Jeff Hardy 'should' be champ right now!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

....Anyone else out there think that the end of the SD title scramble was dumb?

Jeff's holding the current pin, HHH goes for a pin with 4 seconds to go and as long as he doesn't get that 3-count, Jeff wins the title....

What does Jeff do? Goes for a pin on a different opponent when the clock's down to 2 seconds...

It just shat all over the entire match for me.

Hometown Kid

Well what did you expect? It's a Triple H title defense against 3 guys the company has no "confidence" in and a guy they would have even less "trust" in if he wasn't blowing the roof off of crowds...you expect a logical finish between these 5? :smh It was the worst scramble match of the night thanks to that ridiculous finish. But I'm sure Jeff will get his return match and get the title sooner or later...>_> The match before the finish was about as good as it gets though.

C4

It couldn't go any better, WWE has lost all interest in Jeff Hardy after the latest drug incident.

Airfixx

It couldn't go any better,

Hmmmm.... Dunno about that.... They could have had MVP win in the exact same scenario they built up for Jeff to "nearly" win in... And then he could have fueded WITH Jeff & HHH, cheat to win and eventually ended up Cell-bound, dropping the title to Taker.... That would have been killer!

Seriously, if they don't wise up booking wise on SD they're gonna end up stuck with this long, dull HHH title reign that they can't write/book their way
out of without totally destroying his credibility(*)....

(*which presumably is why they're being so cautious about giving any of the younger guys that final bit of a push needed to propell them to the top - i.e. Rather than holding the other guys back per say, they're keeping HHH strong, just in case someone such as Jeff or MVP did drop the ball should they end up carrying the gold).

...OOOOPS, my bad - That reign is happening as we 'speak'! ;o]

Wrestling Station

Jeff will never be on top of HHH. If he ever going to win the title (which I highly doubt it), it will be by a roll over pin. No clean domination or a clean finisher for him over HHH.

On the other hand, I think the Big Show would, as he is beside the GM manager >_> so he will get all the assist needed (like Edge scenario) and screws HHH.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I don't think Jeff should hold the title just yet IMO. But saying that id much prefer him holding the title now than what they are doing with HHH. The way he is getting booked at the mo is killing his title reign. He is the champ and is doing fuck all TBH. No one on the roster is really chasing him for the title and those that he does fight are random matches with no real storyline/feud build up. So yeah stick the belt on Jeff till they can sort there shit out on smack down.

Ballin

Reaction score
It could've gone better if HHH wasn't champion and he wasn't even in the match. Cause lets face it, Im a Trip fan and he was shit in the match and putting himself over anybody, basically ruining any buildup THE Brian Kendrick had in the match at all. I guess if they didn't have Trips winning they couldve gone with Benjiman, MVP, or Hardy and that woulda made it better IMO considering Trip's reign has been as good as Luther Reign's reign.

chessarmy

I loved the finish, it really made me think that Jeff was going to win the WWE Title, and the match itself was great. Easily the best Scramble match of the night. I'm sick of Triple H's WWE Title reign, and I wish that he could have lost the title at Unforgiven. But honestly, him retaining didn't take away from the match itself, I still enjoyed it

WCWStinger96

Reaction score
I loved the finish, it really made me think that Jeff was going to win the WWE Title, and the match itself was great. Easily the best Scramble match of the night. I'm sick of Triple H's WWE Title reign, and I wish that he could have lost the title at Unforgiven. But honestly, him retaining didn't take away from the match itself, I still enjoyed it

that sums it up, pretty much. except, I don't mind HHH being champ. I just want him to lose to hardy:sq_yellow_cool:

Reaction score
The match was great but the ending like many said was stupid..

Not the fact that HHH won (which of course he would) but how he won.. Jeff was right there and could have easily messed up the three count but the WWE made him look like a dumbass and made him pin someone when there was 2 seconds left.

seX-Power

The match was good not that great as it was pretty clustered most of the time. The ending completely ruined it and I really expected and wanted Hardy to win, but it was good that the WWE made me think that. I expect Hardy not to win the title until at least after WM25.

Airfixx

I loved the finish, it really made me think that Jeff was going to win the WWE Title.

Seems with one or two expections, no-one's really got the point of the thread. It's not that I actually wanted Jeff to win or think he should have won, but within' the kayfaybe storyline of the match they've made Hardy to look like an absolute fool... A character that I can take even less seriously now... One that you could argue is actually fiitting of the second barrel of the nickname 'spot-monkey'...

Oh and can peeps P-L-E-A-S-E(!!!) stop with the "They should have HHH face proper ME-ers like Taker, SHow & Edge" and wake up tot the fact that Big Show or Taker won't be facing HHH in the immediate future because they're in an angle with each other and neither will Edge as he's on 'holiday'... At least ACT like you're paying attention to WWE TV, ffs!

Daunter

Reaction score
I dont think jeff deserves to be champion just yet i think hes good feuding with shelton and Mvp.

noumenon

Jeff is nowhere near ready for a world title. If they wanted to put him anywhere near a world title he should have been the Hardy to head over to ECW... it would be less of a kick to the balls if he fumbled with it. Matt truly deserves to be on RAW or SD going for a world title if any Hardy. But we won't get into that debate. Jeff is simply a spot monkey with hardly any mic skills... and that would get really old, really quick as any other champ but IC.

On the other hand HHH has been like Godzilla since he won the WWE and hasn't really had an opponent that even seemed near worthy to take the title off of him. I suppose Hardy will do another month until the Show/Taker (300th time) angle runs its course and one of them is ready to challenge him.

wwefan405

Reaction score
I can already see the build to the big one finally happening for Jeff Hardy. It could quite possibly be the most emotional and huge World title win left in wrestling.

Hardy has been struggling with his drug addiction(s) for years now and through all of that he has still maintained his loyal fan base that keep him over. Hardy delivers good matches almost every single week.

Now as MVP and HHH have said on TV, "the only thing stopping Jeff Hardy is himself." The man could be bigger than anyone can ever imagined, he just has to get his act together because he has the goods to do it.

I think his final suspension and house burning down has turned Jeff in the right direction and that is the WWE Championship.

WWE are giving little hints in teases such as Mission Impossible theme on the WWE Magazine and in the Scramble at Unforgiven. WWE fans want Jeff Hardy to make it to the top and I think he'll do it. And when it happens it will be a huge moment. I can see Jeff winning the Royal Rumble and winnine the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 25