Is Brock Lesnar Going Back to the UFC?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Following a loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 140, former champion Brock Lesnar announced his retirement from mixed martial arts.

Since that time the former NCAA champion has returned to the world of professional wrestling where he signed a new deal to compete in the WWE.
But on Saturday night, Lesnar was in the crowd for UFC 146 and spoke to both UFC president Dana White and co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta. So what was the reason for Lesnar’s appearance at UFC 146?

“I don’t know, apparently now he’s a big fan,†White said following the fights.

Reading more into the situation, Lesnar being at the fights might mean more than him just being a casual fan enjoying the sport.

“He was here; I think that says it all,†White said with a wry smile.

When asked directly if Lesnar was contemplating a comeback to fighting, White admitted that he hadn’t talked with him about a return, but answered “possibly, yeah†when discussing a potential MMA rebirth for the one time heavyweight champion.

There appears to be more to this story than meets the eye, but White would only reveal so much on Saturday night.
One thing is for sure, quite a few eyebrows are sure to raise with the prospect of Brock Lesnar possibly returning to the UFC for one more run in the heavyweight division.
- Dana says he and Brock are going to talk later tonight #RAW #UFC #WWE
- Brock texted Dana a week and a half ago and said he wanted to come to show, and to keep it secret #RAW #UFC #WWE
This is rather interesting indeed if true. You'd have imagined that Vince would have locked him exclusively to the WWE in his contract when they signed, but there's no doubt Lesnar would have had real bargaining power when they were negotiating over the contract in the first place, so god knows what could have gone down. Gonna be an interesting story to follow that's for sure.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am pretty sure that Brock was still covered by his UFC deal when he signed with WWE so techincally he is signed to both companies. I really can't see him returning as a fighter for UFC, I think that he was sincere when he said that his family didn't want him doing it anymore and that his body couldn't handle it. No real surprise that he showed up at UFC 146 since it was an all heavyweight card.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Dang... the guy shows up to watch a card and people jump up... oh he's going to sign, he is going to go back, he is going to fight again... he is there to watch fights live like many thousands of fans all over the world do. He fought, he had his success, but his ailments and disease wouldn't allow for a good run cause body shots would be his undoing.

He isn't going back. He was just visiting.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think it was just to drum up some attention.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This report reminds me of when Undertaker was seen at an UFC event and people kept talking about Lesnar/Taker for Mania. It was off-base speculation just because a star is seen in the crowd. Of course, that had at least more merit because they had some words.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Lesnar, IMO, needs to stop putting himself out there at UFC events and spend more time re-learning how to freakin' wrestle. Watching his match with Cena was embarrassing with all of the things he forgot over the years. I'm aware they're pushing him as a shoot fighter in a sense but he only used like 2 real wrestling moves. The rest of the time he just did a ground and pound offense. A lot of people thought it was intense but I found it to be awful, especially the spot where he used the steps to......try and tackle Cena on the apron I guess? Lesnar needs to use this time off to watch some old tapes of his matches and try and regain that old Brock Lesnar style and scale down the UFC crap because that never translates well into WWE (see Dan Severn). Ken Shamrock learned to wrestle so he had success.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sounds like you telling the man to not go to UFC events. He is a fan and has a right. Celebs get pointed out at the events. Former champs get pointed out at the events. He is still a former UFC heavyweight champion with TWO successful title defenses. He brought loads of fans to the UFC. He did real good for the UFC in his time there.

The problem isn't him... its when people want to speculate everything just cause he was shown on camera watching the show.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Naw what I'm saying is when Vince McMahon is paying the guy millions upon millions of dollars and looking at his subpar performance at Extreme Rules, he could use all of his spare time in the gym training and watching old tapes studying the art of professional wrestling, seeing as how he's a professional wrestler again. I'm not dogging him out for attending a UFC event but if I was him I'd stay on the downlow, at least to sell his current storyline if nothing else as a guy who's conquered it all and can rest on his laurels for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I mean if you a former champion in the organization... and you happen to show up... the cameras are gonna find you. I mean it is pretty hard to miss a guy as huge as him. You can't be like... okay you can go to this event but don't show up on camera. I mean i could see if he was at a TNA event how that would be really really messed up but this is UFC, his old stomping grounds. And being the kind of guy that he is... pretty sure he wasn't like... HEY LOOK I'M HERE PUT ME ON CAMERA! But was more reserved which was how he looked when the camera was on him. Besides that is just one night out of many so surely he is working on his craft.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
We shall see if he has when he steps into the ring with Triple H at SummerSlam. I've just never been a fan of Lesnar and even more so with his current run. Watching Extreme Rules was horrendous IMO.

AF.

Reaction score
People making a big deal out of things is the problem. Not Brock visiting the UFC.

I'm out.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- As noted before, Brock Lesnar met with UFC President Dana White on Saturday night in Las Vegas. The meeting reportedly did not go over well. If Lesnar's appearance at Saturday's UFC 146 event gets mentioned on Monday's RAW, then the whole thing is likely storyline related.
Not sure who the meeting didn't go over well with, i'm guessing the WWE? I know Dana has said in the past he has respect for Vince so I wouldn't be surprised if these two who were in talks with each other as they could easily play a storyline out between the two companies without it affecting the UFC's legitimacy. Brock shows up at UFC shows and Dana can say that he's in talks to rejoin the company, while on the flip side the WWE says that because he has been "fired" he's pursuing his MMA career again. Both companies get should get more exposure with people talking about it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This could possibly help him. Who knows, maybe this could be part of the storyline where Brock challenges Cena, or whoever he comes back to feud with in a UFC style match.

Ryan

Reaction score
Not sure who the meeting didn't go over well with, i'm guessing the WWE? I know Dana has said in the past he has respect for Vince so I wouldn't be surprised if these two who were in talks with each other as they could easily play a storyline out between the two companies without it affecting the UFC's legitimacy. Brock shows up at UFC shows and Dana can say that he's in talks to rejoin the company, while on the flip side the WWE says that because he has been "fired" he's pursuing his MMA career again. Both companies get should get more exposure with people talking about it.

No way UFC would engage in a storyline with WWE. As soon as news got out that they were involved in a wrestling storyline, they WILL lose legitimacy with the fans they work so hard to please. I'd be pissed if I found out that UFC, a company that once spoke out against EliteXC staging fights, was revealed to be working with WWE on a storyline. Stick to the sport of MMA, UFC, not sports entertainment.