Is Bryan one of the most over stars of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I don't even remember the Si Si Si chants lol, when did this happen?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I remember it, it was definitely prevalent for at least a month but I'm thinking it was a little closer to two months because I'm pretty sure it rolled through two PPVs idk I might be mistaken. IMO I don't think it compares to the reactions DB gets when he does it, but I think the way their characters were built have something to do with that.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I remember it, it was definitely prevalent for at least a month but I'm thinking it was a little closer to two months because I'm pretty sure it rolled through two PPVs idk I might be mistaken. IMO I don't think it compares to the reactions DB gets when he does it, but I think the way their characters were built have something to do with that.
Oh no, no where near Bryan's level, but I remember kind of laughing to myself when I realized it was really just a spanish version of the DB chant. #Ripoff

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh no, no where near Bryan's level, but I remember kind of laughing to myself when I realized it was really just a spanish version of the DB chant. #Ripoff
Yeah I mean tbh the thought of anyone chanting on behalf of Mexico's Greatest Import makes me laugh :dawg:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
People love to chant "Yes". Doesn't matter if it's Bryan, Big Show, Del Rio, AJ or Punk.

I'm sorry but this is completely inaccurate. I've heard several WWE fans yell and chant "YES!" even if DB is out or not, true. However, the crowd erupts and freaks out (chanting it louder and crazier) because he's the culprit of this chant and he made it big. That's like saying that because the fans chant "wOOOO!!!" the whole night at every arena that Ric Flair didn't make it famous and they don't chant it more when he comes out. Of course the fans do. "YES!" and "WOO!!" are popular chants regardless of the superstars who started them, true, but the crowds chant "YES!" not only because it's catchy and fitting for situations but they're also chanting it because they want to see DB; hence why they go ballistic when he comes out. There's no comparison of a random "YES" chant vs. the "YES!" chant when DB actually comes out.

Reactions: Cloud