Is John Cena the last Mega Star?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Respect Goku6425 said:
Yeah I dont see anyone going in to replace Cena but at the same time, when he leaves the fans are going to migrate to whoever WWE puts in his place and become the next mega star. I just hope that person isn't Sheamus. I could see one of the guys from The Shield in that spot.

The only one I could see carrying a company is Reigns tbh, Ambrose will never be the guy IMO, same as Rollins although he could well be a Hardy style guy I suppose.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I just can't envision WWE ditching this era at all. I think we're here for a while.

Yep, i agree totally. TNA would have to skyrocket to a 2.8 avg or maybe even better to convince WWE it's worth going to TV-14...and that is sadly doubtful.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Champ Johnson said:
No. SCSA is the GOAT, the Rocky, then Hogan. You can rant all you want, but at the end of the day you have an opinion, and it doesnt mean shit.

Austin was the best performer of the three imo but Hogan built two dynasties ( the WWF would have blown up without him imo but that's not relevant as he was still the guy who was the poster boy, WCW without Hogan was never challenging IMO.) If we're discussing impact solely no one can touch Hulk.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Austin was the best performer of the three imo but Hogan built two dynasties ( the WWF would have blown up without him imo but that's not relevant as he was still the guy who was the poster boy, WCW without Hogan was never challenging IMO.) If we're discussing impact solely no one can touch Hulk.

Nope.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
seabs said:
The only one I could see carrying a company is Reigns tbh, Ambrose will never be the guy IMO, same as Rollins although he could well be a Hardy style guy I suppose.
By looks yes but i could see Ambrose being the next big anti-hero

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:
They'll go back to TV-14 eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in less than 2-3 years. We're already heading into our fifth year in the PG era. Nothing stays the same forever, and this era where WWE caters to kids will prove to be it's own era but not a permanent one, in my opinion. I don't feel it's completely necessary though since you don't need to change the rating to have a more mature product, unless you have a certain superstar (like Austin) or angle that catches fire and causes an increase in business that wouldn't be the same in a PG environment.

"Nothing stays the same" isn't going to swing my opinion here. WWE is making more money than ever with the current regime; why would they change that for the sake of change? I just don't see it in the near future anyway. Obviously society & wrestling change as one and change in the WWE is inevitable, but I don't see it coming in a couple of years or so. Unless of course Cena retires soon and they have no star, and feel like the change of product is the way to produce another one.

Champ Johnson said:
No. SCSA is the GOAT, the Rocky, then Hogan. You can rant all you want, but at the end of the day you have an opinion, and it doesnt mean shit.

SCSA is the GOAT imo as well. I would probably place Hogan second though, but it's all subjective.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
"Nothing stays the same" isn't going to swing my opinion here. WWE is making more money than ever with the current regime; why would they change that for the sake of change? I just don't see it in the near future anyway. Obviously society & wrestling change as one and change in the WWE is inevitable, but I don't see it coming in a couple of years or so. Unless of course Cena retires soon and they have no star, and feel like the change of product is the way to produce another one.

That was my point, you never know what unseen factors could lead to a change. There's no reason to think the PG era will be forever, though. No era thus far has. I also have another theory as to why it may happen within a couple of years but it's complicated and one that would go over a lot of people's heads and I won't get into it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lol of course not. He is the only full timer who is a megastar, sure, but there are always times when the future looks bleak as the old guard disappears. WWE won't suck dick forever

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Champ Johnson said:

lol how long has Austin been the number 1 guy? Not even 1/10th of as long as Hogan has been. Even athis 60s Hogan came back in the Ruthless Agression Era, and got a standing obavation for 20 mins, not a second less. No superstar has ever had that. Even if he comes back right now, he will get more pops than the rock did or Austin did.

Nobody can stay at the top of the business for 15 years, not even cena, nobody except hogan.

The Rock would come second and The Undertaker 3rd. Cant see Steve Austin anywhere above the 4th spot.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK said:
lol how long has Austin been the number 1 guy? Not even 1/10th of as long as Hogan has been. Even athis 60s Hogan came back in the Ruthless Agression Era, and got a standing obavation for 20 mins, not a second less. No superstar has ever had that. Even if he comes back right now, he will get more pops than the rock did or Austin did.

Nobody can stay at the top of the business for 15 years, not even cena, nobody except hogan.

subjective

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
JeebaK said:

The Rock would come second and The Undertaker 3rd. Cant see Steve Austin anywhere above the 4th spot.

The 60s? Are you fucking Blue? He was here in the 70's (minnesota) relatively unknown until after he came back from japan. Do your research before you type out your ass, you fucking ingrate. open a tab, google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_Hogan

Born in 1953, so @Jeebak 's stupid ass is saying he was 7? Or are you saying when he turns 60 he will get a 20 minute standing ovation?

You are such a fucking idiot, which is why no one respects your opinion.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Champ Johnson said:
The 60s? Are you fucking Blue? He was here in the 70's (minnesota) relatively unknown until after he came back from japan. Do your research before you type out your ass, you fucking ingrate. open a tab, google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_Hogan

Born in 1953, so @Jeebak 's stupid ass is saying he was 7? Or are you saying when he turns 60 he will get a 20 minute standing ovation?

You are such a fucking idiot, which is why no one respects your opinion.

i said HIS 60's not THE 60s.
Learn2English.com

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Personal feelings aside, there's nothing subjective about comparing the career of a guy who was on top for 3-4 years (with an almost equally popular guy like The Rock there headlining with him) to a guy who main evented for twenty something years and helped in the explosion of popularity in two different companies. Not to mention the hot commodity Hogan already was in AWA before he ever worked for Vince's WWF. The name Hulk Hogan means more to wrestling history than the name Steve Austin. Ask an average person on the street who has never seen a minute of wrestling who Hogan or Austin is, and the vast majority of them will be able to attach Hogan's name to wrestling almost instantly. Hogan transcended wrestling in the same way Ali and Tyson transcended boxing, or Tiger Woods with golfing, or Michael Jordan with basketball, etc.