IMPACT Discussion: July 24

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
TNA IMPACT Wrestling
July 24, 2014
New York City

IMPACT Preview: Team 3D Reunites, 6-Man NYC Streetfight, Bobby Roode faces MVP, Gail vs Taryn, The Great Muta, Austin Aries makes his "Option C" decision and MUCH MORE!

This week on IMPACT, TNA’s NYC run continues with a huge show! New Executive Director Kurt Angle has spared no detail in making this show just as action-packed as last week.

3f9492855742630b898388da4422b411.jpeg

006cb420e3d443dfec049b581f1d3a45.jpeg

9605aa68ef81af229ee9243a6630eeab.jpeg

106b5a485fb8e11682ebcbfe306d9f36.jpeg

fd0f753bf8f074d60579c8a865961b87.jpeg

8e0ee5f838624696cffadeede3c6eff1.jpeg

- The main event of this week’s broadcast will be a 6-Man New York City Street Fight, featuring Bully Ray, Devon and Tommy Dreamer teaming up to take on EC3, Rhino and Rockstar Spud. After Devon’s shocking return last week, this will mark the first time in years that Team 3D has been reunited. No doubt, they’ll have tables in tow!

- Another major return is set for IMPACT this Thursday, as Jeff Hardy has invited his brother Matt to NYC. What will happen with the two brothers reunite? Can we also expect the reformation of one of wrestling’s most impressive tag teams of all time? We will find out Thursday night!

- As announced by Kurt Angle at the end of last week’s broadcast, the excuses are over for MVP. Bobby Roode will finally get his 1-on-1 shot against the man responsible for his 7-week suspension. Making things even more interesting, it will be Roode vs MVP in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.

- The X-Division Champion Austin Aries has a HUGE decision to make this Thursday on IMPACT. Will he continue as X-Champ, or will the creator of Option C hand the X-Title over in order to challenge Lashley for the TNA World Title at Destination X? Aries makes his decision this Thursday on SPIKE.

- Legendary Japanese star The Great Muta will be making a very rare US appearance on IMPACT this Thursday night as well. Who will step forward to face him?

- Plus, Gail Kim defends the TNA Knockouts Championship against Taryn Terrell. These two have been part of some of the most memorable Knockouts matches in TNA history. Who will emerge victorious?

All this and so much more happens this Thursday when IMPACT airs on SPIKE TV at 9/8c.

Spud topless and rocking that bow tie. :lol1: :gusta: Actually kinda' looking forward to this show now that I'm working on getting back into it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Gail/Taryn 3? :yay:

please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck

Snowman1

Reaction score
I thought you knew me better than that :(( *goes to cry in the corner*

Well since everyone loved the Gail/Taryn matches it's hard not to get excited for the 3rd one, but I do have plenty of doubts. The first one was considered a MOTYC, but that was a Last Knockout Standing match with no interest or expectations that came out of nowhere to be really good... then there was the Ladder Match that was also good but couldn't really top the now-high expectations of the first match... fast forward a year and lots of dieting for Taryn to lose the baby weight, and expectations really feel sky-high after waiting so long for this. Hope they can pull a rabbit out of the hat again!

Thing is, it's not like Taryn is really any good. Gotta respect her, she took some nasty bumps and clearly cares and gives her heart for this "sport", but she's just not a good athlete.

And Aids won't be able to see it. What a shame. :pity:

Also Roode/MVP will be a whole lot of fun, and itty-bitty Aries staring Lashley in the eyes to take him on like the fearless warrior he is oughta be an amazing visual. We all salute you, Austin!

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
*huggggggg!*
But of course! If you meant it pervy you would have said, "Please suck please suck please suck." :ksi:

Oooooh, good point! After such great matches -- or at least one great, one decent -- before between them, then all the buildup and time it's taken to have this third bout, hopefully they'll put on a good match! :yay:

Roode/MVP should definitely be good, and I'll be looking forward to Aries as always. :gusta: And woo, Spud!!

Reactions: Snowman1

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
TNA has been awesome this past week and this card looks awesome, can't wait for the Roode v MVP and Aries bout, I thought Matt Hardy was in ROH?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Anyone know if/when this nostalgia trip will end? (@Testify, do you know? Or at least want to show up? :tough:) I'm trying to not bitch about it since all this ECW stuff and a Hardy Boyz reunion are great for business so my opinion doesn't matter, but... I don't wanna see Matt Hardy! :why: Go away!

This show should still be great based on the last 2 Impacts. GN82, you jumped back in at the right time. :)

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Seems like it! :eek:tunga: Loved last week's show, and on paper this one seems like it should be pretty nice, too.

@Leo C, IMPACT tonight. You in, buddy?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'm in! Again, if I remember the show's on and all of that. But I think I'll be here :dawg:

Stupid typos. :facepalm1:

Woo-hoo! I will tag you mercilessly if you think it'll help you remember. :haha:

You hear that, @Snowman? I've got Leo on board again. How can you miss LD time with the Leo?

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm in! Again, if I remember the show's on and all of that. But I think I'll be here :dawg:

Look! At the top! *points at the six-man tag* See Spud's crazy hair? Yeah, yeah, now forget the show.

Hoping to have you on board tonight, buddy, and that we have a fun LD.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Stupid typos. :facepalm1:

Woo-hoo! I will tag you mercilessly if you think it'll help you remember. :haha:

You hear that, @Snowman? I've got Leo on board again. How can you miss LD time with the Leo?
I honestly thought IMPAST was a joke, as in they're featuring 40-year-olds in the main feuds :lol1: How has no one actually called it that before? It's genius.

Look! At the top! *points at the six-man tag* See Spud's crazy hair? Yeah, yeah, now forget the show.

Hoping to have you on board tonight, buddy, and that we have a fun LD.
Surely it'll be fun. Although Hardy's worthless without Corino talking about how great he is, um, fine. :dawg:

Reactions: Snowman1