James Storm and Robert Roode

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Did both James Storm and Robert Roode deserve the world title? One/Both??? This a new day for Impact Wrestling?

Personally i like Roode a bit more than James Storm, however i'm not sure if either of these guys are ready to lead Impact wrestling based on the build to Bound for Glory. Realistically speaking there is a reason why Robert Roode did not win at Bound for Glory, and giving the belt to storm, only to have him drop it back to Roode just seems like a lack of direction and confidence on Impact wrestlings behalf. I think Roode has all the tools to be a good world champ one day, i just wonder if TNA could have done a little more to build him up.

I also have to wonder if Crimson would have been a better choice, soley based on the build up alone. I think it would have been a good storyline, where Crimson was dominating the BFG series, than Angle takes him out of action for a month, however Crimson comes back a little early, and ends up winning the title shot. Would have made better build imo, rather than sticking Roode in the ring with Angle. I don't know if Crimson has the tools to carry the torch, but from what i've seen thus far, i kinda like the guy.

Realistically to rewrite history, you would have to go a ways back, but TNA has made some interesting moves.

What do you think?

noumenon

Reaction score
Of course they deserve it. Who else deserves it more than them? Some couldn't cut it ex-WWE guys? Some 40 plus washed up ex-WWE has beens? Storm and Roode have been just about the only entertaining and semi-original thing in TNA for quite some time. I always loved Beer Money, they did a great job with the tag team and got crazy over. I even said a year or so ago that I saw something in Storm and he could perhaps be something more than a tag team wrestler. Both of these guys deserve to be where they're at. It's a nice personal feud and could give these guys a nice chance to develop as a top heel and face respectively.

Reaction score
I truly believe both guys will make better champions than A.J and as far as the TNA championship goes, they deserve as much as anyone that has held that belt. I prefer Storm to Rude and think they could make something of him that they only had very briefly with Joe as far as homegrown talent goes. Could be a fun feud. I hope we've seen the last of Angle in TNA as he always seems to be a thrown wrench into the title scene because he's Kurt Angle, hope that Sting, Hogan, RVD and Anderson are never champions again or in Hogan's case never in a title match. I wouldn't mind Ric Flair making a run at the title in slight rehash- collaboration of his Triple H title match and retirement angle. I think if done right, it gives them a compelling storyline and it could generate them some ppv buys. And I'm sold on the idea that Bubba deserves a run, he's been the best heel in that company for the last year and has been pretty reliable in the ring. A main event scene of Storm, Roode, a somehow salvaged Joe, Bubba, Hardy (you know they're gonna push him anyway), Crimson (since they are gonna push him anyway) Jarrett (he has been very good in his role this past year and he is as much TNA as any homegrown), with AJ, Abyss, the blasts from the past and maybe Daniels filling space would be pretty good and show dedication to the future of the company.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Bit of a pisser seeing Storm drop it already cos he was far more enjoyable on the run up to BFG (and since)... Should be a fun fued now it's rollin' though and I think both guys have earned their crack at the top (of TNA).

As for the future... Can't argue with what Enzo said above.

They need to make sure Aries is on TV every week too cos it's obvious the X-Div 'push' earlier this year was simply about the build for Destination X.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I think they just let 'em both have a title reign just as a "hey, remember that time we let you become a world champion?" .... for whenever there's some disagreement or whatever between the dudes and the company.

Roode probably should have won it earlier.... idk, I don't like 'these' type of title wins.
The whole half assed/no support or long term thought put into it type of title reigns. Just doesn't feel like a True idk.... weird, can't describe it. whatever. blah!