It's Official: Barack Obama 44th President

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

I can tell you a few reasons why black people voted for him.

- They feel that Barack Obama is going to live up to his word and make a change in America (whatever that is).

- They feel that Obama can help the U.S. in this recession.

- Obama said that he would bring back the troops and stop the war in Iraq.

- Clean up whatever Bush messed up.

1. But doesn't every politican promise change? Yes, the only reason why this was more mainstream than other candidates was becuase he was a different color.

2. I pray to God that Obama is going to help the U.S. through this recession.

3. That's where you're wrong. He's said that he's not bringing them home, he's taking the troops that were in Iraq, and moving them to Afghanistan.

4. There aren't really many Bush mistakes. There's only one "mistake", and people say he's the worst President becuase of this...the War in Iraq. If you're the President, and you have reason to believe that there are nuclear weapons in Iraq that could possibly be used to destroy Washington, NYC, LA, Chicago, etc., you're going to go into action and not let them jsut nuke us. Turns out, we didn't find any WMD's, but I still think Bush made the right decision by going into there in the first place, but I don't completely agree with STAYING in Iraq, I like how they're now a free nation, but it comes at a price. And if someone says something about Bush killing the economy...you can either blame Bush 1 or Clinton, becuase the economy hasn't been very good since the early 90's.

I hate the bandwagon people that voted for Obama becuase he is black. I was hoping McCain would win because Obama's "spread the wealth" bullshit would only cause people to sit on their ass and not work, and expect a cheque from the government. He also isn't "The First Black President", he's more white than he is black. He's the first "Oreo" (as some people call it) President ever. And as someone else has said, this won't change the way that people look at blacks, becuase they've been treated equally for a very long time, and this won't change anything. Good for Obama, I hope he doesn't get assassinated, but I have a bad feeling that he will becuase there's tons of people who hate him for the color of his skin, and that's unfortunate.

Reaction score
One thing I wanted to add personally:

He's not going to bring the troops home from Iraq. How do I know this?

I'm deploying real soon for my 2nd tour to Iraq. We're there until 2011. Like it or not, "I'm gonna bring the troops home from Iraq and end the war in my first year" was a bullshit campaign promise, believed by a nation of suckers and international delusionals in every country.

Reaction score
^On a side note, does that mean you'll be leaving the forum?:(

Nahh, I plan on posting when possible. I'm pretty sure the Pentagon has the Internet situation in Iraq ironed out pretty good and there's better access than there was the first time I was there. So no, I don't plan on leaving the forums.

okay, done with thread hijack, back to NObama's inevitable failure..

Vandy316

Reaction score
No, our president is not black. he is bi-racial. Half white - half black. Its still history but he is not our first black president. i hope he does well though despite his race. i probably wouldve voted for him if i couldve.

J

Nahh, I plan on posting when possible. I'm pretty sure the Pentagon has the Internet situation in Iraq ironed out pretty good and there's better access than there was the first time I was there. So no, I don't plan on leaving the forums.

okay, done with thread hijack, back to NObama's inevitable failure..

Yo man stay safe you seem cool (Even though we don't see alike politacly) and about the internet you should be set. My friends there right now and he says the net is pretty good so you should be able to still post. =]

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
The war in the Middle East will not be over for AT LEAST another 5 more years, and thats for obvious reasons. The Iraqi people need us there to keep there government moving in the right direction. If we were to leave, Al-Qaeda would invade and we would be back to were we started. There government nor there people are ready to be on there own.

As for Afghanistan, I highly doubt we will be out of there until it is CONFIRMED Osama is gone. Also There are still many members of Al-Qaeda there.

This brings me to Pakistan and Iran

Pakistan is a terriost apartment complex right now, there last leader (forget the name) was a complete fraud/tyrant who ran the country under his own rules and did whatever he could to make money for himself. Thus letting in many members of Al-Qaeda, many also believe that this is were Osama is, War there=Imminent in my mind

Iran has one thing America fears, Nuclear Weapons, and another threat, two leaders who absoloutly hate us and already threatened us. Also there is a new radical group there (like the Taliban or Al-Qaeda) that most people did not hear of. There called the Mullahs, and they are 2x times more of a threat to our troops than these little suicide bombers/car bombers. If we head to Iran, which is very possible, expect there to MANY more American casualties.

Now to Obama, he is underqualified,and a damn fraud of a person, and after all the things I just listed, how the HELL do you expect a man of what 35 to handle this shit correctly, bottom line is things are goona get worse before they get better, mark my words

C4

I was quite surprised to hear his name being said as Barack Hussien Obama in the Inaugural Ceremony oath.

Evil Austin

The war in the Middle East will not be over for AT LEAST another 5 more years, and thats for obvious reasons. The Iraqi people need us there to keep there government moving in the right direction. If we were to leave, Al-Qaeda would invade and we would be back to were we started. There government nor there people are ready to be on there own.

As for Afghanistan, I highly doubt we will be out of there until it is CONFIRMED Osama is gone. Also There are still many members of Al-Qaeda there.

Please I don't want to get into it now but with your estimates you are way way off with five years. And trust me I live about 1.5 Hour from the war sites.

For Obvious reasons Iraqi people need the us there to keep the Government moving in the right direction? Wait, you want to help their government and move them into a more humane direction? I have no idea what you want from that statement because the next one contradicts it.

But still trust me you are way off with your quote right there.

Edit - Just so you know. There are 4 Israeli killings in the war so far. Three of them were form us and they were a tank mistake were we hit a biulding were three of our guys didnt have enough time to escape. That shows how good they are in this time they only killed one person.
While we killed more than 65. And that doesn't include civilians.

Now to Obama, he is underqualified,and a damn fraud of a person, and after all the things I just listed, how the HELL do you expect a man of what 35 to handle this shit correctly, bottom line is things are goona get worse before they get better, mark my words

Agree 100% :y:

C4

The war in the Middle East will not be over for AT LEAST another 5 more years, and thats for obvious reasons. The Iraqi people need us there to keep there government moving in the right direction.

How can you so confidently say that it won't be over for another five years or something? It can end the next minute, the next hour, the next week or next month but it definitely won't last that long specially with Barack Obama in the office.

Pakistan is a terriost apartment complex right now, there last leader (forget the name) was a complete fraud/tyrant who ran the country under his own rules and did whatever he could to make money for himself.

Pervez Musharraf was his name. And he wasn't a fraud. The only fraud is the current leader of Pakistan who killed his own wife to get 'his' presidential seat, Asif Ali Zardari.

Lets just wait and watch.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I voted for him but i think its hilarious that people act like hes a savior. And when i see people crying over a president it makes me laugh give me a break.

Reaction score
How can you so confidently say that it won't be over for another five years or something? It can end the next minute, the next hour, the next week or next month but it definitely won't last that long specially with Barack Obama in the office.

That's exactly the kind of delusional thinking I'd expect from an Obama "Believer". Obama's "I'm a nice guy but I have the same approach the Clintons did" won't end the war(s), dude. It's an ideological struggle, one that encompasses ethnicities and entire religions. It won't be over soon. When we leave, power vacuums are abound.

I'll laugh when his solution is in the form of Foreign Aid, courtesy of your tax dollars and mine(basically pulling a Jimmy Carter. See: Camp David Accords) We'll see how popular the "Obamessiah" is then.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I just wanna know what you people who won't it to end will do if we pull our troops then the next week there is a big attack on the US from them. I say we fight until they are all free over in the middle east from there leaders because damnit I don't wanna have to see another day like 9-11 again.