Is the RKO the next Stone Cold Stunner?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you think?

• Randy Orton will be the next Stone Cold personality, and the RKO will be his Stunner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton will not be a Stone Cold, but the RKO will be used like the Stunner

• Randy Orton will be the next Stone Cold, but the RKO won't be like the Stunner

• Randy Orton will not be a Stone Cold, and the RKO won't be like a Stunner

• I have no opinion, but Roxxi Laveaux is awesome

• Total voters

LKP

Ummm a weird question. Id say rko is the new stunner. Im sure we will be seeing a whole lot more of the rko. The stunner has had its days now. The rko is a move to look forward to. Its quick and can happen out of no where. The stunner was more set up kick to gut then bam.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Orton will never Stone Cold but dat RKO on Jerry Lawler was cool as FUCK though.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I think people are gettin confused, the thread is more about his finisher more then his wrestling ability. The RKO is the new Stunner, you know a wrestling move is popular when kids, teens and grown men are copying it, the RKO has done this. They're both quick and easy moves to do, Stunner - kick and stun, RKO - jump and grab head as you come down.

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
That's because Stone Cold had a sucessful face run before he turned heel. Orton just came in and he was a heel...he was a face for like....a couple months before his heel turn. But...people still like Orton...ALOT OF PEOPLE LIKE ORTON.

Charisma: Orton > SCSA

Agility: Orton > SCSA

Actual Wrestling Ability: Orton > SCSA

I stopped reading the thread at this point so I may have missed something but Travis ARE YOU FUCKING MENTAL??? Orton has more charisma than Stone Cold? What are you smoking? Jesus Christ, Orton can't even touch Austin in terms of charisma.

And wrestling ability? Stone Cold, before his neck injury, could wrestle with the best of them. He went toe-toe with Bret Hart. All I see from Orton is a sloppy Diamond Cutter and a dozen chin locks. If you like him, that's fine but don't say he is superior to Stone Cold. He can't hold a candle to him.

Slammin' Sam

Reaction score
Well, our boy Randy is no Stone Cold-and that's good for him, because who wants a copycat?
Randy is very much a traditional heel. SCSA was a ground-breaker for wrestling characters-a face who acted like a heel.
The RKO is being booked like the Stunner now-an immediate match-ending finisher.
But it really is a Diamond Cutter when you get down to it. Randy RKOing people left and right kind of reminded me of Kanyon going around Diamond Cutting people during his feud with DDP. (Yes, I know that's history, but it's relevant).
Anyway....
Randy Orton is no SCSA and that's fine.
RKO: close to the Stunner, booking-wise, at least.
Thank you!
:w00t:

strij

Reaction score
Orton definately is not the next Stone Cold... and Roxxi Laveaux sux :lol:

Travis40

^I just agree with everything you said in that post. Roxxi is just....a douchebag at times and I think that he/she/it should just shut up with her/his/its obvious bias toward TNA lol, and Orton is not anywhere near Stone Cold...Orton is obviously the better in ring wrestler.

John Doe

Reaction score
"Randy Orton will not be a Stone Cold, but the RKO will be used like the Stunner"

The RKO definitely gets used like a stunner but I feel no superstar is "the next ___"
They are all individual personalities. You wouldn't catch Orton downing beers and sticking his fingers up would you?

wrestlingkane13

Reaction score
Hell no orton isnt a very good enough face to get anywere near as over as austins stunner was

Edgehead2593

Reaction score
I really hope when Orton retires he won't do "one night returns" 4 or 5 times a year doing the same thing.

but the RKO is right up there as one of the most devastating finishers in the business

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Hell no orton isnt a very good enough face to get anywere near as over as austins stunner was
I wasn't a wrestling fan when Orton was a face, but I think he'd make a good one today simply by not changing his personality, but changing his targets to heels. Look at Kane. He's a very popular face, and the only thing different between now and when he was a heel is who his targets are. I think if Orton spit in the face of Carlito or McMahon and gave MVP a running kick to the head he'd be a very popular face.

Edgehead2593

Reaction score
I wasn't a wrestling fan when Orton was a face, but I think he'd make a good one today simply by not changing his personality, but changing his targets to heels. Look at Kane. He's a very popular face, and the only thing different between now and when he was a heel is who his targets are. I think if Orton spit in the face of Carlito or McMahon and gave MVP a running kick to the head he'd be a very popular face.

They probably won't turn him face any time soon, but he would be a great face kicking heels in the head.