IWF Book Club

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I'd definatley do this. Here are some nice reads that would be awesome to discuss.

Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

The whole Angels, and Demons, Deceptions Point, Digital Fortrest, and Davinchi Code series by Dan Brown

Crank, and Glass by Ellen Hopkins

Thats really all that I'd believe would appeal to the members on the site. I doubt anyone will enjoy The Lightening Theif which is an awesome, and entertaining book, but I doubt we will be discussing it.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I would join, but I'm not a fast reader and I really only read on my lunch break at work, so it would take me longer than 2 weeks to read a book. I may try though.

On a book side note, you don't need to read it now, but everyone needs a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide....just in case.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I'm definitely in for this. Since I doubt that MS's style of reading extends to corny westerns and cheesy romance novels, anything other than that and we are good to go. When you want to start Monkey?

- edit: MS I read a book recently called Obedience by Will Lavender, which I think you may find interesting if you ever get a chance and are lacking in ideas for reading material.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Yeah I would definitely in for this, but I definitely don;t like reading any Horror books-_-

Montana

confused and surprised as to the amount of people interested. Good idea, however not for everyone. Myself personally, has never been into reading for pleasure or entertainment. Growing up i was too busy with school, and now that im out, i still find myself busy with other activities. I'll check out the news online, and online articles, but i thought books were a thing of the past. (at least for guys, i know a lot of females like to read)

Not knocking it, just surprised.

PeepShow

confused and surprised as to the amount of people interested. Good idea, however not for everyone. Myself personally, has never been into reading for pleasure or entertainment. Growing up i was too busy with school, and now that im out, i still find myself busy with other activities. I'll check out the news online, and online articles, but i thought books were a thing of the past. (at least for guys, i know a lot of females like to read)

Not knocking it, just surprised.

Pretty much the same.

The only thing I ever read is either Sports Illustrated or other magazines that interest me, or excerpts from online articles that also interest me. To read a full fledged book is not even in question. I just always use sparknotes. :eek:

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I seriously read probably at least two hours a day. Not bragging but I also read very quickly. 3 hours is long enough for me to knock off a 300 page book no problem.

Sometimes though on a rare occasion I'll sit down for like six hours and read.

I finished the unabridged version of the Stand in like 2 days at one point.

I read the Harry Potter books (stfu) I think I went through the seven books in eight days.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Though I do have the first book in mind. Credit to Haywood for giving me the idea.

1chiban

Reaction score
I think something like this could work, but perhaps in a different format.

If we do it wrestling related, perhaps all listen to a certain wrestling podcast each week and give oru thoughts on the show - its format, discussion quality, a comment on any possible bias etcetera?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I have to be honest. The only reason I would include wrestling books in this at all is as a sop to some of the other posters here.

1chiban

Reaction score
Would be interesting to do it with proper books as it were must be said. I'm not a Harry Potter fan myself so fantasy stuff would be off my agenda lol.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I only read the Potter books as they were suggested to me.

They were a decent story however I felt she was a very poor writer.

Montana

I seriously read probably at least two hours a day. Not bragging but I also read very quickly. 3 hours is long enough for me to knock off a 300 page book no problem.

Sometimes though on a rare occasion I'll sit down for like six hours and read.

I finished the unabridged version of the Stand in like 2 days at one point.

I read the Harry Potter books (stfu) I think I went through the seven books in eight days.

Wow, are you currently employed? I only work about 45 hours a week now, and it seems the only time i have free is the weekends. Im sure if i did win the lotto i'd pick up some books, but its just hard to fit it into todays lifestyle, my opinion.

Evil Austin

There was a time where I did read alot I read the first two harry potter books in about a day and a half about a year ago. But then I dunno BTBing and other things grabbed my interest and took up my reading time.

edit - a little fact for you people, did you know out of all the money she made from the harry potter books and movies and royalties and etc.. she is not only the richest person in england but it also includes the queen herself.