I'm actually starting to enjoy Batista.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Even though the opening segment on RAW was a complete embarrassment, he did really well for me. I'm liking heel Dave mix with other heels. He has this badass persona with his hipster jeans but it's working. He knows how to shut down the fans who chant boring and all that.

How are you all enjoying big Dave?

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
How are you all enjoying big Dave?

Since the heel turn became official a few weeks ago I have started to warm towards Batista more so than when he came back at the Royal Rumble. It appears he has started to adjust to the consistent negative reactions he is receiving from the WWE audiences and is managing to incorporate his own feelings in to his heel promos.

I would like to see him squash a few more face wrestlers though before WM30 to demonstrate more of his animalistic characteristics. Maybe back-to-back Batista bomb's on Miz this Friday during a Miz TV segment? "Best for Business"

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I definitely enjoyed seeing him own Stephanie and send her on her way last night. It marked the first time since his return that he did something that entertained me.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That opening segment was really good (when I was able to stop staring at Steph long enough to pay attention).

Honestly, the microphone issues kinda worked for him. It came across as him being so angry and yelling that his voice was cracking up. It comes across well on TV. Heel Batista has always lead to great TV, just give the guy some bullet points and let him yell into a mic for 5 minutes and you usually get some great TV. Problem is he eventually has to wrestle, too.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nah. I only saw the opener so far and he was bad. His spear made me want to stop watching wrestling completely, it was that bad.

Reactions: Brad.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
OH HELL NO! :pipebomb:

I'm glad you are enjoying him, I sure as hell am not. He is so shitty Orton got a decent pop for the RKO.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Snowman1

Reaction score
Come on, you guys aren't enjoying him? He's the perfect blend of comedy and unintentional comedy. You can laugh at his rage and then laugh at his shitty spear.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Come on, you guys aren't enjoying him? He's the perfect blend of comedy and unintentional comedy. You can laugh at his rage and then laugh at his shitty spear.
I've said unintentional comedy is all he is good for. Me laughing at how terrible he is doesn't make me want to see his shitty matches any more though.

Snowman1

Reaction score
There's nothing in this world that'll make you want to see an actual Batista match lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's pretty stupid for anyone to discuss match quality and Batista in the same sentence. We're evidently talking about segments, promos, etc., and not his dull matches. He is serving his role pretty well in this feud.
pardon me princess. It is relevant to me, because I can't really enjoy the build for a match I know will suck. That's just me as a fan though. You are free to enjoy any big skinny jean wearing terrible match putting on douchebag you feel to.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
For me his promos always seem to be all over the place. Stuttering, repeating, and then he says deal with it. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't say they were good either.

Reactions: Farooq