Is 1 match worth paying $40 or $30?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

First off, this should be in a General Wrestling category, since it pertains to both TNA, and WWE, but since we don't have that section, I just put it in the section that would get the most views.

Ok, after seeing ROH/TNAisWrestling's thread about one particular match, is one match worth paying $30 or $40 to see? I mean granted, most of you prolly don't actually buy PPVs that often. Most of you prolly just catch a stream, but say you are a regular WWE fan, and buy some of the PPVs. Is there 1 match that would make you buy one PPV by itself.

Say like for instance in the WWE:

Elimination Chamber
HIAC
Others....

TNA:

King of the Mountain
Ultimate X
Others.....

Whats your take?

chessarmy

No way, no no no no! I would not pay 30 or 40 bucks for 1 match, thats the same exact price as a TNA PPV, its not worth it.

Plus, I can find the match on youtube or on a torrent site. 5 bucks maybe, but 30 to 40 is way too much

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
i would pay 40 bucks if the only time you could see it was the ppv. i mean there would be no replays from the ppv, no pictures, and immediately after the footage was destroyed. and there was no torrents or it was not able to be downloaded.

but thats never going to happen so no

CT Styles

If it was Shawn Michaels winning the WWE or World title then yes but otherwise no, unless it was going to be an absolute classic

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Nah I have never ordered a PPV. I just wait to see if it is any good then I hire the DVD and watch the matches I want to watch

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
The only PPV I order is Wrestlemania and we have a party with a $10 cover charge (we order food too). So everyone throws in 10 bucks and we order pizza and watch what should be the best show of the year.

kingovkings

Reaction score
for 1 match nah no way if its a full ppv then yeah i dnt mind i order all the wwe ppv's except dec 2 dec lol

Beer Money Army

the Last ppv i ordered was ECW ONS 2005.... I was going order vengeance 2005 cause it had 4 matches i wanted to see.. but budgetting sucks...

but no it isn't worth it...

If i got ROH PPV's on aussie cable i'd probably would order them because they hardly ever have an shit match.... Or overbooked shit....

my Mate orders every WWE PPV tho... But i buy them when they come out on DVD it's 20-25 bucks.. Aussie cable there either 30-35 Bucks... (which is 25-30 U.S. Dollars).. but i like to keep my collection running as i own basically every WWE PPV from Cyber Sunday 2007....

I would tell you what. i wouldnt order summerlsam 2007 even if it was 15 bucks... that was one of the worst summerslams in sometime.... havent watch orton/cena yet on it... But for it to be WWE 2nd or 3rd biggest PPV you would hope for it's A+ shit.

I havent ordered an TNA one yet on Aussie TV. Was going order the PPV that Had Joe/Angle tho.... But forgot about it

the dark knight

some pay per views can not be watched unless its live so, have to order. and you can never rely on streams.....

vickymania

Reaction score
hmmm..why waste the money when u can just download the thing after 1 day from the net..you're not gonna die if u dont watch it live,are you??

phantomgerald

Cause not only is watching it live getting it earlier and clearer, it is also legal. Not like any of you care anyway.

As for the thread question, I would order it only if there are two matches that are good enough to be match of the year. Maybe like a John Cena and Michaels match on Raw and have it go around 45 minutes then have a specialty multi-wrestler match like MITB or Elimination Chamber. Then I'll buy it.

JHar888

Reaction score
The only PPV I order is Wrestlemania and we have a party with a $10 cover charge (we order food too). So everyone throws in 10 bucks and we order pizza and watch what should be the best show of the year.

LOL, funny that you said it, because I do a similar thing. I usually go over to my friend's house and order pizza, but his brother's a kayfabe so it sucks, and he cried when Khali choked Kane last year. That, Backlash, and Genesis are the only ones I ever get...dunno why though.

EDIT - Yeah, agreed with the boy above me.

Montana

Nope, to me a poor ppv is worth maybe 5 bucks, average ppv 8-10, a great ppv is worth 10-20 depending how good. No way i'd pay over 20 for a wrestling ppv.

And to me one match doesnt matter, i enjoy the whole show in its entirety.

For Example wm 23 on ppv looked to be about 12 bucks.

RR 08 will likely be about 8 bucks

ROH Undeniable 12 bucks

and this is assuming im at home bored on sunday night.

Kaedon

Reaction score
If you have the money. Why not?

the dark knight

hmmm..why waste the money when u can just download the thing after 1 day from the net..you're not gonna die if u dont watch it live,are you??
whats the fucking point of watching scripted wrestling when you already know the fucking results? fuck spoilers and whoever read spoilers.

and LMAO at all of you cheap motherfuckers who dont pay for PPVs, then you bitch about the WWE not listening to their fans...what fans? fans=people who get them money....so as far as im concerned, only this guy and I have the right to bitch about the wwe on this forum.