I'm actually starting to enjoy Batista.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Genuinely think bringing Batista back to win the Rumble and headline Mania will go down as one of WWE's worst decisions.

Really?

I think he'll be a footnote in the legacy of the build to WM30. The build will be remembered for the Royal Rumble disappointment and the obvious plan for Batista vs Orton, the Punk walkout, the fan backlash to the match, and the way the stubborn WWE finally realized they had to listen to the fans and added Bryan to the main event, and hopefully five years down the line we'll still remember this as the pivotal time WWE got with the times and stopped thinking they knew what the fans want more than the fans do...

...unless they have Batista win the belt (which I'm half-expecting).Then they can go suck on a muffler.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I really really hope Baturdsta wins the belt at Mania.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Batista has the brain of a 17 year old girl, but the body of an HGH experiment... how could that possibly result in a babyface character?
i've seen cats like this before, friends of mine. They were ok dudes one moment, then they started dating exotic chicks and turned into Batista
I'd be willing to bet anything he's dating some exotic chick who likes the garbage he's wearing and the fact he shares a female's brain
Then again....
upload_2014-3-25_21-0-44.jpeg
... maybe this is his way of coming out of his own proverbial closet

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Too many replies to catch up here. Batista is trash, his music is alright, and Steph made the entire segment. Even Orton's laughs looked genuine before the cartoony spear that took place after.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I haven't been enjoying him at all, since he's been back he's had a total of one good line out of everything he's done in my opinion. Triple H and Steph are the only two who are keeping me interested in the WWE title scene at the moment.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I will always be a Batista mark no matter what. I actually enjoy watching his matches. I remember lovin' Batista vs. Y2J at Vengeance and I hope that he gets more in shape so he doesn't seem so gassed out. I actually didn't know if he was gonna be able to hit that spear after selling that slap from Stephanie.

Batista is not the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. He doesn't have to claim that he is the best in the world.

Batista is the best PERIOD so #DealWithIt.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I haven't been enjoying him at all, since he's been back he's had a total of one good line out of everything he's done in my opinion. Triple H and Steph are the only two who are keeping me interested in the WWE title scene at the moment.

I take it back, I've also started to enjoy him after tonight. I'll be rooting for him at 'Mania if Triple H doesn't make it to the Main Event.

Reactions: Wilby and Wacokid27

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
but let's not pretend he's a modern day Chris Benoit...
Roman seems like the kinda guy I would hang out with though.

As for Batista, he's a bit more entertaining with his character now, and I think he fits in since he's an asshole and he's the asshole who won the Royal Rumble instead of the fan favorite Daniel Bryan, but still he's shit. I think he's in the only spot I can see him being at right now, putting over another talent like Daniel Bryan. Afterwards he should put over other faces, like Roman Reigns or would be cool to see Cody Rhodes go over him and prepare him for a singles run. Prefer Batista as a heel, and I think he's being used right, so I can manage with it.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Roman seems like the kinda guy I would hang out with though.

As for Batista, he's a bit more entertaining with his character now, and I think he fits in since he's an asshole and he's the asshole who won the Royal Rumble instead of the fan favorite Daniel Bryan, but still he's shit. I think he's in the only spot I can see him being at right now, putting over another talent like Daniel Bryan. Afterwards he should put over other faces, like Roman Reigns or would be cool to see Cody Rhodes go over him and prepare him for a singles run. Prefer Batista as a heel, and I think he's being used right, so I can manage with it.

It also helped that they did the go-home Raw in DC. He got a great spot last night in the Orton match, giving RKO the big spear and then did a good job selling Bryan's running knee.

Last night's Raw was definitely the best showing he's had since his return, although (God, I hate to admit this), he's definitely gotten more watchable the last two or three weeks.

wk

Farooq

Reaction score
It also helped that they did the go-home Raw in DC. He got a great spot last night in the Orton match, giving RKO the big spear and then did a good job selling Bryan's running knee.

Last night's Raw was definitely the best showing he's had since his return, although (God, I hate to admit this), he's definitely gotten more watchable the last two or three weeks.

wk
So now he's evolved from Khali quality to Twilight movies quality?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
So now he's evolved from Khali quality to Twilight movies quality?

LOL....I've found him enjoyable, probably because he and Orton have sort of become the "forgotten men" in this feud. So much focus is on HHH and DBD that Orton and Batista have just been quieter, outside of a couple of segments and their matches on the shows. And, in Batista's case, it's probably a case of less is more.

wk

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Reaction score
Fair enough :obama: Sounds like Batista and Orton are the two background characters between a student and a high school principle.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Batista is okay I suppose, his matches are pretty bad but his promos are okay.. I just wish he wouldn't take about "Where are all the real men at?" and such with a freaking nose stud in.