JBonez TNA Impact Analysis 4/5/10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I've decided not to do a review this week. Instead, it'll be an analysis on the show. The show was either really good or really bad. I'm not going to go segment by segment, just the main points.

The Knockouts:

The Knockouts have been getting Impact their highest rating for some time. Last night they capitalized on that by having them open the show as well as close it. The ending left me scratching my head. Tara actually agreed to put her title up for her spider knowing she can't get both of them? She had a 25% chance of getting Poison back, but a 75% chance of losing her title.This match concept would have been alot better if the Knockout's title was vacated. I'm not going to really shit on the fact that there was a title change from a case, seeing as though that's what Feast or Fired and The Money in the Bank case's are. It's just funny how people complain about them using this method in their females when that's what the Attitude Era (the greatest time in wrestling) was all about. Lacy was hot btw.

Orlando Jordan's gimmic:

His gimmic is disturbing to some. Well, congrats to OJ for occomplishing his goal. He's supose to be odd. He's supose to leave you scratching your head. Now I don't know if it was suppose to happen or not, but him busting a nut with that lotion was lol-erific. And it appears to that he'll be going into a feud with Terry, possibly over the title. Which leads me to my next point.

Rob Terry takes an clean chair shot to the head:

There are so older wrestlers who are dieing young. And it's happening at a fast rate. Clean shots to the head aren't needed anymore. There are other ways to prove how tough you are. I think this is a long time coming with the stopping of clean chair shots. Once it was revealed how messed up Benoit's brain was, that should have been a wake-up call. Then you have all these wrestlers dieing way too soon. It's just sad. It's even sadder that it toke 3 years for people to start to really care.

But, with that being said, I did have the guilty pleasure from the after math with the blood dripping down Terry's face. The intense look on him with the blood dripping down was cool.

The Wolfpack:

:wtf: Are these guys still here? I didn't even watch WCW, but they're doing the same shit they were doing back then. And I'm sick of it. Give that time to someone else. If you can spend that much time on these guys, imagine how over you could get a heel team. Now BTLS is with them? More time for this bitch. KEEP THIS FUCKER OFF MY TV!!! This whole "let's bring in our buddies shit is out of hand. GenMe barely gets tv time yet BTLS gets time? Samoa Joe has been kidnapped. KIDNAPPED!! And BTLS gets tv time hanging out with "the boys". Enough already. Foley should have finished the job when he got fired.

X-Division Is A Mess:

Isn't Kaz the #1 contender? Has he even been seen since he won the ladder match at Destination? Why is Shannon Moore not there with Douglas Williams. The feud seems all about them now. Williams not liking how the division is going, Moore confronts him. That would have been the perfect chance for Kaz to come out. He loses his title shot at Destination X, and it appears that he'll be losing it again. If Kaz does challenge for the title at Lockdown, it's all but an indication that he wont be winning. Moore has completely over-shadowed Kaz. Wasn't GenMe getting high praises for how they preformed with The Guns at the last ppv. Now they're jobbing to one guy? Way to make them look like jokes. I don't know why TNA wont get behind these guys or The Guns but it's a missed opportunity.

Kurt Angle vs Anderson:

This has to be the best feud going right now. The ladder match was great. Kurt toke a pretty scary bump to the outside but he recovered quickly. I loved the way Anderson looked into the camera in the corner after he won. I'm not fan of having people who's fighting at a ppv, have a match before it (even though this is 2 weeks). They have to do a lot to follow-up with their Lockdown match to make it better than this was.

Lockdown Hype:

The hype for Lockdown so far I think has been lackluster. Anderson/Angle is shaping up nicely and although they said there Lockdown match would be it, I hope that it isn't. Pope vs Styles had so much more potential when Pope won the 8-Card Stud Tournament 2 months ago. Now it doesn't seem as big as it use to be. Dinero seems to be tied up with Wolfe, and Abyss is still attacking Styles. If they had gone with a 2 month build up, it would have been so much better. They pushed Dinero to the side and just brought him back in the mix like he's been there the whole time. It doesn't work that way. It's still the match that I want to see the most out of the card. And I'm glad that Dinero is off the injury angle as well as have a new finisher. Now for the Lethal Lockdown match, the teams seem pretty good. Flair's team is the most intriguing though. Those guys have all the makings of forming a stable and making it be successful. I'm hoping that after Lockdown, there will still be sometype of alliance with them all. Besides Sting of course. Him and Jarrett can have their little feud. They don't need the other guys. Plus it keeps them away from the title scene so that's a plus.

I was going to shit on this show. But after actually going through it all, it's not as bad as I thought it was. Sure there were some lows and stuff that wasn't great, but it was enjoyable.

Shoot me your thoughts on the new format of what I'm doing. It's not going to be an every week thing, but it gives me a break from real long reviews which can get boring after awhile.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I like this format, when I read reviews I usually just do it to get the writer's opinion on the show more than to know what happened. Anyways, iMPACT! was absolute SHIT imo, sure there were some bright spots, but the the negatives waaaaaaaaaaaaay outnumbered the positives. Why does Bubba "The Love" Sponge still have a job? Why did Orlando Jordan spray cum on himself? Why did Angle and Anderson kill themselves for a fucking key? Why did the Knockouts Title switch hands in a STUPID LOCKBOX GIMMICK!!!!???

Fuck this company

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
100 percent agreed with Chess. I care more about what you've got to say. Might write one of these myself using that format. :g:

But anyway, i'm in the midst of a boycott of TNA due to this horrible HORRIBLE Orlando Jordan business. But from the reports i've read, it was one of the worst TNAs ever, and the OJ segment pretty much confirms that. Still waiting for an Orlando injury.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
WHO HOO!!! People read AND replied!!!

The main thing I don't like is the whole Band w/ BTLS. I hated The Band since they would close Impact every week for 2 months. Adding that fucker into it just makes me hate them even more. Bubba has that Vicki hate with me where I turn the tv when he's on. Unless I'm watching the recording.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well, I think the only reason this "Bubba" guy is with Band is because now at least they'll get a strong reaction. I'm not really sure what everyone's problem with Bubba, besides he's just Hogan's friend and not a wrestler. He cut a pretty solid heel promo (saw online) and obviously has some charisma. I consider him TNA's version of The Miz, in which he's such an assclown in reality that he's a natural heel. But he's way way WAY better than Vickie.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Well, I think the only reason this "Bubba" guy is with Band is because now at least they'll get a strong reaction. I'm not really sure what everyone's problem with Bubba, besides he's just Hogan's friend and not a wrestler. He cut a pretty solid heel promo (saw online) and obviously has some charisma. I consider him TNA's version of The Miz, in which he's such an assclown in reality that he's a natural heel. But he's way way WAY better than Vickie.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see that part and we can still be cool.

Kizza

Reaction score
100 percent agreed with Chess. I care more about what you've got to say. Might write one of these myself using that format. :g:

But anyway, i'm in the midst of a boycott of TNA due to this horrible HORRIBLE Orlando Jordan business. But from the reports i've read, it was one of the worst TNAs ever, and the OJ segment pretty much confirms that. Still waiting for an Orlando injury.

That's ridiculous. Say what you want about Orlando Jordan and his gimmick, but the blame cannot be put solely on him. Knockouts to finish the show? Knockouts competing for keys to boxes, completely devaluing the worth of the title. Angle and Anderson fighting over CAGE KEY (clearly written on there in case you missed it), plus the usual nonsensical and fucked up booking. But to say Jordan is the only reason, is ridiculous. It was a 30 second shot of him squirting himself with cream and eating strawberries. It's not like he got his dick out and creamed on Rob Terry. Such a severe overreaction.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Say what you want about Orlando Jordan and his gimmick, but the blame cannot be put solely on him. Knockouts to finish the show? Knockouts competing for keys to boxes, completely devaluing the worth of the title. Angle and Anderson fighting over CAGE KEY (clearly written on there in case you missed it), plus the usual nonsensical and fucked up booking. But to say Jordan is the only reason, is ridiculous. It was a 30 second shot of him squirting himself with cream and eating strawberries. It's not like he got his dick out and creamed on Rob Terry. Such a severe overreaction.

It's not solely on him, the rest of the show sucked too when I watched it. You have to draw the line somewhere though, even though i've seen some stupid stuff in wrestling. And he's it. I'm not psychic, so I don't see the reason why I should risk mentally scarring myself again just to watch it. Still though, even if it was a good show, i'd probably stop watching if he was on it.

Hit N Run

Reaction score
Nice review and sums up my thoughts. Although I can handle the 'Band' being there a little more than you, but yeah Bubba gtfo now.

Tbh the Orlando thing isn't bothering me, in fact I lol'd when he did the Cream thing and had a stare down with Terry. Does he want my belt or my ass, has got be crossing the big mans mind.

The case thing was okay also, although the whole Daffney being knocked aside by Tara/Love fight, and Velvet challenging for the belt even though those two where scrapping, was a little wtf.

Personally I wanted ODB to win that case, her threat to take on AJ would have been brilliant. :)

Good stuff though, I'll be interested to see your views on future episodes.

ThophyRof

Reaction score
Genesis was going to be made available on a live stream for around £10 on one of TNAs sites, but that didnt happen for some reason.Im fairly sure the reason bravo have stopped showing ppvs is because Bravo signed an 18-month contract with TNA at around June 08, which also means Impact may be moved to a different channel, on Dixies twitter she said there should be an update for UK viewers in a few days.

ThophyRof

Reaction score
Genesis was going to be made available on a live stream for around £10 on one of TNAs sites, but that didnt happen for some reason.Im fairly sure the reason bravo have stopped showing ppvs is because Bravo signed an 18-month contract with TNA at around June 08, which also means Impact may be moved to a different channel, on Dixies twitter she said there should be an update for UK viewers in a few days.

ThophyRof

Reaction score
Obviously hes going to say this..just like Hogan was saying they gna strive to become number 1 in north america...they tried monday night impact..nd it failed...nd sicne then they havent mentioned it..TNA has been around for 8 years now, but no were neaa wwe level..dey are more than 50 years behind... IMO...

ThophyRof

Reaction score
Obviously hes going to say this..just like Hogan was saying they gna strive to become number 1 in north america...they tried monday night impact..nd it failed...nd sicne then they havent mentioned it..TNA has been around for 8 years now, but no were neaa wwe level..dey are more than 50 years behind... IMO...