Is Dolph Ziggler A Future WWE Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wwestephen33

Reaction score
For A couple of years Now I wonder what can ziggler do to impress me? so far he has been a thorn in my side so i wonder what if dolph ziggler became the wwe champion how would he change the wwe landscape forever and more important how long will he hold the title for?

So i want you to answer these questions and who else is a future wwe champion

Thanks For Reading!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have been impressed by what he has done so far but I did think that he was better off on Smackdown. Earlier this year he was in a feud for the World Heavyweight title, and even won it for a day or two, but on RAW he is nowhere near the mainevent and is in the midcard. I think that he does have what it takes to be WWE champion. He can wrestle and can talk when given the chance. I would like to see him without Vickie, I think they have done all they can together and being on his own would freshen him up a bit.

In saying all that if you asked me two years ago if Kofi Kingston would be WWE champion in two years I would have said of course he would. It is strange how WWE works and a midcarder that is on fire one year can have his push stalled quickly and drop back down the card.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am on the other side to Troy here, because I see very little Ziggler and never have. I don't like his interviews they feel very forced, and he does nothing in the ring which makes him stand out from the pack.

As far as if he will be WWE Champion, it is possible, they are pushing more younger talent now, Ziggler seems a guy they are high on, and having already won the US and IC Titles one of the top belts should be coming his way over the next 18 months roughly.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Ziggler does stand out in my eyes. He portrays a mercenary type of a guy - doing things for money, being managed by Vickie, being very businesslike/professional backstage, and having in-ring techniques of a dirty trickster. I like this character, and he is certainly different from many others. What I want to see is progression of this persona; I'd love Ziggler to become that money hungry WHC contender, using nasty strategies to get cash and titles. That's how I would build Ziggler; I don't know which way the creative will go.

I enjoy seeing Ziggler more than I enjoy seeing Kofi, Swagger, and even Bourne. I think he deserves to be the world champion one day, but he needs to prepare for it first.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I just see a great westler, hungry for the spotlight. I don't know if he will ever be a top guy, but he could definitely be a solid upper midcarder who can challenge champions.

He has a good look, good on the mic when given the chance, great wrestler. He has the potential to be a total package, even with a terrible name.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Ziggler is the best young wrestler not to be young champion yet not named Alberto Del Rio (still can't believe they count him as a champion, such stupidity). Ziggler consistently delivers in all his matches, so no idea how somebody can say he doesn't stand out in the ring. The guy has all the tools in the world, he does great spots and excellent ring presence. I am a big time Ziggler fan despite his not so great voice on the mic. This guy is hungry and my main concern is for WWE to not drop the ball on this guy. I don't know how much is loyalty is, but I do hear Ziggler is a big time TNA fan. It would be terrible to see a talent like his go to a rival company. I got faith Ziggler will be a top guy, but I don't his future being on Raw going to the top. He can easily go to SD and be a main eventer. Raw is just too crowded and I don't think they will let him turn face like I want them to do.

Seak

Reaction score
I'm a huge Ziggler fan. He knows exactly what he's doing in the ring and how to put together a great match. He has great match strategy, which is lacking in a lot of young talent. He has the look, the athleticism, and charisma to make it huge. Hopefully he'll make it to a top spot one day.

After his match with Bourne this past week he kept yelling out "Now follow THAT!" I'm really hoping that they let him do more little things along those lines to really start putting him over. He could be a perfect fit for the young, athletic, arrogant heel.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the guy and actually think he is pretty good in the ring. His mic work is alright. World Champ? Not sure maybe down the line but like Deezy I think he could be an upper midcard guy who gets the occasional title shot.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ziggler's probably the most under-rated person on the WWE Roster. He is currently the US Champion, I say once he drops it or something he should be given a slow push towards the main event.

I'd love to see Ziggler vs Rey feud before he gets that push to be honest.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ziggler does stand out in my eyes. He portrays a mercenary type of a guy - doing things for money, being managed by Vickie, being very businesslike/professional backstage, and having in-ring techniques of a dirty trickster. I like this character, and he is certainly different from many others. What I want to see is progression of this persona; I'd love Ziggler to become that money hungry WHC contender, using nasty strategies to get cash and titles. That's how I would build Ziggler; I don't know which way the creative will go.

I enjoy seeing Ziggler more than I enjoy seeing Kofi, Swagger, and even Bourne. I think he deserves to be the world champion one day, but he needs to prepare for it first.

No, Kofi bar sluggish brawling and sometimes mis-timing high risk moves is much better than Ziggler in ring, and is decent on the mic and connects with the audience, Swagger is the best young talent WWE has right now and is being misused and Bourne is the best Light Heavyweight they have and is also being misused.