Islam and Muslims.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Had to bring this to another thread.

Really, what's the problem with this beautiful religion? I'm no scholar but perhaps I can clear some misconceptions about Islam on this forum.

People these days don't know the truth about Islam. They blindly believe what they see/ read on the internet or television and think that Muslims are extremists, long bearded dumb people. I've debated a lot on this forum about the religion but people just don't try to understand.

You all seriously need to clear your doubts. Ask any questions you want to ask about Islam over here. Go ahead make a few racist jokes, I've always accepted that. But serious questions in here too, please.

-Constantine

Reaction score
Am I to assume you are of this religion?

It's not the people's fault. It's the media for feeding that image to the people. I understand they could choose to look for the truth on their own but lets face it some people just believe what they see.

Reaction score
Oh. And just for some of the most commonly asked questions.

No, you don't get 72 virgins in Heaven, Islam doesn't allow you to rape women slaves and Islam doesn't promote terrorism, it promotes peace and brotherhood.

Reaction score
Am I to assume you are of this religion?

It's not the people's fault. It's the media for feeding that image to the people. I understand they could choose to look for the truth on their own but lets face it some people just believe what they see.

Of course I'm Muslim. Lol. People 'believing' what they see, it honestly pisses me off. People are so illiterate and uneducated and yet they come on and debate about how Islam is idiocy and stupid.

I suggest that you don't listen to the media and don't even listen to Islamic scholars, lots of them are dumb pretenders looking for fast cash who don't know the complete religion themselves. Most speak bullshit.

You know, buying an English copy of the Quran won't hurt. It will just add to your knowledge. Maybe then you'll think twice before starting up a debate about Islam and how bad it treats everyone and shit.

-Constantine

Reaction score
I figured.

It's true but what normal person would go so far as to buying translated copies of anything just to find a realization? Nobody.

We've been led to believe and so that's what most believe. It's just what happens and has always happened and will always happen. It'll never change. The topic that's being misconstrued may, but not the way it happens.

Reaction score
I don't know much about religion, but would you also fast like Christianity does?

Yes, we fast for almost a month in Ramadan, a month in the Islamic calender. Fasting isn't just staying hungry and thirsty for no purpose. We're supposed to stay away from bad things
such as getting angry, swearing, arguing, being rude to other people, gossiping, lying and cheating to name a few.

Reaction score
I don't know much about religion, but would you also fast like Christianity does?

Yes, we fast for almost a month in Ramadan, a month in the Islamic calender. Fasting isn't just staying hungry and thirsty for no purpose. We're supposed to stay away from bad things
such as getting angry, swearing, arguing, being rude to other people, gossiping, lying and cheating to name a few.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm sick of your pathetic attempts at sympathy...

Just stop.

hndsmepete

Reaction score

Maybe someone should tell that to the fundamentalists, they seem to enjoy bombing worshippers during that time.

Here's the real question, Why don't any muslim leaders come out and condemn the terrorists? You never hear them condemning the terrorists loudly in public, more often than not its just a wall of silence. Are they just afraid of being decapitated? I know I would be, but if you are in a position of some religious power its your duty to speak out against those who are perverting it for their own means.

G 3

Reaction score

Christianity as a whole doesn't fast. Only certain denominations like catholicism (the big one).

I'm not say my religion, which is christianity, doesn't have some extreme unnatural weird events, but the whole Muhammad leaving or coming to Earth and heading to Heaven on a rock is a bit iffy for me. Not sure if I got that story down right, just remember something like that in sociology.

Btw, whats in the big black box in Mecca?

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Christianity as a whole doesn't fast. Only certain denominations like catholicism (the big one).

I'm not say my religion, which is christianity, doesn't have some extreme unnatural weird events, but the whole Muhammad leaving or coming to Earth and heading to Heaven on a rock is a bit iffy for me. Not sure if I got that story down right, just remember something like that in sociology.

Btw, whats in the big black box in Mecca?

Catholics as a whole don't fast. The Catholic denomination is split into Roman Catholic & Orthodox Catholic. The Orthodox Catholics fast & do things like they did 2000 years ago. They are very similar to Orthodox Jews in style of dress & how they live. Roman Catholics aren't like that at all. Modern Roman Catholics are much looser with religion & some don't follow Lent or fast.

Reaction score
Zealots can make any religion look bad. History is full of instances where people have done messed up things in the name of religion. Almost every religion has an instance of people killing others in the name of that religion.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Had to bring this to another thread.

Really, what's the problem with this beautiful religion? I'm no scholar but perhaps I can clear some misconceptions about Islam on this forum.

People these days don't know the truth about Islam. They blindly believe what they see/ read on the internet or television and think that Muslims are extremists, long bearded dumb people. I've debated a lot on this forum about the religion but people just don't try to understand.

You all seriously need to clear your doubts. Ask any questions you want to ask about Islam over here. Go ahead make a few racist jokes, I've always accepted that. But serious questions in here too, please.

Most religion is fucking stupid because people are stupid. Look at the dumbass Christians who protest funerals and shit. Wow, really? People are dead and you're gonna show up and protest? The problem is, these few smurfs make the entire religion look bad and bring upon an assumption that all Christians are like this, just like everyone thinks all muslims like to run around with bombs strapped to their chests and blow up random people.

I also rofl at the smurfs who think us athiests worship the devil and are 'going to hell' because we don't believe in God.