Is the WWE Racist?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is the WWE/Vince Mcmahon racist?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Is this a dumb thread?

• Total voters

NinoBrown

Reaction score
There's not even enough Black wrestlers in WWE's roster for it to even be considered rascist. There's just better wrestlers at the moment, who happen to be white.

Shelton, Henry, Cryme Tyme, Kofi and MVP. Three of them have titles, other two (Cryme Tyme and MVP) are on the rise, they both got a fanbase and they're on the top lists when it comes to titles (Tag titles and US/WWE).

The world of wrestling has always been predominately white since the beginning, just because brotha man don't got a title to match his dukie chain, don't mean Vince is rascist.

The Rated R CMStar

Look, it's easy to come out here and give examples of why WWE is racist, but most of the examples you bring out are really bad.

Mark Henry is champion, yeah, it's the ECW Championship, with not a lot of value, but he still is the champion. Then again, for you, that isn't enough. Mark Henry has an entire hour of programming built around him.

Shelton has held tag gold, IC and US gold, not to mention going over HHH...twice.

I would say about The Rock and Booker T, but come on, to just mention them would ruin your little theory of WWE keeping black wresters away from the belt, so just let me use another wrestler as an example:

Bobby Lashley.

So you say the highest he got was ECW Championship? Yeah, nice way to see it. Let's just forget the fact that he got a big feud with Vince Mcmahon and went over, let's forget the fact that he main evented Wrestlemania, the fact that he, just arrived to Raw, main evented twice for the WWE Championship, the belt you say no black wrestler won. And let me say, if LASHLEY HAVE NOT QUITTED, he would eventually have won the belt, either from Cena or from Randy Orton.

Oh, and just to mention what Lance Cade said regarding the way Lashley left, Cade said he had a more serious injury in his shoulder than what Lashley did, and he only took 5 weeks to recover, and came back in shape, not like Lashley that took out 8 months to recover, lost muscle and then just left the company.

Austin_316

Reaction score
Total pointless subject if you ask me as if i remember Bobby Lashley was the last black wrestler to win the world title. Thinking about it the world title sounds more prestigous to me than the WWE title because its the WORLD title and more black wrestlers have won this title such as Booker T and Bobby Lashley.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Blaze and CM you are both winners in my book :love: but yes, the WWE sees green. As in the want to make money. They booked a fat fucking asian guy as the most dominant champion in more than a decade, The Rock (half breed that he is) is now on the level of Hulk Hogan.

I guess, if I was to bottom line this, I'd have my buddy Tomko answer...

NO! O_O

Airfixx

Re: "WWE never had an asian champ"...

YOKO-FUCKIN'-ZUNA, baby!!!

Moonlight Drive

Wasn't he Hawaiian?

But yeah, The Rock is black, and he is the most popular superstar ever, next to Hogan of course. Your argument is flawed, and I'm not going to reiterate (sp?) the same tired points brought up by everyone else

It could apply to anything. OMG SHAWN MICHAELS HASN'T HAD A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 2002 WWE HATES PEOPLE FROM TEXAS!

See what I did there?

Airfixx

re: Yokozuna...

Wasn't he Hawaiian?

Wiki sez:

Though Yokozuna wrestled as a representative of Japan, he was of Samoan origin and was accordingly billed as hailing from the "Polynesian Islands (although he was managed by Mr. Fuji, who would follow Anoa'i to the ring with a wooden bucket of salt, and waving a Japanese flag).

Seems we were both mistaken.

Reaction score
I wish there was a maybe choice. Bobbly Lashley was the last black wrestler to be noticed. I've covered Shelton Benjamin already and then...Kofi Kingston? I like him but he does nothing. Elijah was expressed out, Cryme Tyme were neato little stereotypes but again, nothing. So, there are definitely racial barriers in WWHHH.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
I wish there was a maybe choice. Bobbly Lashley was the last black wrestler to be noticed. I've covered Shelton Benjamin already and then...Kofi Kingston? I like him but he does nothing. Elijah was expressed out, Cryme Tyme were neato little stereotypes but again, nothing. So, there are definitely racial barriers in WWHHH.

Exactly, that is all I am saying. I am a big WWE fan, ever since I was a kid, I am not deliberately hating on them or complaining, but this trend has been going on long enough that the question should at least be raised and the issue discussed. A good point was raised that the Rock was WWE world champion, not to mention that he held this title the most times in the history of the WWE, even more than Hogan which is awesome, and the Rock is one of my favourites. However, he does not appear to be black, that is the issue there. He looks like a tanned white American maybe with a little mix of race in there, but not noticeable. Lashley did not stay with the WWE very long, agreed, but neither did Goldberg and look at the ridiculous push he got, same with Brock Lesnar. Why was it the ECW championship? It was supposed to be for the hardcore wrestlers not potential world champions. Did John Cena, Batista, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Stone Cold, HHH, Kurt Angle etc, ever have the ECW championship? It is very questionable. Plus, why did he leave so early, why did Ahmed Johnson leave early, why Booker T? It is more likely that something is wrong with the WWE, rather than automatically assuming that all of these great wrestlers had something wrong with them.

xtremebadass

Yes, the WWE is racist. Vince McMahon is white and he calls the shots. Most of the shots he calls involves white guys. There is no mystery here gentlemen. Mark Henry and Booker T got title reigns on other brands. Lashley was close, but that was his last BIG match before they cut ties with Lashley. Every other African American goes as far as Mid card status, everyone has an opinion about this, but there really isn't much reasoning when it comes to this. Cryme Tyme got fired in the middle of their push, who does that?

Airfixx

^^^^Cryme Tyme were fired for some form of in-appropriate behaviour (specifics escape me right now.... Anyone?).... Oh, wait, and then later re-hired by Vince 'Second Chance' McMahon. -->>>

Charismatic Edge said:
...Kofi Kingston? I like him but he does nothing.

What the hell does that mean? "He does nothing?"

....You mean other than jump to the main brand within his first 6 (maybe less) months and wins the IC title even though he still botches a hell of a lot?

Regardless, once again I can't help but ask....

How would you know about Kofi? You said you barely watch WWE! --->>>

JohnBlaze1981 said:
Lashley did not stay with the WWE very long, agreed, but neither did Goldberg and look at the ridiculous push he got, same with Brock Lesnar. Why was it the ECW championship? It was supposed to be for the hardcore wrestlers not potential world champions. Did John Cena, Batista, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Stone Cold, HHH, Kurt Angle etc, ever have the ECW championship? It is very questionable.

It's not questionable ffs, it's BECAUSE WWE DIDN'T HAVE AN ECW TITLE UNTIL 2006 AND ALL THOSE GUYS HAD BOTH DEBUTED AND WON WORLD TITLES BY THEN!!!!!!

[Oh yeah, I nearly forgot...] ---->>>>>

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
The point is, the ECW championship is one of the least sought after titles in the WWE, hence, currently Mark Henry (the mute brute) has it. He is one black wrestler I would agree on that should not get much of a push, he has no character whatsoever. If Vince really wanted to push Lashley, he would have put him over John Cena which was what should have happened, but of course that never happened. It didn't make any sense that if Lashley was being pushed that he would lose to John Cena at the Great American Bash. It just doesn't add up. Bobby might have left because he was disappointed and upset but who wouldn't be? You can't blame him. Wrestlers don't just quit like that without something big happening especially since he was in his prime and at the height of his fame.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
It is true that there are not many black superstars to choose from, hence a lack of talent, but there is something to be said as well for the lack of black wrestlers within the WWE. I am not concerned with the other races as much because the US has a much larger black population (about 12.8%, widely outnumbering asians and the rest) than any other race within it besides white of course. Maybe Vince is afraid that they will take over the sport as they did with basketball and football and golf lol. Just look at what the Rock did for the WWE. Who knows, but there sure is something shady going on. It is one thing to be racist but at least be honest about it and stop playing around with these wrestlers, their lives, and careers, because you're just going to end up pissing off a lot of people.

LadyHotrod

Do you even watch wrestling?

Booker T was pushed to the fucking max. Cryme Time were recently pushed with John Cena. Shelton Benjamin is getting a nudge. Kofi Kingston is getting a HUGE push. He does nothing? Wow, what fucking wrestling are you watching?

Go away if you don't know what you're talking about.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Cryme Tyme pushed with Cena? How, by being his bodyguards on call? Seems to me that Cena is the only one really going anywhere in this crew, they are just making him look good. Cena needs all the help he can get right now, he actually got a lot of boos last time on Raw although he is the biggest babyface of them all. Even big slow Batista knows Cena's fans are almost all under the age of 16, unfortunately that age group is a majority of the WWE's fans hence Cena's win in the polls over Batista on the last Raw. Booker T was not pushed to the max enough, there is a reason why he left for TNA. Kofi Kingston is the best new wrestler the WWE has, and he deserves the IC title and the push he is getting, hopefully they don't cut him short in the end.