Is Hip Hop Dead.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

fucking Tech aint comin to Chicago for the K.O.D. tour :(

It's okay I've seen him 5 times already this year alone

straight_edge76

^^Damn lol yeah its my first time seeing him. where im at not many concerts come through he is the 2nd Rap Concert i've been to after Snoop back in 2006

noumenon

I've honestly never liked rap...but a lot of these new guys are catching my ear. I just heard Kid Cudi's album from a friend and I actually thought it was quite good. Kanye's last album was pretty good as well. I like that a lot of these guys are experimenting with some more electronic and ambient sounds. I think they're going to start snagging a lot more fans that way.
I still absolutely cannot stand anything with that autotune bullshit in it...or pretty much anything I've heard from Lil Wayne.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I've honestly never liked rap...but a lot of these new guys are catching my ear. I just heard Kid Cudi's album from a friend and I actually thought it was quite good. Kanye's last album was pretty good as well. I like that a lot of these guys are experimenting with some more electronic and ambient sounds. I think they're going to start snagging a lot more fans that way.
I still absolutely cannot stand anything with that autotune bullshit in it...or pretty much anything I've heard from Lil Wayne.
You must listen to alot of mainstream hip-hop/rap, and wow I never expected you to be listening to the likes of Drake and KiD CuDi.

I recommend these artists for you:

Big Sean
J. Cole
Curren$y
DOOM
Blu
B.o.B.
Wiz Khalifa (non-autotune)
Mickey Factz

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I honestly like mainstream rap more than any rock/alternative mainstream thing that's come out this year, with the exception of New Boyz, Souljaboy, and T-Pain. but Cudi, Jimmy Brooks, Khalifa, and Wale have their own style, and it's not like alt garbage emo-pop bandwagon jumpers like 3oh3, cobra starship, and boys like girls. most of it sounds the same. Hip Hop now is getting smarter, IMO.

off topic, but fuck Jay Sean for ripping off an Imogen Heap song. I hate when sampling good hooks happens to shitty artists.

Reaction score
I didn't think rappers could tour. Too many stabbings and shootings right?

Hometown Kid

Cudi, Jimmy Brooks, Khalifa, and Wale have their own style, and it's not like alt garbage emo-pop bandwagon jumpers like 3oh3, cobra starship, and boys like girls.

Try again. >_>

As far as hip hop goes, like some have said, I really can't take much of the radio stuff.

Talib Kweli, MURS (Legend, this man is!), Eminem (meh.), Lupe (meh.) and Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew (lol.) are worth listening to and actually are usually pretty freakin' awesome.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Try again. >_>

As far as hip hop goes, like some have said, I really can't take much of the radio stuff.

Talib Kweli, MURS (Legend, this man is!), Eminem (meh.), Lupe (meh.) and Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew (lol.) are worth listening to and actually are usually pretty freakin' awesome.

I used to love Boys Like Girls, and I hyped them to my people alot...in 2006. Lovedrunk was just lame, and I haven't heard their new one yet, but I'm not expecting much from it. With any "it" band, there's always one that has better stuff.

3oh3 - Family Force 5
Cobra Starship - Breathe Carolina, October Fall
Boys Like Girls - The Higher, There For Tomorrow, The Matches
LFO.

Kizza

I used to love Boys Like Girls, and I hyped them to my people alot...in 2006. Lovedrunk was just lame, and I haven't heard their new one yet, but I'm not expecting much from it. With any "it" band, there's always one that has better stuff.

3oh3 - Family Force 5
Cobra Starship - Breathe Carolina, October Fall
Boys Like Girls - The Higher, There For Tomorrow, The Matches
LFO.

Breathe Carolina are terrible. I'd rather listen to Attack Attack!

As for rap, I just can't get into it. Not at all my style of music.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Breathe Carolina are terrible. I'd rather listen to Attack Attack!

As for rap, I just can't get into it. Not at all my style of music.

Attack Attack is more on the metal side, I didn't really want to put them in with the pop stuff. but what pisses me off is that most of those bands are big because they are in some way related to Pete Wentz. I guess if you're buddies with him, you're going to be famous eventually.