IMPACT! on AXS TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You know we are in December and this is the Season of giving and Impact to me didn't give me what I wanted and that is a good Show especially Wrestling wise. This is the time where you need to start getting a bunch of momentum heading into Hard to Kill, and I feel they went two steps back with this Show. I'm happy to say that I'll be able to get the smell of this Impact off of me when I watch NXT, and AEW Dynamite. Okay so the opening contest with RVD vs Rhino under "Old School Rules" was nothing special. This "new RVD" is just more posing and kissing on his Woman and boy it was a mental and physical struggle to see both of these guys work during their Match. You know RVD during his last run with Impact became Impact World Champion and you could see him with that chip on his Shoulder doing his thing out there, this is just sad to see watch for me being a massive RVD fan especially during his ECW days. What made it sadder was when RVD hit Dreamer going for the Jaw/Face and instead of went to the Stomach and Dreamer still sold it as if he got in the Face.

Moose vs Acey Romero. Acey should be blessed to even be walking after the ugly fall he took Months back. This is was a okay Match trying to get people behind Acey, neither guy did their job of making me care about them being out there. Moose should of at least attacked Acey after the Match, but hey he has a Match with Joey Ryan we gotta save him. Suzie had a flashback this Week seeing pieces of her former self as Mitchell is trying to keep her within his grasp. I guess she is going back as Su Yung and Rosemary is going to be her partner. She just might kill James Mitchell it could happen!

Bahh vs Singh. A okay bout, but it felt like it just to have the run in with TJP. Oh hey TJP did you have fun on your Wrestling Tour? I hope you plan on staying longer than a few Weeks. Now we get to Wrestler's Court which early on I was like come on guys this is trash, but I liked it as it went on. Who knew Joey Ryan was so evil..back in my dad a Penis was a Stretcher and they better give Swinger his rizzats, pay envelopes, and bag of pizzillz. Tag Team Open was good and easily the best thing from the Show and Swann had to once again put it it on back to get a win. It's too obvious to see Mack is turning soon and it should be interesting how that comes off and if people get behind it.

The Cage Segment that RVD crashed with Forbes had me rolling so RVD is forgetting where he is now welp no way he's just blazing. RVD is going to get merked by Cage when that Match inked in this isn't 1999 Robbie V Cage is going blow you up. Tessa vs Fulton of course ends in a DQ to save Tessa, and then we get a below average Main Event between Shamrock and Callihan. Callihan did what he could with Ken who seemed to gassed within minutes into the Match, but he got stuff over like only he can.

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
btw that gurl with James Mitchell is that Su Yung without make up if so God Damn!

I mean RVD's GF > but still

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
btw that gurl with James Mitchell is that Su Yung without make up if so God Damn!

I mean RVD's GF > but still

Yeah it is Su Yung. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I would say that Forbes doesn't do it for me. I'm a big fan of bootie and thighs and I'm not if what I saw is real or not.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
izsFiSa.gif

Looking at the Card tonight now this looks to be a great Show. Tessa/Sami confronation, Grace vs Tenille for the first time in Impact, Daga vs TJP, Ace Austin vs Petey Williams, Joey Ryan vs Acey Romero, and Swann vs Ethan Page!​

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
izsFiSa.gif

Looking at the Card tonight now this looks to be a great Show. Tessa/Sami confronation, Grace vs Tenille for the first time in Impact, Daga vs TJP, Ace Austin vs Petey Williams, Joey Ryan vs Acey Romero, and Swann vs Ethan Page!​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Looks like we're in for some fantastic matches.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
That is what I wanna see Impact a good Show that is sorely needed with Hard to Kill vastly approaching. You know a Flu or not I'm not gonna mess my Wrestling no matter how much I'm throwing up. Grace vs Dashwood was a solid opener with Grace continuing to get wins as her big Knockout Title Match is coming toward her. Dashwood let's be honest has been a failed experiment so far and I just how much longer if this works out for her or she finds a new home somewhere else when her deal is done.

You know it doesn't too much to get a Match these days especially Moose and Rhino. Moose was talking about how his spear is better and he won over RVD, then he just gores Moose and there we go a Match at Hard to Kill ha. Come on you gotta love Ethan Page playing the Devil's Advocate with Swann and Mack. He's getting in the head of Mack enough you can see it and it's great to watch.

TJP vs Daga. I like the Wrestling of counter to counter throughout the Match, not sure if the fans enjoyed it wholeheartedly. Daga I rather of wanted to see get a win here considering he's new to alot of fans who watch Impact and you keep building him up as Konnan's next big protege well build on that please. TJP do we really know he's staying with Impact for the long haul because he is another guy I wonder what is the plan for him. We get this good Match then Desi Hit Squad shows up to ruin the party and they all deserve Coal for Christmas for their actions.

More making out with RVD and Forbes that leads to a Segment of him doing the same thing with Forbes in the Ring. RVD really thinks Cage especially has been using his moves as a tribute to him boy he's in for a nightmare when it faces Cage at Hard to Kill. Pretty good Segment and who knows maybe Cage might be able to bring out a classic bout with him. Taya still is trying to get back up with Madison and Kiera it's smart of those two ladies to ask for Title shots if she expects them to help her out going forward.

Swann vs Page. Another good showing for Swann as Page keeps fucking around with Swann and Mack. I wonder when the turn finally happens if happens at the end at Hard to Kill or during the middle, or how about early? Swinger being upset at Joey Ryan disrespecting his business and scaring away all the rizzrats is the funniest thing ever to me. Swinger should be arrested with what he wears out there. Still Ryan wins over Acey, but it seems to have a bigger problem with Swinger which I bet they have a fun filled dumb idea to see how these two deal with their problems.

Austin vs Williams. A fine Match, but at this point I'm like Petey just turn Heel already it's not working with you as a Face. Ace wins and instead of saying Adrian I did it, he says I like to dedicate his win to Trey's Mom! Boy can he play the asshole role so well. Good to see later Trey slap the shit outta Ace later he earned that one!

The Closing Segment with Sami Callihan and the fight with Tessa Blanchard was fire. I needed what Sami said to Tessa and Tessa come back no talk out there just fists. I love seeing those two fight and take it to the Streets we keep seeing Tessa no matter what Sami throws at her she keeps coming back wanting more. Tessa could be bleeding all over and that could happen at Hard to Kill and she'll keep returning like a FUCKIN TERMINATOR! Still a very effective Segment almost feels like something you do on a go home Show can't wait to see how they build on all of this stuff.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It was indeed a great night of action this week for Impact.

I was happy they let Jordynne just get a clean pin on Tenille. I was definitely worried they would have Taya interfere, then Tenille would roll up Jordynne, and then we'd end up with a fatal fourway at the PPV. I'm already salty they have ODB in the match but I suppose as long as her function is to take the pinfall from Jordynne, I can live with it. Though, now that I think about it, I can see Taya pinning ODB to prolong Jordynne's pursuit of the gold.

Daga and TJP was a dope match, as expected. Both these guys just have a great look and great star quality. Honestly, I'm a little higher on Daga than TJP because of all the potential he seems to possess, but I was fine with TJP getting the win. Honestly, I hope at some point we see both of these guys in the world title picture because they definitely have the goods to at least challenge for it.

Swann has been killing it since BFG. I've never been that high on him but he's thriving in this role of spunky underdog lately. I have no gripes with them teasing a breakup between Mack and Swann. I love the team but I think they can both contribute so much on their own, I'd hate for them to be stuck doing tag work for the foreseeable future. Having said that, I think the teases at a split are a swerve and I bet they end up winning the tag titles at Hard To Kill.

I liked the storyline progression this week for the most part too. Seeing Trey have enough of Ace's actions and coming to blows with him in the back was necessary to help increase the heat of this feud. Sami promised to expose Tessa tonight and though he really didn't do that at all, it was sweet to see that brawl spill out into the street and it was a necessary tipping point in this feud. For all the shit they've put each other through, that's a new level they hadn't reached before. So good going on that for Impact. My main negative for this week is some of the match announcements for Hard To Kill. RVD vs. Brian Cage is an alright match, but Moose vs. Rhino? Hard pass from me. Madman Fulton vs. Ken Shamrock? HARD hard pass. And it's looking a lot like they might do Johnny Swinger vs. Joey Ryan too. Please don't.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
G1ArEVMl.jpg

Sami Callihan decided to show off the new Impact World Title for all to see. I like the Red and that God damn Owl they never named. I've never heard of a Company do a Contest to name a bird then they never name it. I put in a name for that contest my memory is warped because it was a few Years ago though.

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That's a pretty sexy belt. Distinct from any other world titles going as well. Good shit.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
That's a pretty sexy belt. Distinct from any other world titles going as well. Good shit.

You think the other Titles get a Face light with that Red Flare to it as well?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I mean, I don't even know how old the current belts are. I really like the way the KOs and X Division belts currently look so I'd have no problem if they just stuck with what they have, or maybe just modify them to be more red at the most.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean, I don't even know how old the current belts are. I really like the way the KOs and X Division belts currently look so I'd have no problem if they just stuck with what they have, or maybe just modify them to be more red at the most.

Yeah they barely had them about a Year it can't be less than two.

Watching this right now currently. I'm might have to go back and see Tayrn Terrell vs Gail Kim, because the Matches that came to mind first that were better to me were the two Wars between Mia Yim/Jade vs Rosemary for the Knockouts Title. They had one in a Monsters Ball Match and a Steel Cage one as well. Personally I thought those two Matches were better off memory, but the number 1 is no shock it brought in new fans from the act, but it didn't keep them watching they certainly didn't say when those guys left.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah, I saw the video. Great picks tbh. The top match is a controversial one because the wrestling was not good at all, but it was a very entertaining match and it created a ton of buzz for Impact. I thought it was interesting that all four of the top matches came from TV and not PPV.

I might have to go back and just rewatch all these matches. They're all pretty fantastic.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Lockdown safe bet. If it is they haven't done one since 2016. Funny it was in January too I believe.