Is Swagger done with WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Not to mention, Real Americans is one of my favorite tag teams in recent memory. Such a consistent team, shame they never won the belts.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Not to mention, Real Americans is one of my favorite tag teams in recent memory. Such a consistent team, shame they never won the belts.
Did they really not? What a joke. Of all the shit teams lol. That gimmick was over like rover. Did they ever do a split/feud between the two? God WWE books with both hands up their ass

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Swagger has done so little for so long that most wouldn't even notice his departure if he did leave. He can go in the ring, but he's about as dull and uncharismatic of a person as you'll find, and there probably isn't a character or gimmick idea that could possibly revive his career at this point. I wouldn't miss him.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Did they really not? What a joke. Of all the shit teams lol. That gimmick was over like rover. Did they ever do a split/feud between the two? God WWE books with both hands up their ass
Cesaro joined Paul Heyman and then, for some reason, they inserted RVD into their feud and made it a 3-way at Extreme Rules IIRC. So we never got a proper blowoff to that, which was completely stupid.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Cesaro joined Paul Heyman and then, for some reason, they inserted RVD into their feud and made it a 3-way at Extreme Rules IIRC. So we never got a proper blowoff to that, which was completely stupid.
And then Colter took time off because his granddaughter got killed in a hit and run and Swagger was taken off TV as a result

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Swagger has done so little for so long that most wouldn't even notice his departure if he did leave. He can go in the ring, but he's about as dull and uncharismatic of a person as you'll find, and there probably isn't a character or gimmick idea that could possibly revive his career at this point. I wouldn't miss him.
100% agree. This wins

Stopspot

Reaction score
All this Swagger hate is not allowed in Jack Swagger's America

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
100% agree. This wins
Why not say that then? Most would agree that he has been booked into irrelevance. But you said he was horrible and boring in the ring. Swagger can go in between the ropes, that is just the unbiased reality of it. He has size, strength, agility and has been wrestling all of his life. The combination of attributes allows him to do things in the ring most others simply cannot. I can point to any number of singles or tag matches that objectively show he is a really good ring worker.

I think he is lost in today's WWE landscape where real characters are more in the forefront. He would have been better of in the 80s playing some whacky over the top character. He's a goofy guy with a lisp and hilarious facial expressions.

Reactions: THG?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Why not say that then? Most would agree that he has been booked into irrelevance. But you said he was horrible and boring in the ring. Swagger can go in between the ropes, that is just the unbiased reality of it. He has size, strength, agility and has been wrestling all of his life. The combination of attributes allows him to do things in the ring most others simply cannot. I can point to any number of singles or tag matches that objectively show he is a really good ring worker.

I think he is lost in today's WWE landscape where real characters are more in the forefront. He would have been better of in the 80s playing some whacky over the top character. He's a goofy guy with a lisp and hilarious facial expressions.
That's not to say the guy did not try his darndest to make it work as a character. Remember his original run on Smackdown?

He was given the old Kurt Angle athletic goofball gimmick and made the best of it. But as has been said, he's not a natural promo. He should have someone talk for him or have short, pre taped interview style promos like Brock/UFC fighters (parallels between this guy and Brock are a few).

But let's remember. Jack Swagger being a character gave Chavo Guerrero his best WWE run ever.

Reactions: edge4ever

rydogg

Multiple Time WWEF Hardcore Champ, BAYBAY!
Reaction score
Michael Cole? Lol the fact that that you even brought him into the mix because of just a singlet makes me not even wanna reply at all.
Well maybe if you didn't apply some stupid logic, I wouldn't have had to mention that angle
:quimby:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well maybe if you didn't apply some stupid logic, I wouldn't have had to mention that angle
:quimby:
He does the ankle lock, he wears a singlet, he's our American hero, he does like only suplexes and submissions, and he portrays himself as just a wrestler, basically. All the same qualities that Kurt possessed and it's clear swaggers image was mainly based on Kurt. He might as well be dojng angle slams, dude. Hell, even stop spot just said he was based off angle.

Even if he's not based off angle, which he is, he still sucks.

Dumb logic still? Or are you not getting it, friend? :)

rydogg

Multiple Time WWEF Hardcore Champ, BAYBAY!
Reaction score
He does the ankle lock, he wears a singlet, he's our American hero, he does like only suplexes and submissions, and he portrays himself as just a wrestler, basically. All the same qualities that Kurt possessed and it's clear swaggers image was mainly based on Kurt. He might as well be dojng angle slams, dude. Hell, even stop spot just said he was based off angle.

Yes, your logic is still asinine. There's a difference between basing and copying. By definition, base is using something as a foundation. This means you can change various things to make it completely different. Copying is imitation of the style and behaviour. And from what I understand of your "logic" every wrestler ever who wears a singlet, has a patriotic American hero gimmick, uses the ankle lock, has a background in amateur wrestling, or any combination of those 4 elements MUST be copying Kurt Angle.

You tried buddy. :)

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score

Kurt Angle was based off of Bob Backlund. Your point is?

Also. Jack Swagger is fucking awesome

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
It'd be sad if Swagger left as his skill and in-ring ability with how things seem to be heading could lead to at leat upper mid card. But how much damage has been done in the past? It'd be some effort and push to get him over. But for me Cesaro was down and out at one point and is now a hot commodity so who knows? Things are looking brighter for legit wrestlers and it seems even a casual fan can appreciate some good in ring ability at the minute.

Owen

Jobber
Reaction score
He needs to stay tbh, WWE need to put him in the title picture again. Not for the main title obvs but either united states or intercontinental. I would like him to try go to NXT but honestly, I wouldn't be able to stand him in NXT so na let him stay up on the main card.