If you could bring back any star, who?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

During Lesner's run he was one of my favorites in the WWE. And I believe that if he stuck around he would be "The Thing." I seriously doubt that Batista would have been given the monster push he has bee given since Lesner left. We would be talking about Lesner/HHH matches or Lesner/Orton (Which IMO woul OWN) rather then Roidista and (insert main eventer here)

Nah, Batista would've still got the huge push. You have to realise that when he was in Evolution, the plan the whole time was to push him as a big star, just like they would do with Orton. He definately wouldn't be one of the big 3 like he is now, but he still would've been a main eventer in the company.

Reaction score
He definately wouldn't be one of the big 3 like he is now, but he still would've been a main eventer in the company.
Why not? He has became a bigger star than Lesnar ever was, and you just said that he would have still gotten the push he did, so he still would have become as popular as he has become. So why wouldn't he be one of the big 3 like he is now?

MikeRaw

Because Lesnar was already being pushed before him, so therefore if Lesnar had stayed, he would've had the role as one of the top three main eventers, like he was already on the path to. Batista still would've been a main eventer, no doubt, but he wouldn't have been on the level of the big 3.
WWE would've pushed both guys, so I don't get why everyone assumes they wouldn't have made Batista. It's clear they would've. But they wouldn't have needed, or wanted, to push him into the spot of one of the faces of the company, because Lesnar would already have a spot locked down there byy the time Batista's push came along. Instead, he would've been in the tier right below it, where you're still a top str, just not one of the faces that define the generation.

Reaction score
Because Lesnar was already being pushed before him, so therefore if Lesnar had stayed, he would've had the role as one of the top three main eventers, like he was already on the path to. Batista still would've been a main eventer, no doubt, but he wouldn't have been on the level of the big 3.
WWE would've pushed both guys, so I don't get why everyone assumes they wouldn't have made Batista. It's clear they would've.
We are in agreement that they would have pushed both guys, but seeing as how he did become a bigger star than Lesnar ever was, I don't see why he still wouldn't have become the bigger star even if Lesnar had stayed.

But they wouldn't have needed, or wanted, to push him into the spot of one of the faces of the company, because Lesnar would already have a spot locked down there byy the time Batista's push came along.
This is where I really disagree with you. Why wouldn't they have pushed Batista the way they did? Lesnar was supposed to become a big time face, but he basically flopped. It's obvious that they wanted to him to become an uber popular baby face with what they had him do at WM19, but he didn't get over well enough as a face. So they still would have had that big time face void to fill, and Batista would have still been one of the guys along with Cena to fill that void.

MikeRaw

We are in agreement that they would have pushed both guys, but seeing as how he did become a bigger star than Lesnar ever was, I don't see why he still wouldn't have become the bigger star even if Lesnar had stayed.
Because he became the bigger star because he was able to be given the space that Lesnar vacated, and ended up becoming more popular in that spot. If Lesnar hadn't left, the spot wouldn't be there for Batista to fill, and he wouldn't have been given the oppurtunity to become the bigger star.

This is where I really disagree with you. Why wouldn't they have pushed Batista the way they did? Lesnar was supposed to become a big time face, but he basically flopped. It's obvious that they wanted to him to become an uber popular baby face with what they had him do at WM19, but he didn't get over well enough as a face. So they still would have had that big time face void to fill, and Batista would have still been one of the guys along with Cena to fill that void.

Batista would've still been looked up to fill that void, you're right, but he wouldn't have been looked to to fill it at the top level, as one of the big 3 guys. He would've been looked to to fill the void of a main event face, after the recent losses, which is why we both agree he still would've been pushed, but I don't think they would've needed him to fill the void of being one of the top 3 or 5 guys. If Lesnar stayed, they would've had enough star power at the very top to be comfortable with it, and wouldn't need to make anothe rmega-star, whether face or heel. Lesnar left, so they then had a huge hole to fill, and had to make Batista one of the top guys, as in book him to have a Hall of Fame type career. If he hadn't left, the void to fill wouldn't have been as big, therefore he only would've had to fill a smaller spot, thus making him a true main eventer, but not the type of future HOF'er he's on track to be today.
This is the best example I can give...
If Lesnar stayed, today would've been something like..:
Tier 1 : Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Triple H
Tier 2: Shawn Michaels, Batista, Chris Jericho, Edge, Rey Mysterio
There simply wouldn't have been the need to make him the megastar, and face of this era, because Lesnar would've already had a headstart there.
Now that he left though, the hole to fill was bigger, so they, instead of pushing him to be just a main eventer, pushed him to be a megastar, and face of the era...

Reaction score
How wouldn't he have become a mega star though? You admit that they still would have pushed him to become a main eventer, but not a mega star? Almost every main event guy is pushed with the hopes of them becoming a mega star, but as much as some people believe this, the WWE really has no control over who becomes a mega star. The fans are the ones that choose who becomes a mega star. Batista would have still eventually turned on Triple H and turned face, it was pretty much inevitable. So had he done that, the fans would have still gotten behind him the way they did, so he would have still become the mega star that he has become. Brock Lesnar never became a mega star, and there is little to prove that he would have ever become one. He would have been more along the lines of a Triple H I think. Always a big time player, but never the very top tier like a Cena, Batista, Rock, or Austin type guy.

Kizza

^^^^I didn't see much of Hassan aside from his bucking heads with Hogan. I get the impression I missed someone rather good.

Not really imo. He played a decent character well, and was average in the ring. He shone on the mic, but he was basically Daivari's current gimmick, but a bit better. I still remember everyone ganging up on him to eliminate him in the battle royal. I also remember downloading the whore event of him and Taker, the one that aired on the day or the day after of the London Bombings. That was some freaky ass shit imo. I think he choked him with piano wire or something.

Airfixx

^^^Thx to all for blurrb and links re: Hussain.

Re: Batista/Lesnar.... Batista would have been pushed, yes, but you can't ignore the similarities between the two in terms of look and the neiche on the roster and Lesnar would have repeatedly outperformed, and as a result, evenrtually outshone 'The Animal'.....

Result: Lesnar way above Batista on the card.

noumenon

Honestly, the standout moment in my mind from Lesnar was his initial debut...where he came in and destroyed everyone in that hardcore match. THAT was fucking insane.

straight_edge76

The first 6 months of Lesners run were some of the best initail pushing of a Big Man since Kane.

MikeRaw

Honestly, the standout moment in my mind from Lesnar was his initial debut...where he came in and destroyed everyone in that hardcore match. THAT was fucking insane.

My favourite moment was his Hell in a Cell with Taker.
His debut was great though. You ust don't see guys pushed like that anymore.
[yt]iSnU6YcvKiw[/yt]
This was pretty funny too though:
[yt]cAFSIG6PvEE[/yt]

the dark knight

i forgot to mention............the initial push's credit goes to heyman tbh. not all of it, but most.

MikeRaw

You mean for getting him over? If so, then I agree. But if you mean for booking him, then no. Heyman wrote for Smackdown, when he went there, and can be credited with pushing him then. But at first, on Raw, Heyman didn't write.

Airfixx

You have a hankering for the return of a limping old man who looks like an overcooked sausage and would bury the majority of the roster?

...Strange.