I'm actually starting to enjoy Batista.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
pardon me princess. It is relevant to me, because I can't really enjoy the build for a match I know will suck. That's just me as a fan though. You are free to enjoy any big skinny jean wearing terrible match putting on douchebag you feel to.
You think Bryan vs Batista vs Orton is guaranteed to suck? Orton was one of the best wrestlers in the world in 2011, and Bryan himself has won that award like a billion years in a row. Batista being in the match doesn't mean the match will suck; he can provide the shock moments. Unless of course you're just generalising Batista matches in general and that's why you can't enjoy him, but that's a bit silly imo. You mark for Reigns, but let's be honest, a long one on one match with him is going to suck at the moment while he's still green... isn't that slightly hypocritical?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You think Bryan vs Batista vs Orton is guaranteed to suck? Orton was one of the best wrestlers in the world in 2011, and Bryan himself has won that award like a billion years in a row. Batista being in the match doesn't mean the match will suck; he can provide the shock moments. Unless of course you're just generalising Batista matches in general and that's why you can't enjoy him, but that's a bit silly imo. You mark for Reigns, but let's be honest, a long one on one match with him is going to suck at the moment while he's still green... isn't that slightly hypocritical?
I enjoy Reigns matches a lot more than Orton, Bryan or Batista matches.

You are the one who constantly shits on Reigns as a singles guy. I've enjoyed him any time he gets a long run of in ring action.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I enjoy Reigns matches a lot more than Orton, Bryan or Batista matches.

You are the one who constantly shits on Reigns as a singles guy. I've enjoyed him any time he gets a long run of in ring action.
What Reigns singles match stands out for you? How have you even seen enough of him to judge that? And I don't "constantly shit" on him, or even shit on him, it's a known fact the guy is green and that is absolutely fine. He has been doing incredible and shows potential, but let's not pretend he's a modern day Chris Benoit...

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What Reigns singles match stands out for you? How have you even seen enough of him to judge that? And I don't "constantly shit" on him, or even shit on him, it's a known fact the guy is green and that is absolutely fine. He has been doing incredible and shows potential, but let's not pretend he's a modern day Chris Benoit...
Nobody is pretending that. Reigns entertains me in the ring, I don't know how else I can put it to you. He hasn't been given singles matches outside of the Punk Raw ME or the Bray match, which were both good IMO, but in the rumble, survivor series, any 6 man tag, ect, he entertains me when he is in the ring.

You act like there is some formula that equates to people being entertained. Can I not just enjoy Roman Reigns like a fucking mark that I am? shit man. I enjoy Reigns, and I don't enjoy any of Bryan, Batista and damn sure not Orton. End of story? I like who I like and you can like who you like, is that not part of the beauty of wrestling?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

The match sounds like what we expected out of the Punk/Rock/Cena triple threat all of us except the Punk haters wanted at WM last year. Punk and Cena (played by Orton and Bryan) have great chemistry and they can carry the action while the Rock (played by Dave) can be out of shape sucking wind on the outside for much of the match while coming in to do some basic signature spots every now and then to give us a different match than the usual Bryan/Orton match we've seen a billion times.

Sounds good to me!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nobody is pretending that. Reigns entertains me in the ring, I don't know how else I can put it to you. He hasn't been given singles matches outside of the Punk Raw ME or the Bray match, which were both good IMO, but in the rumble, survivor series, any 6 man tag, ect, he entertains me when he is in the ring.

You act like there is some formula that equates to people being entertained. Can I not just enjoy Roman Reigns like a fucking mark that I am? shit man. I enjoy Reigns, and I don't enjoy any of Bryan, Batista and damn sure not Orton. End of story? I like who I like and you can like who you like, is that not part of the beauty of wrestling?
Why are you suddenly twisting this as if I'm telling you who you can and can't like? You can mark for Ryder, Fandango, and the Muppets for all I care. Hell, let's give them a stable! It was your reasoning for not enjoying Batista's promos and build -- that his match in the future will suck -- which is what I didn't understand, when you mark for a guy who is still green and hasn't had much singles action at all (still can tell he's green, and I've watched his NXT matches). It's not a problem that he is green either so you don't need to be defensive about that by thinking I constantly shit on it bro. I love Reigns, how many times do I need to say this?

Anyway, there's no point arguing it, I just didn't understand the reasoning as it came off as slightly hypocritical. I'm not a match-guy so I could care less if the build doesn't equal the match quality. Batista impressed me last night with the role he is playing and it works pretty well in this feud in my opinion.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Why are you suddenly twisting this as if I'm telling you who you can and can't like? You can mark for Ryder, Fandango, and the Muppets for all I care. Hell, let's give them a stable! It was your reasoning for not enjoying Batista's promos and build -- that his match in the future will suck -- which is what I didn't understand, when you mark for a guy who is still green and hasn't had much singles action at all (still can tell he's green, and I've watched his NXT matches). It's not a problem that he is green either so you don't need to be defensive about that by thinking I constantly shit on it bro. I love Reigns, how many times do I need to say this?

Anyway, there's no point arguing it, I just didn't understand the reasoning as it came off as slightly hypocritical. I'm not a match-guy so I could careless if the build doesn't equal the match quality. Batista impressed me last night with the role he is playing and it works pretty well in this feud in my opinion.
I just hate when people drag completely unrelated shit into a discussion. We are talking Batista, why bring up Reigns? Its the same shit hoards of dumbasses do with me and DZ. I love talking about DZ, but not every time I post in any topic. Same with you and bringing up Reigns to me all the time now. Yea, I love Reigns. Yea, you don't mark for his ring work. I just think we've had this same dance before.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Am I going blind? I've explained this in my last two posts lmao.
I've read it, but it doesn't make sense. Batista is absolutely fucking dog shit in the ring and you just say "well Reigns is green"

OK, he's green? He is still awesome for me to watch compete in ring. How else can it be put to you? You compare the two in your own mind, but in my mind they are not comparable. See?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
bGEIX.gif

Edit after Crayo's post: :downer:

Reactions: Farooq

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I've read it, but it doesn't make sense. Batista is absolutely fucking dog shit in the ring and you just say "well Reigns is green"

OK, he's green? He is still awesome for me to watch compete in ring. How else can it be put to you? You compare the two in your own mind, but in my mind they are not comparable. See?
Never mind. Football is on and I can't be bothered explaining it or going over it again.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I have been among the least impressed by the Batista return. Even when he announced he was a heel, I, who thought that announcement would make his return so much better, was completely underwhelmed.

But, his antics in last night's opening segment were excellent and contributed to the build for the triple threat. I especially liked his non-reaction to getting his glasses slapped off. Part of me thought he would say something like, "Bryan's right. You do hit like a girl." It would have been stupid, but it probably would have gotten a crowd pop. I also have to agree with Rain about the mic malfunction deal. It did come across great on television, like he was so pissed off it was causing the microphone to not be able to pick up what he was saying.

wk

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lol dude sucks at everything.

I see they've announced Orton v Batista for next week's RAW. haha this was meant to be the main-event of the year's biggest show.

Genuinely think bringing Batista back to win the Rumble and headline Mania will go down as one of WWE's worst decisions.

nationalhala

Jobber
Reaction score
Even though the opening segment on RAW was a complete embarrassment, he did really well for me. I'm liking heel Dave mix with other heels. He has this badass persona with his hipster jeans but it's working. He knows how to shut down the fans who chant boring and all that.

How are you all enjoying big Dave?
I was enjoying him til he ruined D-Bry's moment when he was attacking HHH (2 weeks ago or something like that). Apart from that I'm glad he's back.