Is John Cena the last Mega Star?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Personal feelings aside, there's nothing subjective about comparing the career of a guy who was on top for 3-4 years (with an almost equally popular guy like The Rock there headlining with him) to a guy who main evented for twenty something years and helped in the explosion of popularity in two different companies. Not to mention the hot commodity Hogan already was in AWA before he ever worked for Vince's WWF. The name Hulk Hogan means more to wrestling history than the name Steve Austin. Ask an average person on the street who has never seen a minute of wrestling who Hogan or Austin is, and the vast majority of them will be able to attach Hogan's name to wrestling almost instantly. Hogan transcended wrestling in the same way Ali and Tyson transcended boxing, or Tiger Woods with golfing, or Michael Jordan with basketball, etc.

Alright, this i can accept.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think CM Punk is pretty recognizable by now, and a lot of my non wrestling fans always say who is that pale white guy with red hair, so he is pretty well known. I don't think anyone is even close to Cena though, so i'm not sure who to even suggest besides those two, orton, and potentially Sandow.