Is there a point to the great Khali

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
In all fairness to Khali, he doesn't have an "Arab" gimmick. He is and is billed from India. However, you are probably right. Most people probably think he is Arab.

The mid card back in the mid ninties wasn't overly terrible. You had Razor (In my opinion one of the best midcarders ever), Bigeloo, Owen Hart, Bulldog, all solid midcard talent. Plus Austin and the Rock were just starting to come into their own as midcarders around 1996. Come to think about it, the midcard was actually quite strong. The mainevent was really really poor with Hart, Diesel, Yokozuna, and HBK.

Yeah thats a good point about the midcard as all those guys are good. I guess I just remember the wrestlecrap more than anything. There were some really shitty gimmicks back then. About the main event, well I didn't even watch wrestling on TV during that era so I've just watched the classic matches that Hart and HBK had so maybe thats why I think they were good champs. I guess I can't really speak from first hand expirience here.

CenaMark54

Yeah thats a good point about the midcard as all those guys are good. I guess I just remember the wrestlecrap more than anything. There were some really shitty gimmicks back then. About the main event, well I didn't even watch wrestling on TV during that era so I've just watched the classic matches that Hart and HBK had so maybe thats why I think they were good champs. I guess I can't really speak from first hand expirience here.

They were both talented, no doubt and they always put on great matches. Both with each other and with other wrestlers. They just weren't over enough with casual WWE fans to be considered draws.

Its sort of a shame, but thats how it is in the WWE. Less talented men who have something unique like size or strength will always outdraw better workers who are smaller.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I personally think Khali will only be around long enough for The Undertaker to return and take the title back. If Khali even still has it. You are right he draws heat but not because he's talented. With Chris Jericho or Bret Hart, yeah you hated them, but you loved to hate them. I would watch them and just wait to see what they would say or do next. With Khali, I use his match and promo time to stock up on snacks and drinks. He is that awful.