• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J

So yea as most of you know I am ADDICTED to metal but the thing is most of the members who have been here more than a year and a half no that I was not always a Metal head. I used to be IWF's resident Hip Hop Addicted White Boy. But then shitty stuff started coming out like Soulja Boy and I ended up turning to Metal. I have however been starting to listen to some Hip Hop again and think I'm starting to get my taste back for it. Thing is I'm soooo outta the loop its not even funny. So point of this thread is I want suggestions on newer stuff from Late 08 and this year that proves Hip Hop is still good.

Ps: This in no way means I'm converting back I'm way to addicted to Metal I just wanna see whats good.

Rell

Reaction score
nope, hip hop is far from dead, and will never die. mainstream hip hop was in a bad state for a second, and some would argue it still is, but there will always be DOPE hip hop music out there...always. you just have to look for it, because the radio isnt going to spoon feed it to you, they're gonna continue to play the ig'nant teeny bopper music that helps play the bills.

Blu & Exile - Below the heavens (Hands down certified classic)
Nas - Untitled
Redman - Red Gone Wild
Q-Tip - The Renaissance
The Roots - Rising Down

all these albums dropped in 08 (cept red gone wild), check em out.

J

Should have know I could rely on you Rell. Still need more imput where's the dudes who used to hook me up with suggestions like Milly and others.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Here are some mixtapes/albums that you could give some DL's.

Curren$y- This Ain't No Mixtape
KiD CuDi- A Kid Named CuDi and Dat Kid From Cleveland
Drake- So Far Gone
Mickey Factz- Who The Fuck Is Mickey Factz?
The Cool Kids- Gone Fishing
Wiz Khalifa- Flight School
Asher Roth- Greenhouse Effect vol. 1

Alot more in store...

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Hip Hop ain't dead, it just moved to the interwebs. Mainstream is crap, hands down. FCC made music videos less interesting to watch (can't even look out for a nice piece of ass no more), words are getting censored for no good reason and music today is just sampling wack 80's tunes (Flo Rida's Right Round is basically the same as the Dead or Alive sample). No MVs, no real reason for the media to be watching.

I'll give you artists instead of tapes or albums.

Blu (Google Soul Amazing dl no second thought)
B.o.B aka Bobby Ray
Killer Mike
Evidence (Dilated People's new album coming soon)
Drake
Elzhi
Slaughterhouse

straight_edge76

I think that Rap music is starting to look up again, a year ago I could hardly handle the majority of the shit that was out. Was more about hooks and beats but with the stuff that has been coming out over the last few months (T.I, The Game, Eminem, Asher Roth etc.) I think that things are starting to look up again.

straight_edge76

I do partly agree with that. Him and TI imo were the 2 biggest ressurectors but last summer a few good albums were also released other then Paper Trail, there was The Game's LAX, Nas' untitled album and LL'z album was a pretty gool album as well.

Online OG

Reaction score
UK Grime Scene > US Hoppity-Hip commericial waste land

Wordlife

^AGREED! Alot of underground hiphop is where its at... listen to these artists and you'll see why:

Tech N9ne
Big B
La Coka Nostra
Kottonmouth Kings
Twiztid
Potluck

straight_edge76

Tech N9ne is about as mainstream as a underground artist can get. Twiztid is not technically "underground"

Wordlife

yeah your right, but not many people know who he is though thats the thing

straight_edge76

Overall yes, but he has a reletively large fanbase for a true indie artist.