Is the RKO the next Stone Cold Stunner?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you think?

• Randy Orton will be the next Stone Cold personality, and the RKO will be his Stunner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton will not be a Stone Cold, but the RKO will be used like the Stunner

• Randy Orton will be the next Stone Cold, but the RKO won't be like the Stunner

• Randy Orton will not be a Stone Cold, and the RKO won't be like a Stunner

• I have no opinion, but Roxxi Laveaux is awesome

• Total voters

CenaMark54

I wasn't a wrestling fan when Orton was a face, but I think he'd make a good one today simply by not changing his personality, but changing his targets to heels. Look at Kane. He's a very popular face, and the only thing different between now and when he was a heel is who his targets are. I think if Orton spit in the face of Carlito or McMahon and gave MVP a running kick to the head he'd be a very popular face.

I completely agree with this. Orton was born to be a tweener. He has a pretty large fan base and I have always thought that people are dying to cheer for him.

This is the route they should have gone during his first title run. The dude got cheered when he beat Benoit for the title and he outpoped Benoit the entire match. Half the crowd was holding up RKO signs. People absolutely loved his heel character at this time. All they had to do was keep him as a cocky heel. It looked like this was the route they were going to take. He attscked Evolution with a Sledge hammer and spit in HHH's face, but not too long after he started cutting cheesy face promos and spinning during his pose. All the momentum he had was totally squandered.

The bottomline is that Orton is not believeable as a the prototypical babyface. He is believable as an asshole who will attack heels because he thinks he is better than them.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Its not even close the stunner would get a huge pop from the crowd. The RKO is a good move but not as good as the stunner.