Is the WWE Racist?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is the WWE/Vince Mcmahon racist?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Is this a dumb thread?

• Total voters

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
I am sure this subject has been brought up before within the WWE itself but it is a little bit obvious that the WWE/Vince Mcmahon is at least a little bit racist. What makes me say this? Well, when was the last time a black wrestler held the WWE world championship? I can't even remember if a black wrestler ever held the WWE championship title belt at all in WWE's long history. I know Booker T held the title but it was the world heavyweight title, not the WWE championship which is more prestigious. Of course many black wrestlers have held the IC and tag titles but it is apparent that if they did hold a title, it was not for very long or they did not have many title reigns. A lot of them should have been given a bigger push but never got one as well. Shelton Benjamin has great wrestling skills but he was never developed as a wrestler and never was given a significant push. Mark Henry has the ECW title but that is the least prestigious title of course. What about the tag team of Crime Time? They are pretty good in the ring and on the mic and have good enough presence, but they seem to always be facing jobbers like the Highlanders. I think by now, they should have had the tag titles at least once. Kofi Kingston currently has the IC title but we'll see how long that lasts. He is a great wrestler that they better keep pushing. What about when Lashley was in the WWE? I think the most he got was the ECW title as well. Ahmed Johnson didn't get any higher than IC champion. I think it is about time the WWE gives the title to a black wrestler, there is even a potential black president on the way, WWE needs to get with the times. There are just way too many examples to label it anything other than racism but I am sure many would have their disagreements. It goes for the female wrestlers as well. Getting Ron Simmons to say the token punch word "damn" every now and then is just rubbing it in.

Switchy

Reaction score
Sorry but if WWE was so racist then they wouldn't be giving any black people titles at all and jobbing them all. You make quite a few facts I just don't get though, if Ron simmons was white they'd probably still do the same thing with him anyway.

You make a whole load of points and everything but I beleive you are missing out someone who is one of WWE's biggest stars in history, The Rock. He had one hell of a lot of world titles which I don't think he would have had if WWE were racist.

Now you saying Booker didn't get the WWE title because it's more prestigious than the WHC is bullshit too. He was given the WHC because the WWE title was on the opposite brand, not because he's black.

Shelton Benjamin not given a significant push? Can't say I disagree with that fact but the rumours say he hasn't been pushed because he's been lazy in the ring and just to go with that he got no mic skills to back up his in ring work.

Mark Henry given the ECW title? The reason he was given that over the WWe/WHC is because he isn't good enough for those titles, whereas he is suited to the ECW title.

Cryme Tyme are being misused so I'll agree with you there but who says it's 'cause they're black?

Lashley got the ECW title and was receiving a huge push before he got injured and would have probably been a multi-time world champ if he never left WWE.

So my answer is NO, WWE aren't racist.

LadyHotrod

So just because no black guys have been the WWE/WWF champ? Wow. Sorry but fuck off.

If Vince were racist, he wouldn't let ANY black man near a title. Hell, he wouldn't even give them a push. Just because they don't get the WWE championship doesn't mean Vince is a racist.

If you look back at all the former and present WWE champs, you can see that there are people of all different races who have won. Do you see any asian winners? Yeah, Batista is half Filipino but there isn't a full asian winner, either. So? Does that mean Vince hates asians? No, it doesn't.

I don't mean to come off as a bitch but racism is such a strong accusation to throw out there just for the fact that a black guy hasn't won the WWE championship. It would be a bit different if a black guy never won a championship PERIOD but that isn't the case.

MikeRaw

No, they aren't, not at all.
But it's true that FAR more white people ar einto wrestling than black or any other race.
But, just incase you wanted proof...
Firstly, if they were ractist, it would be against (probably) most races, other than white. But wwe has had white, black, asian and latin people in their company throughout their history.
Also, for current times.... They have Mark Henry, Alicia Fox, Elijah Burke, Layla, Teddy Long, Tony Atlas, Zeek, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, JTG, Shad and others, all featured in roles within the company, as black people, and they also have many people of othwer races as well.
If that isn't enough, they also have most of those people being pushed, to a fair amount, which again proves they aren't racist.
And this goes back throughout their entire history, not just now.
Trust me, they aren't racist.

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Well obviously the WWE is not going to be that obvious about it as to not give any black wrestlers any of the titles, they are not that stupid. They have a market to keep up with. There have been many undeserving white WWE world champions in the past so it can't be about skill or likeability either. There has been enough black superstars in the WWE to have had just one of them have the WWE world title for a significant amount of time at least once. I don't think there is any excuse that is logical other than a little racism. I would not call them nazis or anything and it is not extreme, but clearly there is a little.

Switchy

Reaction score
Please give me a list of black wrestlers in WWE in the last 5 years who you think deserve/deserved a world title and give me a list of all the other people in the last 5 years who didn't deserve a world title. Just so I can see...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Yes they are. In a stererotypical way. But guess what. So is the rest of the world! You can point to stereotypical gimmicks all you want, but fact is, these gimmicks have been createdt by someone else as a stereotype. WWE is making it someone's gimmick, sure, but it isn't their original idea. It is someone else's who has existed before.

The no black champions argument is bullshit. MVP has had a nice push since debuting, and Shelton Benjamin is getting one now. John Cena was WWE Champ forever! :shifty:

Basically, the world is racist. Their will always be stereotypes, and there will always be prejudice. To suggest that one specific company is racist is way off, because as I have said, the whole world is that way.

MikeRaw

Well obviously the WWE is not going to be that obvious about it as to not give any black wrestlers any of the titles, they are not that stupid. They have a market to keep up with. There have been many undeserving white WWE world champions in the past so it can't be about skill or likeability either. There has been enough black superstars in the WWE to have had just one of them have the WWE world title for a significant amount of time at least once. I don't think there is any excuse that is logical other than a little racism. I would not call them nazis or anything and it is not extreme, but clearly there is a little.

NO, there isn't even a little. If people are racist, they are racist. They don't care if people would think that they are racist for not, if they were racist, they wouldn't push any black or whatever color/race peopel they didn't like at all. Period.
Just look at the history, and there are plenty of non-white legends, who have been huge stars, without their race holding them back at all.
The same is happening now. Just because there is not currently a black world chapion, doesnt mean they are racist, they just aren't good enough (the ones in wwe) to be world champions yet. It would be stupid to make them world champs if they aren't world champ material. It just happens that there arent any that are top main eventers, but if there were, they would be pushed.
Besides, The Rock and Booker T have both help world titles while in WWE, and they are not white either, which basically fucks your theory.

PeepShow

Michael Hayes is known to be racist. It's no secret. They are just trying to play it off that he is not, and that is why many people believe Shelton got the US title.

Soulpower

To be fair, most people believe that Henry won the ECW title as a way to make it up to him after Michael Hayes used some racist comments.

Booker T? Let me point you towards the WM19 feud he had with HHH. You know, where HHH would say things like this. People like YOU are only good for driving my limo and carrying my bags. They never actually said it, but it was clear that the whole feud was about HHH being > Booker, mostly because HHH is white while Booker is black.

Booker also got the title a while back because there was a rash on injuries in the SD roster.

Also, Cryme Tyme.. nuff said.

I don't want to say that they're racist, but they've given critics a LOT of ammo to think that.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^But MVP had his title reign before Shelton and he had one of the longest US title reigns ever so I don't see why they would've handed Shelton the US title just to make Hayes look unracist (if that's a word).

EDIT: ^^ for Peep

As for Henry getting the ECW title, I know it was quite long ago but Lashley was champ too and yes, they do use stereotypes and shit but they're doing it for comedy, not because they don't like black people.

Soulpower

I don't see why they would've handed Shelton the US title just to make Hayes look unracist

Of course, Henry also got the ECW title at around the same time.

I should add this. They DID give Lashley a HUGE push, he just sucked and never got as over as people wanted. Although, rumors said that he left in the midst of racial tension with the higher-ups.

The same for Shelton. Him winning the US title wasn't his first championship in WWE. He had already won the tag titles and IC title multiple times. I'll say it again, I don't know if Vince is racist, but I understand why some people would say that he is racist.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^True but, the the ECW champ before him (Kane) was on Raw so they obviously wanted the ECW title back on ECW and Matt Hardy beating Kane would be kinda unrealistic.

PeepShow

Yeah, forgot about Henry. That's a whole nother reason why you could say that.

LadyHotrod

Are you black? Just wondering because you seem to only care that black people haven't been a WWE champ when asians haven't, either. I don't think an Indian man has been a champ, either.

A lot of blacks have and had titles. If the WWE were giving it to them just to mask their racism, they would just give it to one black guy.

Booker got a HUGE push when he was around. Ahmed Johnson had a push. Sheton Benjamin had a push. Cryme Time got a big push with Cena. MVP had a big push. Mark Henry had a big push. Lashley had a push. Junkyard Dog was one of the most popular wrestlers of the 80's. Coco B. Ware was huge.

Again, if you go back in WWE championship history, it isn't all white people who have held the title.

In my opinion, the black guys in the WWE right now aren't good enough for a title. Kofi might be sometime in the future. Other than that, none of the black guys really stand out as WWE champ worthy.

If a bunch of black guys had been champs over the years, no one would cry racism but just because the majority were white, it's suddenly a racist issue. Get over that racism card and see that some people have the credentials to be champ and some don't.