Is the WWE Racist?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is the WWE/Vince Mcmahon racist?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Is this a dumb thread?

• Total voters

Soulpower

I don't think an Indian man has been a champ, either.

HOW DARE YOU?!? THE GREAT F'N KHALI!

*Brain-Chops LHR*

A lot of blacks have and had titles.

True. But most of the times its either the tag titles, or the Mid-Card title (IC or US).

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
What makes me say this? Well, when was the last time a black wrestler held the WWE world championship? I can't even remember if a black wrestler ever held the WWE championship title belt at all in WWE's long history. I know Booker T held the title but it was the world heavyweight title, not the WWE championship which is more prestigious.

The company and most fans see them as equal, so if you are saying it's less prestigious, so it doesn't count, then it sounds like you WANT WWE to be racist, not you think they are.

Oh, and by the way. I think you are forgetting The Rock.

Of course many black wrestlers have held the IC and tag titles but it is apparent that if they did hold a title, it was not for very long or they did not have many title reigns.

Shelton Benjamin has held the IC title 3 Times, the WWE Tag Titles (that means they are more prestigious than world), and is currently the U.S. Champion.

And I say again.....Did you forget The Rock was half black....or would that hurt your conspiracy theory to remember him?

A lot of them should have been given a bigger push but never got one as well. Shelton Benjamin has great wrestling skills but he was never developed as a wrestler and never was given a significant push.

Shelton is well known for being "lazy" and unwilling to improve. Sure he's great, but why should he be pushed to the next level if he's unwilling to take his work ethic there?

Mark Henry has the ECW title but that is the least prestigious title of course.

That's why they gave it to him (and soon will go to Matt Hardy), to give it more prestige. It's not like they are trying to kill it off.

What about the tag team of Crime Time? They are pretty good in the ring and on the mic and have good enough presence, but they seem to always be facing jobbers like the Highlanders. I think by now, they should have had the tag titles at least once.

That's the first time they've faced jobbers since they've come back. And there's nothing wrong with facing a jobber as long as you win. The whole point is to make the winner look good. And I agree with the tag title thing, but there really wasn't a lot of ambition for the tag division before they got in trouble.

Kofi Kingston currently has the IC title but we'll see how long that lasts. He is a great wrestler that they better keep pushing.

I didn't know you could include stuff that hasn't even happened (and may not) in your argument. That's dumb.

What about when Lashley was in the WWE? I think the most he got was the ECW title as well.

Yeah, and he quit the company like a little bitch before they could do what the wanted with him. If you didn't think he would be WWE champion if he stayed, you have down syndrome. I'm glad he quit though....he sucked.

Ahmed Johnson didn't get any higher than IC champion.

You gotta be good to win. They weren't just going to say "He's black, let's give him the WWF title." That would be reverse racism.

I think it is about time the WWE gives the title to a black wrestler,

Who? There aren't any built up yet. Maybe if Shelton gets his shit together....but that's a long shot as we've seen.

There are just way too many examples to label it anything other than racism

In 1999, there were 4 great Canadian wrestlers in the WWE Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Christian and Edge, Did any of them win the WWE title that year? No. None of them did until 2001, when Chirs Jericho won the "less prestigious" WCW title. But that didn't last long. ANd no Canadian wrestler would hold the title again until Chris Benoit in 2004....and that didn't last long. And that was it until Edge won in 06. Then they finally gave a Canadian the belt more than a couple of times and for a decent length of time. So, there's just too many examples to point out that WWE hates Canadians (of course I am completely disregarding the fact that arguably one of the greatest WWE superstars ever was Canadian (Bret Hart)). So SCREW your "racist against blacks" conspiracy theory (even though you didn't even mention the fact that arguably one of the greatest WWE superstars ever was black (The Rock). WWE hates Canada.

Edit: I completely forgot about MVP. It's convenient that you forget about 2 very successful black wrestlers in your argument.

LadyHotrod

Yeah, I thought so. I was hesitatant (which is why I said "think") but I had a feeling he was. I just barely remember that because it was gay.

Nation

I am sure this subject has been brought up before within the WWE itself but it is a little bit obvious that the WWE/Vince Mcmahon is at least a little bit racist. What makes me say this? Well, when was the last time a black wrestler held the WWE world championship? I can't even remember if a black wrestler ever held the WWE championship title belt at all in WWE's long history. I know Booker T held the title but it was the world heavyweight title, not the WWE championship which is more prestigious. Of course many black wrestlers have held the IC and tag titles but it is apparent that if they did hold a title, it was not for very long or they did not have many title reigns. A lot of them should have been given a bigger push but never got one as well. Shelton Benjamin has great wrestling skills but he was never developed as a wrestler and never was given a significant push. Mark Henry has the ECW title but that is the least prestigious title of course. What about the tag team of Crime Time? They are pretty good in the ring and on the mic and have good enough presence, but they seem to always be facing jobbers like the Highlanders. I think by now, they should have had the tag titles at least once. Kofi Kingston currently has the IC title but we'll see how long that lasts. He is a great wrestler that they better keep pushing. What about when Lashley was in the WWE? I think the most he got was the ECW title as well. Ahmed Johnson didn't get any higher than IC champion. I think it is about time the WWE gives the title to a black wrestler, there is even a potential black president on the way, WWE needs to get with the times. There are just way too many examples to label it anything other than racism but I am sure many would have their disagreements. It goes for the female wrestlers as well. Getting Ron Simmons to say the token punch word "damn" every now and then is just rubbing it in.

LMAO do you know who The Rock is? wow Mark Henry doesn't even deserve to be in a title match for the world/ or wwe title. He sucks. Kofi is good but there are other people who deserve the IC title as well. I can't believe you mentioned Lashley. Worst piece of shit talent EVER. I will question why CrymeTyme has not recieved a reign yet but there time will most likely eventually come.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
WWE is not racist..

The black superstars and other races also have had titles and all that...

Like others have said the black wrestlers they got now are not really worthy of the WWE Title....some of em are close and might one day get it but I mean really if Vince was racist like others have said he would job them out alot and that does not happen.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
stop being a little bitch, and suck it up. WWE isn't rascist, because if WWE is rascist for not giving crappy wrestlers who happen to be black the WWE title, then Scrubs is rascist for calling Turk brown bear and other black references.

stop trying to look like your a genius, cause your not. sure, Cryme Tyme hasnt recieved a push, but maybe next monday they become the focus of Raw. Mark Henry? have you ever even watched WWE?

some people just like to complain...

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Woah, hostile much? I simply posed a question and a concern. Trying to be a genius? I don't see how that fits here but thanks for the compliment. If you don't agree, fine, state your opinion. If you take the time to post in this "dumb" thread I wonder what it makes you. It is all about controversy, and that is what was created here, which sparked debate, which is good. I layed down the facts, and there is enough to at least pose the question.

Kaedon

Reaction score
The WWE, like any other company, sees one color. Who wants to guess what it is?

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
With three current WWE champions being black and only one vote in your poll for WWE being racist.

It's safe to say your question is answered.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Good, I wanted to see the reaction. I don't know if I am right and that is why I posted this thread. I may be wrong but we'll see what happens in the WWE. You never know, there may be a black WWE world champion yet.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The WWE, like any other company, sees one color. Who wants to guess what it is?

Gold...right

that or green as in money

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
hey I guess it first...so if u win I really win...

Beer Money Army

I don't think so...

But i think WWE a Tad Too American.....

In The Past 10 Years With the Other Championships:

Since the world Championship came back in 2002... Only 5/22 WHC reigns have been Non-American Born wrestlers (khali, Edge, Chris Benoit)

Since the Ecw Championship came back in 2006.. 2/10 ECW reigns have Been Non-American Born wrestlers (kane, Chavo)

WWE: 2/46 reigns been Non-american Wrestler (edge)

I-C: 32/71 reigns (Val venis, Edge, Y2J, Benoit, Kane, Lance Storm, Christian, test, regal, carlito, umaga, santino, Kofi) sidenote; Val, edge, y2j, benoit, storm, christian, test and santino are canadian borned so this belt is the most succesful belt for NON american born wrestlers

WWE Tag (SD): 4/26(52) (kenzo, tajiri, benoit, edge)

WWE U.S. (since changing to WWE): 5/20 (Carlito, Benoit, Finlay)

Womens: 8/36 (trish, Gail Kim)

World Tag team championship (raw) 49/89(178) (Kane, piper, owen hart, edge, christian, chris benoit, y2j, test, lance storm, val venis, Sylvan, Regal)
The Most Successful Tag team Championship in wwe for non american born wrestlers...

but wwe isn't racist to blacks