Is Bryan one of the most over stars of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Damn, that gif doesn't need sound to look swell & dandy. Can't belive such a Blue schtick like "YES!" is so incredibly over and practically made his career.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
When you consider all the shit he went through? Yes. We had Bryan being crushed by the Authority twice a week, getting screwed over on PPV over and over, getting beaten in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania, being stuck in a comedy tag team (even though it was a legitimately funny one and kept Bryan as a serious wrestler), taking jobs all the time in that team and being called the "weak link", we've seen him insulted by the Authority non-stop and never given any kind of comeback, never felt human or upset at the Authority, seen him get pushed aside in favor of Cena and Show... all of this just pissed the fans off more and made us love the guy even more. It's almost like some ingenious master plan on their part.

He really is the modern-day Undertaker, every time you bury him he comes back more over.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Not going to put to down Bryan as he is awesome in the ring, but I agree that "YES" and "NO" chants HAVE been used for just about anything by the WWE Universe now that its popular. Its just that when Bryan is out there its that much louder.

And @Slim Shady , it was definitely more than one show that the crowd got behind Del Rio with the "Si!" chants. He used to do it everytime he was getting ready for the arm breaker finisher. Hell, I remember seeing signs that said "Si! Si! Si!" The WWEU just loves to chant that stuff. Reminds me of the "Whaaaaat!?" chants that SCSA started and still occur to this day to an extent.

Reactions: HEELKris

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He is insanely over, and that ending on Raw was legendary stuff. Just awesome to see, the crowd went crazy with the guy.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Outside of Yes chants his reactions really aren't that amazing. People like DB, LOVE chanting yes for whatever reason.

edit: I haven't watched Raw yet either before someone quotes me citing last night.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'd mark for :woo:eek:ver :yes:anyday in a chant off sry DB fans :p I'm in it for the Woo Woo Woos! not the Yes's :)

wils172

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
www.themefreak.net
Is DB one of the most over stars of all time? :yes:

Would he still be this over without the 'Yes' / 'No' Gimmick? :yes:

Sure the chant helps, but the fans regularly chant his name as well. More often and much louder than any other superstar.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sure the chant helps, but the fans regularly chant his name as well. More often and much louder than any other superstar.

I wish they would shout "You're Welcome!" whenever DS does it! :sandow:
^Like they do when the Real Americans go "We the People" and maybe like 20 people shout in with em.

I went to a WWE Live show recently with him performing and I was like one of two marks for him it was sooo sad :eek:
I wanna go to a RAW or SD taping and see if it's any better, I think SD is in Toledo next week and he's got a match I might make a spontaneous trip up there.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wrong. Del Rio's "Si! Si! Si!" chants were always loud.
No where near the same level as Bryan to be fair plus that lasted what a month? Bryan has sustained this for a long time now.