Is Jinder Getting Over?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Do you mean the SummerSlam '16 match? I'm sorry. Did they do business more recently and I'm totally flaking on it?

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
He's been alright these past three weeks for me. Problem is it has only been three weeks. As far as I'm concerned anyone is a better champion than Orton these days.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
They wouldn't have let Lesnar do what he did to Orton for a month and a half long title reign.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you or anything, but just thinking that Orton got a Royal Rumble win and a title reign because Brock Lesnar beat him up rubs me the wrong way. Boo freaking hoo, that's wrestling, it got out of hand, but he signed the contract, he accepted the pay day, and as far as I'm concerned he doesn't deserve crap

Oh well, that's just an off topic rant

Yep, I think he's getting over. I mean, despite what you may think, I actually like Orton, but just the idea of three jobbers (Jinder and Singh Bros) somehow rising to the top and winning THE most prestigious wrestling championship absolutely amazes me, and unlike James Ellsworth, I and many others actually thinks he has a chance. That kind of unpredictability is exciting, and if he actually wins, I think Smackdown would get so much better because of how unpredictable it would become. Is Jinder going to be booked strong? Is he going to drop it immediately? Will Sami Zayn challenge him one on one? What about Mojo freaking Rawley, he beat Jinder twice, will he get a title shot now too? The possibilities are endless if you don't hinder the Jinder

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
My honest opinion, I feel indifferent about Jinder. Can't really get into his character, I do respect the man though.

Just my opinion

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I think this is the perfect way to elevate a jobber into the mid card. Everyone was already talking about him because of the Finn Balor injury already. He then got a major win and cut a strong promo after having appeared on Talking Smack 2 weeks in a row to state his credentials. Since then he's earned huge heel heat. He'll lose to Orton but people won't forget about him; they'll be excited for his next feud. Doors are now open to matches with Rawley/Zayn/Harper where people actually care about the outcome.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Yes. Yes it was. It's the first time I've ever genuinely feared that a wrestler had just murdered another wrestler in the middle of the ring. My sister still swears blind it was real and that Brock Lesnar shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a wrestling ring any more.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Dude I can't even remember SummerSlam. Was it that noteworthy?
tenor.gif
SS-21.gif

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
In the beginning I was a bit skeptical, but I can honestly say now that I'm starting to like what they're doing with him. He's getting proper heat, and Orton is looking like a proper face in the feud. It works.
Costing Orton the match at Payback was a little controversial, but I feel like it got the job done.

All in all, if this leads to Jinder winning the title, I'd be fine with it. I don't think he'd hold it long though, kinda like what Jericho has done recently with the U.S title. It gives him the credentials, and he would be able to put over young/new talent (Tye Dillinger for example, Shinsuke Nakamura, and hopefully Zayn). Going a little off-topic, one of the only things that I haven't really liked is that Jinder beat Sami semi-clean. Still waiting for that Sami Zayn push :(

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you or anything, but just thinking that Orton got a Royal Rumble win and a title reign because Brock Lesnar beat him up rubs me the wrong way. Boo freaking hoo, that's wrestling, it got out of hand, but he signed the contract, he accepted the pay day, and as far as I'm concerned he doesn't deserve crap

Oh well, that's just an off topic rant

Yep, I think he's getting over. I mean, despite what you may think, I actually like Orton, but just the idea of three jobbers (Jinder and Singh Bros) somehow rising to the top and winning THE most prestigious wrestling championship absolutely amazes me, and unlike James Ellsworth, I and many others actually thinks he has a chance. That kind of unpredictability is exciting, and if he actually wins, I think Smackdown would get so much better because of how unpredictable it would become. Is Jinder going to be booked strong? Is he going to drop it immediately? Will Sami Zayn challenge him one on one? What about Mojo freaking Rawley, he beat Jinder twice, will he get a title shot now too? The possibilities are endless if you don't hinder the Jinder

This I am on the network so have not seen the episodes yet. The one thing I would changeif Jinder is getting a push would be to slow it down a bit and build him up over 2-3 months instead of 2-3 weeks.

I only recently started rewatching so I do not have Orton/Cena fatigue and even I would prefer to see someone new win the strap.

Reactions: Solidus1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Having Jinder go from jobber to champion is not completely unusual. WWE has, in the past, taken guys who no one would have considered champion material due to their constant jobbing and pushed them.

Now while these examples are not exactly comparable to Jinder's situation, they show that this is not unusual.

JBL, although having limited success in his long time tag team with Ron Simmons, was more of less a jobber for the majority of his early WWE career. The APA lost more than they won and before joined the APA, his characters such as Justin Hawk Bradshaw and BlackJack Bradshaw lost about as much as Jinder loses. Yet, when Ron Simmons retired, JBL became WWE Champion within months and had what I consider a really good reign.

Shawn Michaels. Although popular, the Rockers were basically a jobber team. They never got elevated to anything particular. They were almost a better looking and more talented version of the Bushwhackers. But they broke him up with Marty Jannetty, put him in some boring feuds and then quickly elevated him to IC Champion. The rest is history.

And there are others, but I don't feel like giving a history test. The point being is that it is not unheard of. Jinder has some talent and intensity and a story going on for him that is, imo, more interesting than what Orton has going on for him. He most likely won't become champ, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he did.