Is Sting Trying To be "Joker" now Instead of "Crow"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

2nd Half of 2011 Sting is...

• Old School Retro Sting.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Typical The Crow Sting.

• Wannabe The Joker Sting.

• Still Stuck Wrestling in TNA Sting.

• Total voters

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Idk if yesterday was like a glitch or something, but Impact Wrestling was on last night in America.

nothing else was on so I tuned in.
* There was a pretty good (solid) 3 way match with cruiserweight/xdivision guys.

* That Meaty Beautiful person chick got beat up by fat chicks after fighting mexicans.

* Angle and Jarrett had the ...last Fight to end all fights.

that sums up that other shit, anyways.

Main-
Point:

Sting after months of overcoming Hulk Hogan's shit, is all calm in Hogan's office, Hulk is like, "We cool, you got a title match homie." ...you'd expect a fistbump, instead sting is all whack-o and goes on about "Your legacy and you wanna help the aids victims hogan! eat vitamins!"

then he ...like makes out with hogan in a fit of anger, leaves. (giggling maniacally on his way out).

and camera goes back to Hogan and he has that Ronald The Clown Joker Lip Makeup on his face.

so idk, just wondering if Sting is gonna dump "The Crow" and become a "The Joker" from now on.

thoughts? :jake:

fuzzy

Reaction score
ya few people still watch, but i personally slowly giving up on it, 'cause it's the same old shit over and over again.
and as far as Sting goes, he's doing good now as a crazed madman rather than the crow, it kind of reminds me of when the undertaker came bk as the badass bike riding deadman reather than a deadman.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I tune in like once a month just to get a nice little chuckle when I'm bored. It saddens me because TNA used to be a really entertaining product.

nation

Reaction score
It's pretty strange. I don't really care, nor am I fan per say of the change but it's interesting to see something fresh and better than most of the shit going on now a days.

Here, you have one of the biggest wrestlers stars in the world who is obviously past his glory days. You need to do everything you can to reinvent his character and make him fresh because the majority doesn't want to see the same shit. Not to say this is the change that's needed but love or hate TNA, it is smart to attempt to reinvent his character.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I saw tna last night, and didn't really see jim carrey, it was a glimps of a joker character. it was alright, not too good though. it was nice to see a change in character, reather than the same old crow character.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I don't hate the switch. For fucking YEARS people have been saying the Sting character was stale and boring; it's refreshing to see the Stinger try to change it up a bit. Now, I didn't watch Impact to judge how it came off, but something new to freshen up a otherwise stale a fuck character can't be the worst idea TNA has had in the last few years.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I don't think the character was stale so much as it was just his execution of it. The past couple months (since his return)... nevermind the fact that he maintained an otherwise stale feud with Hogan/Bischoff... he's been on fire executing who he's supposed to be. The face-paint was poor tho... they should have mastered his look (preferably bringing back the green paint as well) before they threw that nonsense on him. But what happened in Hogan's office last week... and last night promo-wise... Sting's in a very incredible spot right now as far as his character and performances go. I hate that it's leading up to what will ultimately be one of the shittiest matches in the history of wrestling... but I'm loving the build regardless.

Axis

Reaction score
I don't hate the switch. For fucking YEARS people have been saying the Sting character was stale and boring; it's refreshing to see the Stinger try to change it up a bit. Now, I didn't watch Impact to judge how it came off, but something new to freshen up a otherwise stale a fuck character can't be the worst idea TNA has had in the last few years.

This. Barring a brief stint with the Main Event Mafia (that really didn't even give Sting as big of a character change as it could/should have), Sting has pretty played the same cool-headed "Conscience of TNA" character through his entire time with the company. Sting is 52-years-old and could easily coast a few more years doing the same thing, but props to him for trying to switch it up. I like the new dynamic. I do wish it wasn't primarily built around striking back against two non-wrestlers though.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
He raped Abyss also man.

Axis

Reaction score
I still need to download Impact. I wouldn't mind him literally murdering Abyss next. I'm going to miss the Impact tapings in 2 - 3 days too :(

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Wtf man. THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHATEVER PETTY THING YOU WILL BE DOING.

Axis

Reaction score
I wonder if they could find out that I skipped work to go to the park that I work at...