IMO, its too soon for Punk to cash in.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Now, since Wrestlemania, we've all been wondering why the hell WWE isnt letting Punk cash in...
Now seriously, we need to put our personal preferences aside when it comes to who should be champs... The internet fans have a tendency to want stars pushed too fast. They always end up being pushed, just not as quick as we say they should be...
Now, that isnt Punks fault... But IMO, they cant have him cash in his MITB yet, because he wont sell tickers... At all. Sure, itll make all of the internet happy, because we mostly all like him, and we all know what he can do...
But we have to remember, wwe fans arent all internet fans, so they havent all seen him in ROH, etc, so what would make them want to see him as champ?

Now, this isnt his fault... As I said, we know he can be a main eventer, but before he can cash it in, he needs to be built up... IMO, he is like Kennedy last year. Alot of us fans wanted him to be a main eventer, because we liked him, but once he got MITB, they discovered they couldnt have him in the main event already, because people wouldnt buy it...Of course he was injured as well, but TBH, I think Kennedy would have been in a situation like Punk is now... But Kennedy then got a nice, slow, buildup to the main event, and hes better off for it, because now, hes ready to be in the main event at any point...

Its the same for Punk. We all like him, and want him pushed. But honestly, I think at this point he would flop. At this point, going up against guys like HHH, Cena, Batista, Orton, etc, just doesnt seem right.
IMO, he needs to be Kennedied... Not injured, but needs to move to Raw or SD, and then needs to have a bunch of mid card feuds, and then build his popularity... And right now, WWE is desperately in need of new stars, and I believe Punk will be huge for the WWE, he just needs to be built up right, and shouldnt cash in until at least Ausust/September.

I know some people will say that he should just get the title, and then grow as a champ. But that wont work in WWE, they need someone to sell tickets, and Punk cant sell as a main eventer yet, so he needs to be pushed up first...

- Do you agree that even though we all want it, it is too soon for Punk to cash in?
- I also think that WWE is fucking up his push... It seems that they are just having him in random matches, until they decide to let him cash in. IMO, they need to have him do what kennedy has been doing, and win big matches, and some midcard feuds on SD or Raw, gaining even more fanfare. Would you agree that they arent pushing him like a future main eventer right now?
-Do you think Punk can be a top guy in WWE one day?

Remember, this is just my opinion, so state yours on Punk as well... Is is time to cash in now? Or will we have to be patient?

Soulpower

People aren't complaining because he hasn't cashed in the MITB. People are complaining because Punk seems to get jobbed out ALL THE DAMN TIME! The problem with this is that when he does cash in, no one will be expecting him to win, and even if he does win, he won't be all that credible in the eyes of the fans.

J

I read some of your post...not all oof it cuase my eyes are killing rom clorine...went swimming earlier...but now back on subject...I don't think its to soon for him to cash in...He could sell many ticket...put lots of ass's in seat...Do you remeber when it was Hardy's Dx and Cm Punk 2gether at Survivor Series...With all that star power in the ring the fans where still flipping for CM Punk...

Now as for a good time to cash it in...I think that Summerslam would be an amazing time...He could face off again Edge and put on one of the best shows Smackdown has seen in a long time...This would be an awesome idea...Cuase it would help build up an amazing fued that could put Smackdown back on the map...

If not on Smackdown...WWE could send CM Punk to Raw to have some awesome fueds...Punk vs. Cena...Punk vs. Orton(When he returns)...Hell Punk vs. Trips would be godly...A battle of the pedigree...Lol...So to answer your question...I don't think its to soon at all for Punk to cash it in...To be honest i think there waiting way to long to cash it in...

MikeRaw

People aren't complaining because he hasn't cashed in the MITB. People are complaining because Punk seems to get jobbed out ALL THE DAMN TIME! The problem with this is that when he does cash in, no one will be expecting him to win, and even if he does win, he won't be all that credible in the eyes of the fans.

Thats the point of question 2:D
That they are screwing up the push. it seems like theyre just waiting til they want him to cash it in, thinking it will work. But in rreality, he should get a Kennedy type push.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
It seems like they job out Punk for no reason and I'm getting sick of it. Punk does deserve a top spot and I think that he'll get there when they decide to turn him heel. He could easily be a top heel on Raw.

Soulpower

The thing is if he moves to RAW, he'll likely get jobbed out anyways! He get jobbed out to Morrison, THE MIZ, Chavo, even Palumbo made Punk his bitch (Yes, Punk won but Chuck dominated about 90% of the match). '

Do you really think that things would be any different if he's facing people like... HBK, HHH, Cena, JBL, Orton, Jericho and Jeff Hardy?

MikeRaw

The thing is if he moves to RAW, he'll likely get jobbed out anyways! He get jobbed out to Morrison, THE MIZ, Chavo, even Palumbo made Punk his bitch (Yes, Punk won but Chuck dominated about 90% of the match). '

Do you really think that things would be any different if he's facing people like... HBK, HHH, Cena, JBL, Orton, Jericho and Jeff Hardy?

Ya, what Im saying though is, it seems liek thats wwe's form of push. It seems liek they are trying to make him an underdog, and then just have him randomly cash it in or some shit... But IMO (see question 2) they are goign about it all wrong, beause thats not a good way to push.

So to answer my own questions...

1-They need to push him more before cashing it in... her doesnt have enough momentum yet...
2-Yes, they are pushing him wrong. theyre just waiting for something it seems, but they need to make a main eventer out of him, and do a nice, solid push (Ken style) He wont get big by staying on ECW and jobbing... But he wont get big main eventing Raw and losing to HHH, etc... he needs to go to Raw or SD, and get in great midcard feuds, and matches, that will boost his popularity... Put him against good heels. THEN by the end of the year, he should be in the position Kennedy is in now, and go to the main event.
3-Yes, he can be a huge star in a year IMO.

Switchy

Reaction score
I can't see Punk cashing in any time soon but if he does cash it in the next month or two he definatly wouldn't be a credible champ. WWE need to get Punk involved more and maybe get him on Raw quite a bit maybe have him do some uppercard stuff there, feud him with JBL and then make him build a sort of mentor/student relationship with Triple H until BAM! turn Punk heel and get him the title. I'd say make his title run pretty short but even as a challenger people would still know who he is and maybe even give him a manager to help him get some cheat victories and put him over as a heel.

^^^ = My masterplan

Qwake

^ Genious...

That is the best plan I have heard for CM Punk since winning MITB...

Although I wouldnt like the match between HHH and Punk but it would bring hype and bring alot of heat for Punk if he were to turn heel. The match I wanted to see most was CM Punk to cash it in on Randy Orton and then fued but Randy lost the title and got injured :(

Reaction score
I'm going to disregard your questions as such and talk about the topic, again. Note there's already a thread made about this here, you've just reworded it.

Punk is being jobbed out full time right now, whether or not this is poor booking by the WWE creative, it's just them biding their time (that they're going to begin to push him later; maybe have a "Summer of Punk" sorta thing) to push him big, or they're making him an underdog.

By jobbing him out, they can still manage to get him upto semi decent status for when he cashes in his title shot. However, I think they're going to need to go with a "summer of punk" idea, having him win some big matches consecutively, at some big stages (ie Summerslam/survivor series) to do this. This will pull him up and out of any underdog status that may be accompanying him. Thinking about it right now, a cross-brand fued leading into Survivor Series (possibly with someone on SD) would work nicely. He can be pushed, and not have to worry about jobbing to any bigger talent on his show (if it be, RAW).

the underdog idea I'd like to see much better, however they best get their ass into gear right now. They could work it, but he'd have to lose his title match. he'll also have to start winning some of his matches, like the palumbo match noted (get dominated a fair bit). I dont like this idea, but it's still plausable.

Regardless of what they decide to do with him, I cannot really see Punk cashing in his MiTB contract til around Survivor Series/NYR time or year.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Well I am also going to disregard your questions as well.

CM Punk could be jobbing for one reason that I could think of and that is because after seeing the type of reactions that Colin Delaney was getting when He kept losing and kept coming back but WWE should not have gone down that road because it is totally wrong. The should just give him a few midcard fueds over on Smackdown to build him abit.

What I see as the big problem with Punk is when He was faced with Kane is that Kane got a bigger pop then Punk whereas Kane is meant to be the big monster type Face who nobody can reallly relate to whereas Punk is a facr that some people can relate too. IMO it is because the fans have not heard much of him on the mic and that is threrefore a bad thing for the WWE.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

- Do you agree that even though we all want it, it is too soon for Punk to cash in?

Punk should definitely not cash in now. He has zero momentum, and is not ready to be a proper World Champion. Give him some time.

- I also think that WWE is fucking up his push... It seems that they are just having him in random matches, until they decide to let him cash in. IMO, they need to have him do what kennedy has been doing, and win big matches, and some midcard feuds on SD or Raw, gaining even more fanfare. Would you agree that they arent pushing him like a future main eventer right now?

I don't think they are screwing his push up, I simply think they are going to turn him heel. I don't see any other reason for these losses.

-Do you think Punk can be a top guy in WWE one day?

Yes. He has a different look and good wrestling ability. Just give him some time on the mic and there you have it.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Only three things can happen to Punk with his run right now:

1) He'll lose the briefcase to someone more worthy
2) His continous losing will make me PO'd, thus turning him heel
3) He'll start winning but lose when he cashes it.

Reaction score
- I didn't want punk to win the MITB in the first place so he should lose the breifcase to someone else like Shawn Michaels

- CM Punk is like a jobber but he has the skills so I think he could be a big star someday but not right now.