Is Bryan one of the most over stars of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Week after week, no matter what jobber city they're in, he gets these incredible reactions from the fans. Last night's RAW was insane because every single crowd member was shouting their tits off in support of Bryan. How long before he's considered one of the most over superstars of all time? Obviously people might mention drawing, but I'm talking about reactions of live crowds alone here. His catch phrase has broke the barriers of WWE which very few have done before. What do you think?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I probably haven't seen enough 80's-90's wrestling to comment on it enough, but the guy seems to be on the path to getting to that point. He goes further than just getting loud reactions, he plays the crowd to the palm of his hands. Him gradually yessing and yessing faster with the crowd in unison last night was crazy. I absolutely can't wait for the visual of it at Wrestlemania.

He has definitely not gotten a pop to this magtinute (yet), though:

Last edited:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I probably haven't seen enough 80's-90's wrestling to comment on it enough, but the guy seems to be on the path to getting to that point. He goes further than just getting loud reactions, he plays the crowd to the palm of his hands. Him gradually yessing and yessing faster with the crowd in unison was crazy. I absolutely can't wait for the visual of it at Wrestlemania.

He has definitely not gotten a pop to this magtinute (yet), though:

That AE pop :gusta:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
For sure, he is on Rock and SCSA levels. I cant wait for Mania 30, look at the YES! after his match at 29 and imagine it a year later and how much more over he is.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Also just found this:
SEj3OoR.gif

HEELKris

Jobber
Reaction score
People love to chant "Yes". Doesn't matter if it's Bryan, Big Show, Del Rio, AJ or Punk.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
People love to chant "Yes". Doesn't matter if it's Bryan, Big Show, Del Rio, AJ or Punk.
Its Bryan, try send RybAxel or Del Rio out there and watch the crowd die.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Wrong. Del Rio's "Si! Si! Si!" chants were always loud.

Keyword were.

Feed Me More was (and still is) fun to chant, yet why don't people chant it anymore? You could argue because he's a heel now, but Daniel Bryan has gotten large yes chants regardless of being a face or not.

This is the stupidest argument in the book. Daniel Bryan is insanely popular, I don't know how anyone with half-a-brain could argue otherwise.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
In this day and age of the WWE Universe, DB is definitely on a top tier level of talented performers of all time. He's entertaining to watch, he's had quite the storyline soo far not too mention he's engaged to Brie.. lucky bastard :)

Anthony

Jobber
Reaction score
and when he's kicking.....ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes!

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Wrong. Del Rio's "Si! Si! Si!" chants were always loud.
Only for a week...... on Smackdown........with crowd edits.......

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
In terms of crowd reaction, he's one of the most over in several years. All time is probably stretching it if you mean top five or ten. I also wouldn't say he's easily the most over of the last several years either. Randy Orton is at least tied seeing as how he was getting huge babyface pops everywhere he went from 2010-2013, too... only he didn't have a chant that's over on it's own.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
In terms of crowd reaction, he's one of the most over in several years. All time is probably stretching it if you mean top five or ten. I also wouldn't say he's easily the most over of the last several years either. Randy Orton is at least tied seeing as how he was getting huge babyface pops everywhere he went from 2010-2013, too... only he didn't have a chant that's over on it's own.

How in the hell did he keep so over those last two years whilst feuding with guys like Del Rio? Always been a wonder for me.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY