Is Brock really a Bitch?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
I know they could be saving this for a later point but....this feud...as "real" as they want us to believe it is...is nothing like Cena/Rock where you believed the hatred. While Brock has been shooting (poorly) on Cena, what has Cena done? "I....WILL....FIGHT!" the same schlock we get from him. And I wouldnt mind if it was him taking on Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, or even Dolph Ziggler. But you have a man who comes back and says "yeah he was nothing before I left" which is right. The only reason Cena was made was because Brock turned tail and ran like a punk as bitch because the travel was too hard.

So I think that Brock has such sway with Vince or Trips that Cena is NEVER going to bring that fact up. I mean Edge BARELY hinted at it and that was all.

Thoughts?

...god...

Reaction score
Actually I find it far more believable Brock dislikes Cena more than Rock does... I mean he punched him right in his face and busted him open. What did Rocky do besides speak a lot (albeit it was awesome/funny) and then shake his hand and smile at the press conference. How in God's name someone would indicate that Brock isn't doing an excellent job of selling this storyline and this "I don't give a fuck" character is beyond me because his promos, facials, and general attitude of his character since returning have been 2x better than when he left. He's really one of the only things to watch for me nowadays, besides Y2J/Punk/Bryan/KANE. Cena, yeah, he's awful, but I kinda like the fact that he's afraid of Lesnar really selling him as a monster. Eh, I just can't stand Cena, I'd be happy and content with Brock 'putting him out' indefinitely after this Sunday. And what could Cena possibly say to Brock? What he had on Rock was Rock came back and said he came back for the fans and for the passion of this business. Brock said the EXACT opposite, he came back to make money and be the face of the company, whether the fans like it or not he could give a shit. He also shows up to about each and every Raw. He left and achieved far more success than he ever has in a very PHYSICAL environment (not movies). It's brilliant, really. Honestly, in a perfect world, I would have him put Cena out straight up, and have him go through the roster just destroying everyone. And in the end have either Orton or Punk beat him on a big PPV. I'd say Bryan, but that'd never happen.

Reaction score
Brock's not a bitch, he's a fucking smart business man. He was pushed to the moon in a way no one was ever pushed. Got rep, ran to the NFL, made a practice squad somewhat based on his rep but mainly on his athletic ability. Had a cup of coffee in Japville where he made a boatload of cash off his rep. Went to the UFC, used his rep and immensely unfair size advantage to rise to the top of a dilapidated and largely forgotten heavyweight division, sold himself with the carny mentality he learned in wrestling. Got destroyed, knew his gravy train ended and went back to the place he knew his reputation would garner him mad money. Brock needs the WWE, thing is, he knows the WWE needs him just as much if not more. He's fucking smart. He's a major douche who can be pinpointed as the guy who helped ruin the WWE's talent philosophy, but at the end of it all, he's a fucking smart man. Who the fuck else gets to wear non WWE endorsed promotional camp to the ring? WWE is making jack shit off of Lesnar right now and we'll see if they recoup money immediately when the numbers come back from Sunday.

All this being said, Lesnar is playing a fairly well rooted reality based character. It's pretty fucking awesome and I'm wondering when the "UFC is real-WWE is fake" dynamic will come into play, if ever. I've noticed subtle, yet visible transitions into making the in ring product more "real". Jericho-Punk at Mania was super mat based, Daniel Bryan's Youtube Video working out at Couture's gym, and more ground based work in general.

I like it, don't mind Lesnar one bit and call him what you want, he's pimping the E for cash and will leave when he wants and use it as his personal cash machine when necessary. Hate Lesnar for the past, respect him for his business savvy in the present. Fuck Vince. Fuck HHH. Fuck them for mistreatment of guys like Mick Foley and JR and Edge.

Only thing I'd do differently is I wouldn't be working Cena-Lesnar this soon. I'd have built it one more month as opposed to having it headline the Mania blow off show.

...god...

Reaction score
you realize they sell that shirt on WWE.com, right.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I just think it's interesting that Brock has the stroke to "shoot" on Cena, but as of now, John's just giving us professional wrestling shtick. "Smart man" yeah, I guess....but he severely damaged the WWE for a few years, and now he comes back and once again, just like before, its all about him and guys like Dolph Ziggler have to ride the pine while Cena has to throw Brock softball because Brock's wittle ego might hurt hurt! It's such crap.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Wait, how did Brock hurt the WWE? By wanting to be real?

So WWE tried to throw the "realest" character they could at us, in Cena, for 7-8 years, and it amounted to what? Cena, Orton, and an entire roster of jobbers?

I mean, the entire purpose of Cena/Rock from Cena's standpoint was to prove that being real was the way to go and that he was the realest because he's here every week to show that he loves this and all that other jazz.

BTW, I wouldn't put money on Brock being too big to be beat... Vince paid him top fucking dollar... you really think Brock would have a problem taking a loss if it's all for the money? Brock losing starts a program for next year's Mania where BROCK "has to overcome the odds".

...god...

Reaction score
Count it.

He still has his MMA sponsors pasted all over his shirt, getting free pluggage on WWE tv. Lesnar's double dipping, again, a brilliant business man.
oh ya, true, forgot about that ROFL.

He does got some big perks as mentioned above, he doesn't strike me as much of an ego guy though, dunno. I think he'd be willing to do jobs and help the company knowing just about every fuckin guy who was anyone did the same for him when he was upcoming (as you saw on those countless videos on Raw where he/they buried TNA, LOL). Like I mentioned, I'd love to see him tap to Bryan after a huge run, would be SICK.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I love how some guys here defended Cena for the last 5 years and now they say he sucks ..

monkeystyle

Reaction score
My biggest problem with this is that nobody is playing on the same level here. Brock is saying whatever he wants about Cena, and that's fine. It sounds good and it makes sense for him to say. However Cena isn't responding back in the same manner which is creating a huge disparity between the two.

Actually, it's very reminiscent of Cena's feud with the Rock. Rocky was all fun and jokes while Cena was serious as shit and for that reason the feud never really clicked for me.

Hell, it was the same problem with CM Punk when he started his pipe bomb bit. He was doing things at an entirely different level than his opponents and it hurts them when they don't fire back in the same manner.

Ultimately though, the fault doesn't fall at any of their feet. It's up to the WWE to ensure that guys respond in an appropriate manner.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
All this being said, Lesnar is playing a fairly well rooted reality based character. It's pretty fucking awesome and I'm wondering when the "UFC is real-WWE is fake" dynamic will come into play, if ever.

Missed this before. Ideally it will never happen. What a way to take a giant dump on your business and pimp somebody else's.

Reaction score
It would be so, so awesome if someone came out, told the crowd wrestling was indeed more real. If it weren't, Benoit would be alive today, so would the 40 million other wrestlers who died before 45 years of age.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
God it'd be awesome for Brock to win the Championship and just go on a huge reign as champ to bring credibility back to the belt, then when he finally lost people would actually be interested, for the past few years its just pretty much been the same guys losing it to one another within short amounts of time with a couple of exceptions. I think if they had Brock win it an destroy everyone for a good 9 months or so itd be freaking awesome, then you could go the whole 'make a new star' route and have an up an comer beat him.