IWF is boring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

Reaction score
Definitely worth it imo.

In Chicago, they are going to run something close to the Red Box, for video games, this summer. It's a test run to see how sales go. A game rental I read would cost about $2-3 for 5 days, then when it goes over a day or two late, you get charged $1, similar to Red Box.

Wordlife

Reaction score
Oh they changed it?

I read about it back in March, so I didn't know if they were upping or lowering the prices, scrapping the idea, etc.

To me, it sounds like it could be worth it. Maybe for a few nights, could be good, equals to about the same price as Blockbuster rentals cost to in the end anyways.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Since I tend to get bored with games now anyway, a couple days is alright for me. And if I like the game, I can just rent it one day, then go and buy it. I'd rather do that then pay 60 bucks for a game that ends up being shit.

The good thing for me though is that we have a red box machine on the inside of Wal Mart. And I take my 1st break at 12am. So right when 12 hits I can get the new stuff Tuesday morning before anyone else.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I download the demo's off PSN & Live to try them. Blockbuster here sucks plus renting is too expensive. But I don't know if things like Gamefly are available in Canada.

As for new games, I'm getting Red Dead Redemption tomorrow, and I am getting a free copy of Mod Nation Racer. Sony is actually giving ever employee of Gamestop/EB Canada a free copy as long as they participate in a tournament (which pretty much ever employee is doing) and Sony is holding a simalar tournament for all customers of Mod Nation Racer.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Can't buy games like I use to. New PS2 games were 20 bucks. I could buy alot of those at one time. PS3 is fuckin $60. I'm skeptical with getting games now. Especially if I don't know what they are. If it sucks, I wasted 60 bucks.

I had the gamepass (unlimited game rental from Blockbuster for $30 a month) but got rid of it because I have played just about every game they have, and it's not like they have a gigantic collection, either. I also don't have much time for games because of work.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Blockbusters are closing down down here. Everyone I know uses netflix for movies and Gamefly for movies

JBonez - Gamefly is when you rent games and they send them to you. Just like netflix, you can't get more games until you mail the ones you already have back. Prices are decent to:

1 Game Out - $16/month
2 Games Out - $23/month
3 Games Out - $30/month (need to have an account for 60 days first)
4 Games Out - $47/month (need to have an account for 60 days first)

Mind you that the amount of games you can order and preorder are unlimited. The price depends on which plan you chose.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I use GameFly, it's really worth it since you seem to be like me and get bored of games pretty easily. Renting at places like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video gets pretty pricey. We used to have a few smaller, less expensive mom and pop video rental places but they all went under. Now I usually just get everything off GameFly, or I buy used games at Gamestop and return them when I beat them and know I am not going to play them again, as long as it's within the 7 day return policy (or however long it is I cant remember off top).

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Blockbusters are closing down down here. Everyone I know uses netflix for movies and Gamefly for movies

JBonez - Gamefly is when you rent games and they send them to you. Just like netflix, you can't get more games until you mail the ones you already have back. Prices are decent to:

1 Game Out - $16/month
2 Games Out - $23/month

Mind you that the amount of games you can order and preorder are unlimited. The price depends on which plan you chose.

Wow, really? Holy fuck, never thought I would hear of Blockbuster Video stores closing down but I guess it's not much of a surprise, considering their prices are fucking ridiculous.Not sure about their movies because I don't rent my movies but games are fucking $10. That's Blue. I remember when games were $3 for like a week rental.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Blockbusters have been closing up here in Canada too LHR. I was reading an artical about there finacial situation. They have lost money every year overall for the last 6 years. The artical talks about how all Blockbuster has managed to do when they have come up with these new ideas is slow down the bleeding, but they haven't stopped it. They predict that if no one buys them out, or if they don't pull a profit this year, they will go compeletely belly up.

Kizza

Reaction score
I fucking hate TG for getting games for free :D

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

1 Game Out - $16/month
2 Games Out - $23/month

That's pretty sweet. I may start doing that. At least until the Red Box here starts having games in them.

Wow, really? Holy fuck, never thought I would hear of Blockbuster Video stores closing down but I guess it's not much of a surprise, considering their prices are fucking ridiculous.Not sure about their movies because I don't rent my movies but games are fucking $10. That's Blue. I remember when games were $3 for like a week rental.

I had a feeling Blockbuster would start losing money soon. They have Net Flix and the Red Box taking there movie sells away. Then for games, GameStop is doing nothing but expanding, that Game Fly thing MizMasta was talking about, and Red Box is starting to sell games. Blockbuster will soon be no more.