Jarrett has spoken: Global Force Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jeff Jarrett has announced his new promotion, Global Force Wrestling via SB Nation. Below is their logo:

Jarrett issued a mission statement:

"[WWE] have built a brand over the last 50, 60 years. And truly, [WrestleMania] weekend is the perfect example of just how global their brand is. Professional wrestling has been around since the advent of television. There is definitely room, space for a brand new promotion to come on the scene. And we're going to put out the very best product that we can. Our mission statement is going to be, right at the very top, that we are going to put out a professional wrestling product that listens to the fans, engages the fans. We are going to immerse ourselves with the wrestling fan and that is going to be first and foremost."

Below is the full press release:

JARRETTS UNVEIL NEW WRESTLING PROMOTION: JOIN THE FORCE!

NASHVILLE -- After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing ... IT IS HERE!

Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.

"Because of new media, new technology and more 'in-tune' fans than we've ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s," Jeff Jarrett said. "What we're going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they've never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for."

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

"Jeff was born into this business," Karen Jarrett said. "It's his life's passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that."

Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.

"The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.

Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...n-global-force-wrestling/#FpAmRyelQy4lJA0r.99

Reactions: Rogue

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Terrible logo and name. Sounds very ambitious.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
That logo looks straight out of the early 90s.

0f1656a9de5fb011d71215b88b61a615.jpg

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Hm, I kinda dig the name. The logo is eh, but waddaya gonna do. It's talent and booking that matter. Why can't we all see how it plays out eventually? Sure, it's Jeff Jarrett, but he deserves a fair shot, IMO.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I ain't passing judgment until I have seen at least a month of product.

Reactions: Bort

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Who is lol? I just commented on the logo.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, honestly, I don't see this as achieving that much success. I see it being just another indy fed (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't think it will break out of the pack).

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
It has a chance, but I need to know the talent that will be on the roster before I can make actual judgment, as well as seeing how the matches will play out/style of matches.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Another Shitty Name, what happened to when Championship or World was mentioned in a fucking wrestling name?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for this.

Ed!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.idareyoutoclickthislinkandseewhathappens.com
Not a major Jarrett fan, but I'll give him 3 months to prove himself and see if he panders to the wrestling fans with good talent, well booked storylines and matches. I think it isn't that hard to better the WWE Product, and we know there are some major talent out there on the indy circuit he can snap up and use

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Name is okay.

I know plenty of GFX guys that can make a way better logo than that......