Is the Rock using?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As noted earlier, The Rock announced on Twitter the he had tore his ab and abductor tendons during his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29.

Former WWE star Carlito took to his Twitter following the announcement to call the Rock out, stating that the injury may be due to steroid use.

“Rock tore his ab & adductor tendons? Hmm, I guess instead of getting in tremendous shape for mania…he got in TREN-mendous shape!â€￾, the ex-WWE star wrote.

For those of you who are unaware, Steroid.com lists Tren as one of the most popular steroids to date. The site notes that some of the drugs benefits include “increased muscle mass, increased strength, and increased recovery.â€￾

Lets do a comparison

eGswNTl1MTI=_o_wrestlemania-27---the-rock-backstage-with-eve-torres-mae.jpg

Hmm well who knows

wmaniwa+28+rock+entro.jpg

Seems Natural to me but defintly bigger.

the-rock1.jpg

He's on the verge of bodybuilder proportions. I don't see the need to be this bulked up which is bigger than when he was in WWE least looks it to me. But I'm not sure if it's enhanced. It would explain the injuries easier.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Pain and Gain research he's method?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He certainly could get away with it obviously if he is juicing and wouldn't surprise me if he was considering how much bigger he is now than in his prime.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Would be a shame really. I don't condone steroid use. If he actually is, this fanboys heart might be broke .

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
God yes he's using.

So is Cena, so is Ryback.

They don't have the time and dietary needs to look the way they do by travelling 300 days a year and eating food on the go. If you've spent a few years in the gym, you come to know who's gearing and who's not.

*waits for the sweaty, basement dwellers who've never been outside in their life to cry about me calling out Cena for juicing.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's impossible to tell really from any of those pics with all the different angles and shit.

Anyone who follows him on Twitter will always know he's at the gym banging the weights, so it's entirely possible that it could be natural. Even if he is juicing, i'm guessing that's not a problem in Hollywood? I'm guessing he could get away with in the WWE too if he was juicing because i'd hazard a guess to say that he's not under contract with them and as such won't be obligated to take all the tests.

And before I forget he was bigger this time around because I believe it was required for his upcoming role in Hercules.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's impossible to tell really from any of those pics with all the different angles and shit.

Anyone who follows him on Twitter will always know he's at the gym banging the weights, so it's entirely possible that it could be natural. Even if he is juicing, i'm guessing that's not a problem in Hollywood? I'm guessing he could get away with in the WWE too if he was juicing because i'd hazard a guess to say that he's not under contract with them and as such won't be obligated to take all the tests.

And before I forget he was bigger this time around because I believe it was required for his upcoming role in Hercules.

He landed the role for Hercules a couple weeks before Mania. It could explain the injury but not the muscle mass. I think he's been roughly that size since the Fast and Furious movie. It is odd though that he wore that track suit all of Mania 27 not implying anything just saying it's odd.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Wouldn't be surprised, wouldn't care.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He landed the role for Hercules a couple weeks before Mania. It could explain the injury but not the muscle mass. I think he's been roughly that size since the Fast and Furious movie. It is odd though that he wore that track suit all of Mania 27 not implying anything just saying it's odd.
To be honest I barely took notice of his physique but nothing really jumped out from it that alarmed me or took me back.

One thing that I forgot to point out though is that Carlito is one of the biggest trolls on Twitter and for ages now has been doing some extremely lame 'Body Guy' gimmick.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I don't think he is using but it does make you wonder how he has the time to get that shredded and big on the wrong side of 40. Kind of like Bonds hitting so many homeruns AFTER the so-called prime ages of your baseball career. Rock could be the result of very hard work and good genetics, but it does make you wonder.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Yeah, it's worth mentioning that our source on this is Carlito.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
This coming from a guy who is using himself and has gotten a lot bigger since his WWE days.

Rock did build himself for Pain and Gain same with Mark Walberg and he's got the time to gym so steroids would be a factor to his injuries but he's also 40 years old and in the ring with Cena (notice something he didn't get injured against Punk) in the main event of Wrestlemania you get to the point where trying to perform at the top all the time will take its toll on the body whether its movies or otherwise.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He could be but when he did return he still looked smaller than quite a few on the roster, he didn't look ridiculously huge. He is bigger and more cut than he was during his time at the top but that would be due to the fact that he has more time to hit the gym now. Plus he can add extra muscle and not have to worry about his cardio since he isn't wrestling three or four times a week.

It is worth noting that even if he was it doesn't matter. Wellness policy doesn't cover part time wrestlers so that is Vince and Hulk were fine whenever they wrestled when the code was in place. It is a moral issue but not a Wellness issue.

Reaction score
I don't know if he's bigger than in his prime. He's a lot leaner and often being more cut can actually make someone look bigger. There was this period after he started doing movies where he was substantially smaller. He was leaning down, but lost a lot of muscle mass too. When he tagged with Foley against Evolution at Wrestlemania, most noticeable was how he no longer had those sizable traps.

Being an athlete, the Rock has good genetics. Natural? I might not say totally impossible depending on how freakish some genetics are and he'd certainly have the time to train, rest and eat to make the most of more natural means. Can't say it would surprise me if he was on any gear, the guy is pretty jacked. If he is totally natural there, then more power to him. Either way, still takes a ton of hard work and discipline to look like that.

I don't think it's pure coincidence that most WWE rasslers were so much smaller on average when more stringent testing was enforced.