Is there a point to the great Khali

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sex&violence

Reaction score
I think Snitsky is a useful mid card wrestler, who could have some good fueds and job to some pushed mid carders, and must more use than people keep saying.

There is only one word t describe Khali in the context of WWE and thats useless

Reaction score
he's not that useless if they know how to use him,he would be pretty useful for example in a stable like the ones in the 90s heenan stable cornette stable or even an nwo like group.to me big show was at his most useful when he was a member of nwo or the ministry.on his own paul wight seemed a bit lost.a man of kahli's size can be used in a lot of storylines but i can understand the doubts of some members as to his push for the world title.

3lions

Reaction score
I don't rate Snitsky, never have and never will. I never liked his 'it wasn't my fault' gimmick either, although there were funny moments. The Great Khali on the other hand, is a great heel, purely for the fact that everyone hates him becuase he is so shit. He got over and remains over, for that reason and that he can destroy anyone put in his path with a chop or chokedrop. Obviously he has limited wrestling ability, but his unique appearance ensures he has a place on the roster, which nobody else can rival.

Also, like Chuck said, he still has a few 'big jobs' to do before his time in WWE is over. Rey would be the ultimate job (due to the contrast in size), as well as Batista (at the GAB).

Reaction score
Its funny that people say the Great Khali is awful yet everyone rates Andre the Giant as one of the all time greats. Andre had a move set as long as Khalis and was just as poor in the ring. So whats the difference. I personally loved Andre and dont mind Khali as I accept him for what he is. A spectacle.
A freak show really.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Its funny that people say the Great Khali is awful yet everyone rates Andre the Giant as one of the all time greats. Andre had a move set as long as Khalis and was just as poor in the ring. So whats the difference. I personally loved Andre and dont mind Khali as I accept him for what he is. A spectacle.
A freak show really.

I couldn't say it better myself.

Haight

Reaction score
That might be the perfect of example of how time changes things. Back in the day it seems a wrestler could be top billed for their size alone. Now, as evidenced with Khali,it takes alot more to get the fans excited. I personally don't mind Khali...his character is just boring. He needs to be involved with a serious angle. Terrorism for example. If he was the leader of a terrorist cell within the WWE which multiplied with every show, I could probably start to take him a little more seriously. The good news is that he wouldn't have to talk. In fact, it would be better if he didn't. Just as long as he remained a sadistic physical threat to the WWE, that might be interesting to watch.

reaction

Reaction score
That might be the perfect of example of how time changes things. Back in the day it seems a wrestler could be top billed for their size alone. Now, as evidenced with Khali,it takes alot more to get the fans excited. I personally don't mind Khali...his character is just boring. He needs to be involved with a serious angle. Terrorism for example. If he was the leader of a terrorist cell within the WWE which multiplied with every show, I could probably start to take him a little more seriously. The good news is that he wouldn't have to talk. In fact, it would be better if he didn't. Just as long as he remained a sadistic physical threat to the WWE, that might be interesting to watch.

good idea except not terrorism that all just be weird

Reaction score
here's a pic that resumes the impact of kahli on the internet wrestling community:
motivator1751203vn6zb8.jpg

CenaMark54

Khali is the most entertaining wrestler in the WWE right now. Say what you will about his speed and moveset, but his matches are booked just perfectly.

Why would a giant from the Jungles of India need dozens of moves when a simple chop carries more impact than most wrestlers finishers? Fortunately for other wrestlers he is slow. If he had anymore speed he would be completely unstoppable. Bottomline, his gimmick is highly realistic.

He is better on the mic than most wrestlers. I could care less if he speaks a language I don't understand. It serves its purpose. The way he portrays emotions is great. You can just telll how angry he is.

He is a highly marketable figure who comes from a huge potential market. He is a hero and roll model for Indians everywhere.

Khali isn't going anywhere except the top of the food chain.

-TJ-

Khali at this time is as useful as Mark Henry Vince should stop with the big guys and work with something else becuase Big guys with a world championship is boring not entertaining and Vince hasn't relized that yet

MikeRaw

^^^Keyboard doesnt have periods?
Anyways I dont care...It wouldnt make sense if he wasnt WHC seeing as hes the most dominant guy in WWE.Also at least he isnt fighting guys like Eugene and random locals anymore...He looks more credible fighting BatistamKane etc....Too bad Mark Henry couldnt do that..Or retire?

CenaMark54

Khali at this time is as useful as Mark Henry Vince should stop with the big guys and work with something else becuase Big guys with a world championship is boring not entertaining and Vince hasn't relized that yet

Actually, its the little guys who are boring as champions. Noone wants to see a 5'11 200 pound champion. Need proof? Checkout the title reigns on Benoit, Jericho, and Rey. They were all below average. And prior to that, the days when Michaels and Hart ruled the WWE were some of the worse years of wrestling ever.

Big guys draw. Especially big heels. People tune in to see their favorite faces take out giant heel champions. They tune in to see how their face champion with the impressive physique is going to fair agaisnt a heel monster.

They don't tune into see small guys unrealistically hold a World HEAVYWEIGHT championship belt.

You want to see small acrobatic guys? Go watch the cruiser matches or any of the Nacho Libre feds in mexico. Us Americans like big burly men with great physical prowess who dominate the competition.