In Hindsight I'm pissed off with Kidd vs Tensai

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Match length is void if you're feuding with Albert -- someone who's not over at all. That's not the point. If it's a back and forth long match then Kidd isn't the underdog, he's just a guy who can compete with Tensai. If it's a short lucky win, and then a few beatdowns after, he's solidified as the underdog .

A match that Tensai dominates, with Tyson occasionally having little flurrys to keep fans interested. Eventually the fans start to care and really want Tyson to win, making them get emotionally invested and care about the match.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
You should be taken out back and put down for even loosely comparing this feud with Aries/Bully. Shame on you

The feud itself is the same. The people in it are different. I'm not comparing Tyson to Aries and (especially) Tensai to Bully. I'm saying you book it the exact same way, except using the beatdowns Tensai's been giving (with progressively more hope spots thrown in) to compensate for the fact that that guy should never see a microphone, and then build up to a Summerslam match that...

Well, there's a problem. How would you book the payoff match? Usually you'd do the whole "Heel dominates, then the face fights back at the end and overcomes that beatdown" but Cena's done that crap every week for so long that the fans would just roll their eyes...

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
A match that Tensai dominates, with Tyson occasionally having little flurrys to keep fans interested. Eventually the fans start to care and really want Tyson to win, making them get emotionally invested and care about the match.

As I said, everything COULD be better. Do the pros not outweigh the cons here?

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm happy that Kidd got a match. The match was short because it was a TV match on Raw that didn't involve Cena, so it was quick. I'm interested to see how they'll continue this feud, but it's clear that if they book monster vs underdog correctly here Kidd will be over.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
As I said, everything COULD be better. Do the pros not outweigh the cons here?

Definitely. I just think it could've been booked a lot better.

Still Tyson owns and Triple H seems to like him, good times.