Jake Having A Hiisy Fit About Roman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think it’s fine for now. They’re building him to be a major hateable heel. He doesn’t seem too unstoppable just yet. To overcome Jey, he had to use a low blow and nearly kill him.

To beat Drew, he had to have Jey, spear him through a barricade and again, and low blow him.

It’s not to say WWE won’t be stupid and literally let him win and make everyone look like shit, but I think it’s part of building his badass persona: dominance, as good as he says he is, and insane.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think it’s fine for now. They’re building him to be a major hateable heel. He doesn’t seem too unstoppable just yet. To overcome Jey, he had to use a low blow and nearly kill him.

To beat Drew, he had to have Jey, spear him through a barricade and again, and low blow him.

It’s not to say WWE won’t be stupid and literally let him win and make everyone look like shit, but I think it’s part of building his badass persona: dominance, as good as he says he is, and insane.

LOL yeah you guys are probably right. I dunno. He just needs a credible opponent, like Drew was. KO definitely is not that man. We know he is not going to win.

The build could be worth it if it ends up being Brock or The Rock. Even though the Rock would probably willingly job to Roman. Lesnar would be a better choice as Lesnar has beaten Roman several times.

Or maybe someone we don't expect. But there has to be something

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
LOL yeah you guys are probably right. I dunno. He just needs a credible opponent, like Drew was. KO definitely is not that man. We know he is not going to win.

The build could be worth it if it ends up being Brock or The Rock. Even though the Rock would probably willingly job to Roman. Lesnar would be a better choice as Lesnar has beaten Roman several times.

Or maybe someone we don't expect. But there has to be something
Lol I get it man. I’m loving it for now, but RN your point, if they keep it up at this level too much, I’ll be annoyed. That’s kind of what kept happening with brock. They caught wind and at least made it interesting when he fought guys like Joe, Braun, and AJ Styles.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
lol I changed the name of the thread

Redboy123@

Reaction score
What is WWE doing wrong? Lots of things but when it comes to Roman, I don't see much wrong with what they got. Roman has a well defined character accompanied with intriguing drama with his cousin and Heyman.

So far Roman hasn't been beaten and is being booked strongly. I think that's absolutely what they should do. Why make a huge star returning with a new heel character be booked to look weak? He is back and is being a dick heel who has clear motivations.

I think you got to build him up to be a huge force for a long period of time so it will be huge for the babyface who eventually wins the title. It's just the case of having a monster heel as your champion.

I do understand that a wrestling match with an obvious winner can be very boring and can ruin the match. But just look at AEW. If you tell a good story, a strong build and two great wrestlers then you can put on a great match despite knowing who the winner will be. I think they have that with Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns at TLC.

But if Roman is going to be dominant (if he is the champ then he definitely should be) for a long time then I can see that it could annoy the fans. But it is still early days. Roman only won the title a few months ago. I think let wwe tell a story for once. I'm fed up with 50/50 booking and hot potato world titles. This actually really refreshing for me.

Completely possible that Roman drops the title at Mania and if that's the case then can you complain that they are booking him so strong early on in his reign? But I guess if you think he is going to go on longer with no babyface getting over then I can see your point. Still early days for me though.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
lol poor killer cat is getting from all angles now, even Red.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
What is WWE doing wrong? Lots of things but when it comes to Roman, I don't see much wrong with what they got. Roman has a well defined character accompanied with intriguing drama with his cousin and Heyman.

So far Roman hasn't been beaten and is being booked strongly. I think that's absolutely what they should do. Why make a huge star returning with a new heel character be booked to look weak? He is back and is being a dick heel who has clear motivations.

I think you got to build him up to be a huge force for a long period of time so it will be huge for the babyface who eventually wins the title. It's just the case of having a monster heel as your champion.

I do understand that a wrestling match with an obvious winner can be very boring and can ruin the match. But just look at AEW. If you tell a good story, a strong build and two great wrestlers then you can put on a great match despite knowing who the winner will be. I think they have that with Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns at TLC.

But if Roman is going to be dominant (if he is the champ then he definitely should be) for a long time then I can see that it could annoy the fans. But it is still early days. Roman only won the title a few months ago. I think let wwe tell a story for once. I'm fed up with 50/50 booking and hot potato world titles. This actually really refreshing for me.

Completely possible that Roman drops the title at Mania and if that's the case then can you complain that they are booking him so strong early on in his reign? But I guess if you think he is going to go on longer with no babyface getting over then I can see your point. Still early days for me though.

I think I clearly explained in later posts that I was simply having a hissy fit and confirmed that WWE is not using him wrong because this is the exact reaction they are wanting.

I admitted they are doing the right thing because it works.

Redboy123@

Reaction score

He ain't beating KO clean at TLC imo. Gonna have Jey Uso get involved. Maybe even a returning Jimmy. Great way for him to return tbf

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
He ain't beating KO clean at TLC imo. Gonna have Jey Uso get involved. Maybe even a returning Jimmy. Great way for him to return tbf

In a TLC match, that would be clean.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
True but getting your henchmen to do your dirty work and help you win a TLC match is still a bitch move. No shame in KO losing under those circumstances

True, True. If he only beats KO with help, I think that will satisfy me for now. It will absolutely give KO a bit of a boost in credibility... not that I think he needs it but at this point nearly everyone needs it against Roman.