Is there an actor you felt was cast wrong?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Pretty much as the title says, have you watched a movie or TV show and felt that someone else could have done the role better?

An example just from the top of my head is Rampage Jackson as BA Baracus in the A - team movie. I felt the rest of the characters were cast well but that one. Hell Mr. T wanted to reprise the role why not let him do it. I can't think of a better person who could have filled in that role better than the man himself.

So who do you think should have been cast better.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Pretty much as the title says, have you watched a movie or TV show and felt that someone else could have done the role better?

An example just from the top of my head is Rampage Jackson as BA Baracus in the A - team movie. I felt the rest of the characters were cast well but that one. Hell Mr. T wanted to reprise the role why not let him do it. I can't think of a better person who could have filled in that role better than the man himself.

So who do you think should have been cast better.
I actually didn't mind Rampage that much in The A-Team but he clearly can't act to save his life. Then again, neither could Mr. T so perhaps that's why I didn't see that much of a drop-off from the character. :lol: As for why they didn't use T, I'm going to go with a combination of his age and the producers trying to distance themselves from the original show.

The first one I thought of was Leonardo DiCaprio as Dom Cobb in Inception. I think he's a fine actor but he just seems out of place in that movie, doesn't come across as a man who could have fathered two children (I think its the babyface) and the scene where he's crying after his wife jumps from the window is horrible acting 101. I would have rather seen a more stoic actor play the role, perhaps even Nolan's buddy Christian Bale.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Another one I thought of is Colin Farrell in Alexander I tight just have been the bad wig he wore.

Reactions: 1 person

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Umm Hayden Christianson as Anakin

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Another one I thought of is Colin Farrell in Alexander I tight just have been the bad wig he wore.

I don't think it was the wig, he just really stunk in the role but then the whole movie was a mess so it wasn't entirely his fault.

How about Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin? I mean, I know the movie as a whole was brutal, but Arnold was just so out of his league as that character. The potential was there to really do something good with a more tragic villain and instead it was basically played up for laughs. How about a more serious actor like Willem Dafoe taking on the role? On the subject of Batman films, Tommy Lee Jones was pretty bad as Two-Face, although again that wasn't entirely his fault. That's another character that shouldn't have been so theatrically over the top and honestly, Jones could have nailed the proper version, but instead the director shit the bed and went for those laughs again. In that sense, I don't think Jones was mis-cast, but the character was certainly written poorly.

One more that I just thought of while writing the above was the all-time worst mis-casting of John Wayne as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror. :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
How about george clooney at batman? :lol:

Batman and Robin just was horrible in general.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Tyler Perry in Alex Cross.

Just too wooden for the role. It doesn't help that Matthew Fox makes him look even shittier with his performance.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Maggie Gillenhal in Dark Knight no matter how good an actress you are you can't act like an 8 when your a 3

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Maggie Gillenhal in Dark Knight no matter how good an actress you are you can't act like an 8 when your a 3

Damn, Booty is not a fan of the Haal at all

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
C'mon Dent and Wayne are fighting over her like she's scarjo when she's more like flo jo

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Oh I'm not arguing the point, I just find it amusing :lol:

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
The entire cast of Home Alone Four. Seriously, you can't have anyone else play Kevin McCallister man! Also only the Simpsons can pull off the, stuck in the time warp deal.

Joey

Reaction score

Agreed, I think Jolie might have been able to fit the mold

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Agreed, I think Jolie might have been able to fit the mold
Except she wouldn't have fit the part either. Rachel isn't supposed to be some smoking hot model type, she's supposed to be a relatively normal looking woman. This is why the character worked when Katie Holmes played her. Unfortunately Maggie looks like a horse, so even though she's a good actress and did a decent job with her delivery/dialogue she couldn't overcome her own physical limitations. I'd have probably cast someone like Jennifer Connelly; way more attractive than Maggie G and a strong actress to boot.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I feel she's more droopy dog then horse but either way she was miscast. Connelly is a good shout. Amy Adams or Claire Danes would have been better as well.