Jay Lethal Gone From TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Former TNA X-Division and Tag Team champion Jay Lethal is gone from TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of this writing, we haven't heard details. Lethal has already been removed from the roster page of the TNA website.

Lethal, who hadn't been used much in recent months but worked the Lockdown PPV over the weekend, had been with the company since 2005 and had several big runs, including his Randy Savage homage "Black Machismo", and wins over Ric Flair and Kurt Angle.

I didn't expect this at all. I could probably name a dozen wrestlers that I thought should go ahead of him. It will be interesting to see the reason behind this and behind his recent depush.

Will WWE give him an offer or will Lethal head to ROH?

SBS

Reaction score
I say Lethal heads to ROH. His style and his size fits better their. We all know Vince doesn't like the small guy as he thinks they aren't marketable. But this is sad imo. Jay Lethal was actually an above average talent in the TNA locker room. Ten to One he left because of backstage politics and who can blame him. When he beat Flair I thought for sure he was in for a run to the top. Unfortunately that never happened and its a shame because he could have easily performed at the top level. I mean hell if Anderson and RVD can, so can he. But oh well, another loss for TNA imo. But that is nothing new.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jay Lethal is a good prospect, if WWE picked up Consequences Creed, I don't see why Lethal wouldn't be a better pickup.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Thing about Jay though is that he is young. So he has time to bulk up. I believe in 2005 he was only 20 years old, he should be 25 maybe 26 I don't know but he is young enough to be picked up by the WWE if he wanted. If not he will be good in ROH.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just checked his age and he is only 26, I couldn't believe it since I thought that he was at least 30 simply because he had been in TNA for so long. Surely WWE would at least give him a developmental deal, I know they didn't give Daniels a deal but Daniels is over 40 whereas Lethal has a long time left in the business.

We could get a Lethal Consequences reunion first in FCW and then in WWE which I would like.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is actually my fault because I picked him to win the X-Title at Lockdown, boy did I put the jinx on this guy!

It doesn't really suprise me as I am sure TNA think most of that divison is depensible, and they lost intrest in Jay a long time ago. He would be a great fit back in ROH, or maybe because of his age with the right role in WWE. I can see this guy being world class one day.

Ashkan Niaki

Reaction score
Jay Lethal released from TNA .

Jay Lethal , who was recently released by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling , commented on his departure from the organization on Twitter . Stating : " While I am sad that my time with TNA has ended , I am looking forward to this next chapter of my career . Ooooh yeah ! now taking booking . " This superstar from New Jersey found fame in TNA by immitating Legends , "Macho Man" Randy Savage and briefly "the Nature Boy" Ric Flair .
A number of TNA stars are apparently upset with Jay's sudden release . The following remarks were written on Twitter . Max Buck : " Ridiculous . Just Ridiculous . " Amazing Red : " ...... ;( %&*$ . Morale has just took a nose dive . " Jeremy Buck : " Worst possible thing to happen to our locker room . " Tara wrote to Lethal : " Oh I hope this is just a rumor . Because I will miss you terribly . "

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think this could be combined with the other Lethal thread. I am sure he is popplar in the locker room as he was a true pro though out his run there and never caused anyone any trouble.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but i've always seen flashes of brilliance from this guy. He had a street fight a few years back with MCMG vs 3D and Johnny Devine that made me believe TNA was going to push him to the moon because he owned in the match and the crowd went wild for him. If I was Vince I'd have a contract in the mail tomorrow.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well he took a silly gimmick in Black Machismo and turned it into a top character which gave him a huge push. TNA did keep him under that gimmick for too long and that did hurt him a bit since he should have been able to be just Jay Lethal and take advantage of the momentum he got from that gimmick.

I agree Scott that Vince should sign him immediately. He would be a great addition to either brand and I am still shocked at how young he is. Whatever happens I don't think he will be short on work.