It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Excited, even though to me the show hasn't been as good lately.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Watching these first two episodes of the new season now. Not really a spoiler I feel, but I have to reiterate once again that it is disappointing how much of the spirit of the show seems to be gone. And frankly, I feel that the last few seasons have just felt very rushed and kinda lazy. Having said all of that, it's still a fine show and I'll give more specific thoughts on the episodes when I've finished them.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
First episode was so good, second was
also solid.

Reactions: Vegeta and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I thought both were fine but easily below the quality of most of the rest of the show in my mind.

The only thing I really cared much for in the first episode was Mac's face getting progressively more fucked up, although even that was a little off for me, because it felt more like a Dee bit. The revelation of Charlie's apartment being much bigger than anyone knew was kinda cool though.

I preferred the second episode, but once again, I just feel like the set-up to everything was very clunky and unconvincing. The gang never really needed much of a strong basis for any of their schemes but these days it seems like they just fly into whatever the scheme is with such little basis, which is why I say I feel like the newer episodes always seem rushed, both in the writing process and in the performances sometimes. The highlight was definitely Mac meeting his uncle, that scene was great. The reveal of Charlie's sisters who haven't been mentioned at all since like the first season, was a pretty big letdown, considering they supposedly only did that story for the fans who remembered that they mentioned Charlie's sisters that one time. :lol And in the end, the episode just closed on such a flat note for me. Based on the title of the episode, I definitely hoped for something better.

Edit: I also feel like they spend too much time these days explaining what's happening in society, when back in the day they'd just give some radically uninformed takes and roll with that. Also it seems like the side characters at this point are bigger pieces of shit than the main characters, taking Charlie's sisters as an example. I feel like the essence of main characters has been diluted so much at this point.

I don't enjoy being so critical of this show but that's just my takeaways.:lol I think there will for sure be better episodes to come this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
the small but absurd setups as to why they get in these predicaments are what make the show work for me a lot of the time so I can understand this criticism well

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
So as to not be a complete downer, I did think last season was the best of the last 3 seasons, and honestly the Roller Rink and Ireland episodes may become classics for me, so I do feel they can still deliver good shit, but these first 2 episodes just didn't click how I'd like.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I thought the first episode was super funny with Mac continuing to eat the nuts despite him being allergic. Second episode was pretty good too, overall I enjoyed both.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
New episode had a few laughs for me but overall felt very thrown together. Uncle Jack not being utilized better was very disappointing and the Rhea Perlman cameo was a total miss for me not being at all involved with Danny.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Funny enough, this third episode was my favorite :lol I agree with the disappointment about the utilization of Uncle Jack and Rhea Perlman though. I liked the story a lot though and it felt a lot more... idk, justified maybe (?) than the first two, which I thought felt a lot more half-baked. Some great jokes in there. The Chase Utley bit was quite funny as well.

Reactions: Vegeta and Necro

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Funny enough, this third episode was my favorite :lol I agree with the disappointment about the utilization of Uncle Jack and Rhea Perlman though. I liked the story a lot though and it felt a lot more... idk, justified maybe (?) than the first two, which I thought felt a lot more half-baked. Some great jokes in there. The Chase Utley bit was quite funny as well.

Yeah the more I think about it the last episode was pretty solid. The Chase Utley bit had me dying.

Reactions: Hoss

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Forgot to watch last weeks episode, so just finished it and this weeks up. Both pretty solid to me. :heston but damn, poor Frank.

Reactions: Hoss

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Lmao holy crap new episode ruled. Uncle Jack shined. Frank really went through some shit. Dennis was the star of the episode to me though.

Reactions: Hoss and Vegeta

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, Frank vs. Russia was a good one. I was pretty precarious about it in the first minutes but it ended up being a great episode. Frank's performance during the final chess battle was hilarious. I was happy to see the DENNIS System be revived as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta and Necro