Is The Rock Retired?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
gKaMCWn.png
Another wannabe smilie :pity:

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
We will see one more Rock match against Cena at mania. I know it's not confirmed anywhere, but that's my feeling on it.
That's been my feeling all along too lol. We're bound to see at least one more match between them, specifically Mania.

Reactions: Danielson

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I knew the injury was BS, I don't know if The Rock is retired, I think he might be back by WMXXX, maybe for induction into the hall of fame.
How was the injury BS? There was photos of him in hospital before his surgery.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Of course he isn't retired. As others have said he was injured at Mania and now he's off filming for his movies.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Rock could return next week or in years, we don't know. We thought he retired in 2004 and he came back.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
That's been my feeling all along too lol. We're bound to see at least one more match between them, specifically Mania.

I'd bet anything on this never happening. There's nowhere left for that feud to go and there's no doubt more money in other opponents like Brock Lesnar (whom they've already teased facing The Rock at Mania next year should The Rock actually be freed up enough from his schedule to compete.)

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd bet anything on this never happening. There's nowhere left for that feud to go and there's no doubt more money in other opponents like Brock Lesnar (whom they've already teased facing The Rock at Mania next year should The Rock actually be freed up enough from his schedule to compete.)
I'm still sure that we'll see it once more, be it at Mania or not.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see The Rock go up against Taker's Streak one year. That would draw some $$$$$. I felt his performance in the tag match with Cena against Miz and R-Truth was really well done. The more he wrestled though, the more exposed he looked. It felt like his stuff was incredibly rehearsed as opposed to called on the fly in the ring.

That said, I am a fan of Rocky and I always will be. I've been down ever since the SummerSlam feud with Triple H. The segments on Raw preceding the ladder match and the ladder match itself were great.

I would love to see The Rock vs Daniel Bryan. A true test of Rock's athleticism would be if he can hang for 20 minutes with Bryan's breakneck pacing.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to see The Rock go up against Taker's Streak one year. That would draw some $$$$$. I felt his performance in the tag match with Cena against Miz and R-Truth was really well done. The more he wrestled though, the more exposed he looked. It felt like his stuff was incredibly rehearsed as opposed to called on the fly in the ring.

I wouldn't ever bet on it happening, but Rock/Undertaker would be the perfect sendoff for Rock's in-ring career as there is already a well-laid backstory to it should it ever happen.

The Rock has defeated Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and John Cena all at a Wrestlemania. That's the three biggest stars other than himself who he can lay claim to beating all on the grandest stage of all. Add to that the multiple championships that he's won, the Rumble victory, the other long list of people he's defeated, the fact that he even won the WWE Championship one last time (and did so by ending the longest reign of the past 25 years), etc. Rock could say that after all the wins and accomplishments, after all the accolades he's built up for himself over the years, he's ready to go out with a bang trying to score his biggest victory of all, and that's defeating the Undertaker and the streak. Rock says it's something no man has done in over twenty years, and with all due respect for Taker, if there's one man who can do it, it's The Rock. Only then will he truly be able to cement himself as the greatest of all time. (And he fails, of course, but the story and probably the match too (in terms of psychology) would still be great.) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$