Is TNA Dying? and would it affect wrestling business?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marshall1

The Artiste
Reaction score
With these "Cost Cutting" talent releases that have been happening, the rumors of there being late payments to workers, and the almost depressing attendance figures for house shows, it has made me think...are these the last months of TNA?? What do you think?

If TNA does bite the dust, how would it affect the business?? Of course there would be a lot of men & women who would lose their jobs sadly, but thats not what I'm talking about.

My answer....especially if it ended now is that it wouldn't affect that much. Obviously it would take away any chance of having major competition for WWE . it would take away the opportunity for a young guy to get experience in front of semi decent crowds every week & preform on national TV,There proper stars: Roode, Styles, Magnus, Storm and maybe Bully & Joe would go to WWE, and hopefully get a proper shot at being big stars. In the big picture though nothing would change. Impact wasn't even beating WWE Main Event's ratings, so they weren't a threat..at all.

If TNA were to die today, it's legacy would be the company that had all the potential in the world...but were too lazy & or scared to do anything with it.

How would it affect the biz in your eyes??

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I think it would give WWE the chance to have a proper brand split. If they were to bring over the top talent in TNA, and purge all their dead weight, they could have two shows filled with stars and great action. Then the annual draft would mean so much more and the mid card and tag team scene would also mean something again. The question is would WWE has the brains to do it that way, who knows?

Reactions: akapablo_

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Those who wouldn't go to WWE would likely go to ROH. I could see ROH jump on the chance since they seem to be on the upswing (better TV ratings than earlier, expanding market, Sinclair pushing more money into it as Sinclair advances on a national scale). I could see sinclair going national and getting ROH out to more households.

The theoretical death of TNA would not have too big an impact on American wrestling, because TNA's impact on American wrestling sadly isn't as big as WCW or ECW.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
TNA isn't dying lol. Wait until Gohan sees this thread

Reactions: Testify

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah, the company is most likely not doing as well as expected but it isn't dying. The ship isn't sinking but it has most likely hit a reef if that metaphor makes sense.

They'll need some organizational restructuring and possibly a new business model to make some extra money.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't think TNA is dying, but if they did tbh it wouldn't have that much of an impact. Possibly a few new guys on WWE, I guess I'd start watching ROH full time and they'd have some TNA guys there but other than that not much would change.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
The company isn't dying, but they want to keep on the road and that's why they're releasing so many stars. It really sucks because they had a lot of potential. I think they should go back to the Impact Zone a bit more because a lot of people is disappointed with this releases. That way they won't need to release anyone else.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Isnt dying yet but I believe it may eventually, They are making stupid decisions and releasing talented people, Plus they arent doing well getting the product out in the world as Europe couldnt (Not sure if they can now) watch their stuff live for years, I think Spain can watch it now.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Isnt dying yet but I believe it may eventually, They are making stupid decisions and releasing talented people, Plus they arent doing well getting the product out in the world as Europe couldnt (Not sure if they can now) watch their stuff live for years, I think Spain can watch it now.
I don't think so. Spain can't even watch WWE live. Well, I don't know if they can but I don't think so.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I don't think so. Spain can't even watch WWE live. Well, I don't know if they can but I don't think so.

Im sure Spain can watch WWE Live mate :pity:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I know they can watch WWE PPVs live. I don't think they can watch Raw and SD! live...

Jonthan and Rodrgio already told you they can.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I still don't understand the resigning of Taz after all that has happened.
It isn't dying, if they're releasing talent, they're thinking ahead.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
TNA won't die. But maybe they can become a smaller but a better promotion. I can see that if this financial problems will continue they can stop working with guys like Hogan, Sting and maybe Angle. That can be great because TNA was about young stars. TNA was about face paced X Division. I was watching 2006 PPvs. Yeah JJ had his ego running all over the company like crazy but there was lots of great wrestlers. Lethal at is 20, Shelley at his 24. And now all we see is Hardy/Angle/Chavo/Hogan/Sting. Only Angle makes me interested. Guys like Joe, Roode, AJ, Daniels, Kazarian is TNA and they can carry TNA without Hogan.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
loldying

10 people have been fired, and while many of those 10 were wrong ones fired, it still means squat compared to the 45+ people roster.

It's just restructuring and budget cuts going on, nothing serious IMO. New and cheaper people will get hired (as far as Creative team goes), and hell - they might be beter than Bruce and D'Lo.