired already. the legal stuff won't be a problem, I think. TNA might be too excited if they had the chance and not check his status.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Dude, I've been on this forum much longer than you, and contributed more than you ever will. Stop and think before calling someone an idiotic troll.

The only thing I've ever seen you contribute is showing everyone else how NOT to be a wrestling fan. I'd rather not put my unquestioning faith in every little thing WWE does without ever having a bad thing to say about the company despite all of it's many flaws like you do.

Not everyone agrees with everything you say, nor should they. If you want to debate, then lets debate. If not keep your commentary to yourself.

And I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I expect everyone to be able to think for themselves without being presented as mindless WWE drones. When I hear you criticize SOMETHING about WWE to prove that you are at least capable of individual thought, then I'll retract my opinion of you.

Hardy is not the draw Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker, Edge or Orton is, its a proven fact. And Merch is not the be all end all. Mysterio has sold just as much merch as Hardy, does that make him an impactful wrestler?

Of course he's not as big a draw as Cena et. al. I never claimed that. I merely claimed that he sold more merchanidse and outdrew the other main eventers for the last few months that he was in the company. I was simply telling you that you shouldn't undermine Jeff Hardy's effect on TNA just because he's not Cena. If Jeff Hardy were working for WWE right now you would defend him to the death about his drawing power.

If Angle didn't make a difference, how will Hardy? It has yet to be seen if even Hogan himself can make an impact.

I already said there's a snowballs chance in hell that Hardy is going to TNA. It's not gonna happen. That's not even what the debate is about. The debate is that you claim without WWE Jeff Hardy has no impact on the business. Which is bs markdom.

TNA needs to differentiate themselves from the WWE, not sign a bunch of WWE guys.

And I agree. If you'd pay attention for the past month now I've been increasing my criticisms of TNA for planning on bringing in so many oldies. I am NOT in any way saying that TNA is going to trounce WWE, or even would trounce WWE if they had Jeff Hardy. But Hardy is so massively over that he WOULD make an impact. However little a dent it may be, he would make a visible impact on TNA IF and thats a big IF he ever joined. It's not debatable. He's a big enough draw that he would make an impact.

CenaMark54

The only thing I've ever seen you contribute is showing everyone else how NOT to be a wrestling fan. I'd rather not put my unquestioning faith in every little thing WWE does without ever having a bad thing to say about the company despite all of it's many flaws like you do.

So now you are going to tell me what to like and dislike? And what does this have to do with the fact that Hardy isn't the draw that some believe he is?

And I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I expect everyone to be able to think for themselves without being presented as mindless WWE drones. When I hear you criticize SOMETHING about WWE to prove that you are at least capable of individual thought, then I'll retract my opinion of you.

I don't care what you think about me. Nor do I need to prove myself to someone who complains to no end about everything.

Of course he's not as big a draw as Cena et. al. I never claimed that. I merely claimed that he sold more merchanidse and outdrew the other main eventers for the last few months that he was in the company. I was simply telling you that you shouldn't undermine Jeff Hardy's effect on TNA just because he's not Cena. If Jeff Hardy were working for WWE right now you would defend him to the death about his drawing power.

Never thought Jeff was a draw. Shouldn't you be complaining that he only attracts the kiddies?

I already said there's a snowballs chance in hell that Hardy is going to TNA. It's not gonna happen. That's not even what the debate is about. The debate is that you claim without WWE Jeff Hardy has no impact on the business. Which is bs markdom.

The debate centered around the fact that someone said "besides Cena, Hardy would have the biggest impact of anyone that could make the move to the WWE" or something along those lines. Thats just not true and I pointed it out.

I never claimed that Hardy needs the WWE to be successful. Try reading before you go on another anti WWE and anti WWE fanbase rant.

And I agree. If you'd pay attention for the past month now I've been increasing my criticisms of TNA for planning on bringing in so many oldies. I am NOT in any way saying that TNA is going to trounce WWE, or even would trounce WWE if they had Jeff Hardy. But Hardy is so massively over that he WOULD make an impact. However little a dent it may be, he would make a visible impact on TNA IF and thats a big IF he ever joined. It's not debatable. He's a big enough draw that he would make an impact.

There are only a handful true draws in the history of this business. Austin, Hogan, The Rock, and Andre. Everyone else needs either a good storyline or feud to put asses in the seats and make people care. Hardy is not one of them. You probably said the same thing when Angle went TNA.

As Monkeystyle said, Taker, HHH, and HBK would be huge because they are seen as WWE lifers. Hardy going to TNA would hardly hold any shock value.