Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett injured during SmackDown taping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WWE.com has confirmed that Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett suffered a shoulder injury during Tuesday night's SmackDown taping.

WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann spoke to WWE.com about the titleholder's condition, explaining that the English Superstar " ... sustained an injury to his right shoulder when he was thrown into the barricade by Jack Swagger."

"After Barrett felt an immediate pain and a pop," continued Amann, "we brought him back to the training room and the exam showed a separated shoulder. We’re going to do some additional testing this week and then sit down with him and talk about options for treatment for this injury.â€￾

As of yet, no official determination has not been made yet in terms of Barrett's participation in Sunday's Money in the Bank Contract Ladder Match.

Check back with WWE.com for more details as they become available. And don't miss SmackDown this Friday at 8/7 CT to see how it all went down.
This is terrible news, BNB is incredible.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I hope it's not to serious. Didn't he get injured last time while having a title as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Incredible at getting injured at inopportune times tbh. Hope it's nothing too serious but if he's this fragile maybe he shouldn't be wrestling. Besides, the BNB character doesn't really have to wrestle, he'd make a great manager/commentator.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well this sucks. I was just starting to enjoy him.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Sucks for Wade, I'm starting to think that title is more of a curse these days.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Well, this isn't the first time he has been injured before a MITB match. Really sucks for BNB.

Joey

Reaction score
Fackkkkkkk if I miss BNB, I'm gonna be pissed

Fanged Fury

He's like Mr. Anderson was in WWE. Wasn't Mr. Anderson prone to injuries back when he was in WWE? It's sad though because I love watching Bad News Barrett every week. I even started using his catchphrase a lot, "I got some bad news for ya'll!" I agree with Fuji that he could work as a manager or commentator, if he has to be.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
A separated shoulder is no fun, for certain, but definitely nothing big as he won't have to acquire surgery. I don't see him being out longer for anymore than 3 months if his rehab's done right.