Induced labour lets dying man see daughter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
resizer.aspx

A US mother had her labour induced early so her terminally ill husband could see their baby daughter before he died.

Mark Aulger, 52 was diagnosed with colon cancer in April last year, which later led to pulmonary fibrosis. On January 16, the couple learned the condition was fatal.

When Diane Aulger, 31 asked how long her husband had, the response was five or six days.

"It was like his lungs were soaked in concrete," Mrs Aulger told ABC News.

"They couldn’t inhale or pass oxygen through to his blood or to the rest of the body."

Their daughter wasn't due for another two weeks, so they decided to have the labour induced.

Mark Aulger held his daughter Savannah for about 45 minutes after her birth.

"He cried and he just looked very sad," Mrs Aulger said.

Soon after Mr Aulger fell into a coma, and Mrs Aulger was forced to explain to her children why he was "sleeping". When she told them the news her son asked her if her dad would survive.

"I said no and he screamed and my eight-year-old screamed and cried and said 'I'm not going to have a daddy'," Mrs Aulger said.

Her husband died five days later at age 52 with his daughter Savannah in his lifeless arms.

"I put her in his arms and held his hand until he died," Mrs Aulger said.

Friends, family, neighbours and a company that the family was working with before Mr Aulger's illness have been touched by the story and have volunteered to replace the couple’s roof.

Mr Aulger had planned to reconstruct the roof before he died.

"He had dreams and aspirations to get his home in that condition and we want to help bring that through even though he's not here," a volunteer said.

ninemsn

So sad but at least he got to see his child

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
That made my night. It really did. I love the fact that they would think of doing that and while I do find it a bit of a taunt that he will never see the girl he held in his arms grow up, it allowed him to spend one final moment with every one of the people that he cares about.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Good grief, talk about some depressing news for Monday morning here. On the bright side at least he got to see his daughter.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
depressing, but heartwarming at the same time. A nice change of pace from the usual people we get in the news though.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
That actually made me cry.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
God that is one of them heart jerking news stories you see, I mean that's like you're happy for him that he got to see his daughter but at the same time he wont' her grow up and the kids have to grow up now with a dad go thought important moments in life they'd need there dad there for. :( so sad how life works sometimes.